The future looks bright Jets fans ...

IC Khari

I have Jets faith but not sure anyone could overcome 3 - 0 against this Ducks team. That being said, one or two plays here and there and this series could have been 3 - 0 for the Jets. We're not as far off as we thought last Fall. This team is giving us an exciting season and it will only get better as we bring in the prospects like these two guys (gonna be fun watching plays like this over the next number of seasons) ...

I want Stempniak and Stafford back. Could go either way on Frolik. Don't need Tlusty back.

Aside from that, I'm not opposed to letting Byfuglien walk at this point. He's had a brutal series and I think the team is building an identity without him. I've characterized him as the "face" of the aggressive identity of the Jets, but I don't think he is anymore. I could go either way on him.

I want to see them make room for Ehlers at this point.

Not sure what else.

I want Stempniak and Stafford back. Could go either way on Frolik. Don't need Tlusty back.

Aside from that, I'm not opposed to letting Byfuglien walk at this point. He's had a brutal series and I think the team is building an identity without him. I've characterized him as the "face" of the aggressive identity of the Jets, but I don't think he is anymore. I could go either way on him.

I want to see them make room for Ehlers at this point.

Not sure what else.

Exactly what I've been saying.  Buff isnt the stuff anymore.  Its possible the decline we expected for a player of his size, age, fitness level is happening sooner than expected.  The good news is, 29 other teams are out there and several of them will think it's just that Buff didnt want to play for Winnipeg and will lead those teams to the promised land.  Maybe he will.  Let's find out.

Maurice likes Tlusty and I'd be fine with him as a fourth liner who can play up in emergencies but I think he will get better offers.

They really have no choice but to make room for Ehlers as I cannot imagine him having to go back and play another year of junior.  But you never know.

Wanted to add, it wouldnt surprise me if the team had to take one step back next season, to take two forward.  Such a tough division.  Need a lot of points to make the playoffs.  If the team moves on from guys like Buff and Ladd, there might be some growing pains for the kids.  I thought Scheif was great in Game One (despite the penalty) but has been ground out and checked out in the last couple.  It's a learning experience for him though. 

I think back to the Pens who were a good team in 2007 that lost in the first round to the Sens.  They took that experience and went to the Cup finals the next year and lost, took that experience the following year to the finals and won.  Wayne Gretzky tells the story of the young Oilers losing their first final and never wanting to feel that way again and needing to learn how to win.

Not comparing the Jets to those teams.  But the point is the same.  The Jets have played a very good Ducks team (a Cup-calibre Ducks team) to close games.  there is a reason that the Ducks set a league record for coming back from consecutive games losing into the third, coming back to win...because the Jets were up.  It says alot about how close they are.  The Jets are a good young team.

For me, my disappointment is in thinking that this might be a possiblity given the youth but thinking our experienced vets who had been there before like Ladd, Buff would lead the way and that's the disappointment.  Ladd is hurt.  We will find out eventually how bad.  If he's very hurt, his performance last night was pretty heroic.  You dont want to trade your Captain.

Ladd will sign an extension and Chevy should do everything he can to make sure he does. He's a good vet leader out there, played his heart out last night, Buff tho? I think they will end up moving him, you don't want to give buff a big money contract for a long time and have him go MIA for periods of time. 

The other plus ladd has going for him, he plays a position of weakness for the Jets really.. He's our best LW, Ehlers might be in the future but he isn't yet..

Buff on the other hand, Myers,Trouba and you got other RHD in the system like Kostalek who i think will be very very good, guy is tearing up the Q right now in the playoffs himself.  

Myers and Trouba are 1A AND 1B d pairings there... Buff at lots of money to play on the third pair just doesn't make sense really when you have some holes at other positions.. LHD being one.

If I'm moving Buff and i think i would, I'd hope for a first and a good prospect or a 1st and a LHD man. LHD is an area of weakness on the team and in the system for that matter. 

Trouba has be come the teams best D-Man this series a step you love seeing him make. Lowery has become the teams best two way guy. I would be more inclined to ship Enstrom out I don't think his game is conducive to a western playoff style. Morrisey is a small guy but from watching at the Worlds or with Prince Albert he plays physical. If Ehlers is on the big club play him on the number one line Ladd and Little could of used a play maker on that line.

Ladd may have played his heart out and given it an A+ effort last night but he also played like dog **** the entire series, effort excluded.

I was down on Ladd but we really have to wait to see what his injury is.  if it's serious, then it makes his performance last night more heroic.  If he's that hurt, Im more concerned with the player management of the coaching staff who should have had Perrault or Stafford in that spot.

Trouba has be come the teams best D-Man this series a step you love seeing him make. Lowery has become the teams best two way guy. I would be more inclined to ship Enstrom out I don't think his game is conducive to a western playoff style. Morrisey is a small guy but from watching at the Worlds or with Prince Albert he plays physical. If Ehlers is on the big club play him on the number one line Ladd and Little could of used a play maker on that line.

Lets not get crazy.  Ehlers is still going to just be a rookie.  If he comes in and scores 15 goals, I think that has to be considered a phenomenal start.

Enstrom is not only very talented, he's our best LHD by far,.

Ehlers will be a JET next season, either on scheifs line or lowrys...

Others who could make it as forward include petan too, think he was close this past year too...

If you add those 2, that's a ton of skill coming in to the lineup right there..

Its hard to say what happens with our ufas like staff,frolik,stemp,slater and what happens in free agency (doubt we are that active this off-season, doesn't seem to be many guys out there this year to be honest) (i'll take the smart cheap signing like perreault again tho over the long term 6 7 million dollar a year stastny types)

Heres how i see it, 

Centers - Little,Scheif,Lowry,Copp

RW - Wheeler,Perreault, Stafford,Thorburn

LW- Ladd,Ehlers,Petan,Stempniak

That could change and probably will depending on what happens with our own free agents but... with maurice saying we very well could get younger next season, i could see that being possible. Really mix and match all you want.

There are also trade possibilities, guys like Toby,Buff,Ladd even (doubtful ladd is moved tho), Burmi (think he's as good as traded), Pav even. so who knows what these guys could bring back... 

Organizational depth is weak on the LHD side and on the LW side really... Petan could go to the A even. 

I have Jets faith but not sure anyone could overcome 3 - 0 against this Ducks team. That being said, one or two plays here and there and this series could have been 3 - 0 for the Jets. We're not as far off as we thought last Fall. This team is giving us an exciting season and it will only get better as we bring in the prospects like these two guys (gonna be fun watching plays like this over the next number of seasons) ...

Nice goal by Petan there. He scored a few like that in the World Juniors too - putting it in a place the goalie doesn't expect, shooting from extreme angles. He's going to be a good one.

Sorry but I still have the love for Buff.

He is one of the major reasons why we make it tough for other teams to play against us. Every team has one of them, Buff is ours. It's not just about identity. He's  an elite utility player that plays on and over the line. I'd hate to give that up, head shot to Katy Perry not withstanding. Loved the chant last night. Well done.  

Buff is not really an elite d man tho, to be an elite d man, you need to be able to play D. He's a good player but lately, he's caused more harm than good.

When Buff isn't doing good things, he's either not doing anything or is caught out of position. The last several games now, several, 10 15 20 games with Buff on D, since the All Star Break Really, he has not been good at all. 

Things that make you go hmmm

Without Buff in the lineup, The Jets win more than they lose, it's a significant amount too.

Without Toby in the lineup, the Jets win more than they lose, it's a significant amount too.

Tells me those 2 are replaceable. 

When Buff is on, he's on but when he's off and lately he's been off more than he has been on, He's a liability out there. 

I wouldn't give him a big money long term deal, not a chance... He's just not worth the 6 7 8 million a year he will get elsewhere. Especially to a team like the Jets, who in reality, they are building this team through the youth. Buff is our 3rd best Right Handed D man, He's not worth what it would cost to keep him when one day and soon you will have to extend trouba,lowry,scheif and the sorts. 

Gotta remember what the D in D man stands for... Buff does not bring that. 

Watching Jets with Buff is a lot more fun than without Buff. He is the type of player that I would want on my team, rather than on the enemies team. He teaches the opposition to look over their shoulders. The Ducks are just one of maybe two or three teams that can deal with his intimidation and physical domination. Everyone one knows what a Buff is capable of. This isnt a series that the Jets are getting blown out. They are showing they can compete with a Cup calibre team and play very entertaining hockey. But for petes sake, getting a couple of wins would make this season a success beyond my expectations.

Just one win...that's all I ask. Give the home fans something to cheer about. My dad is coming through town tomorrow, randomly, and we haven't watched a Jets game of any kind together in at least 20 years. I'm hoping that will help conjure up some magic for one big W tomorrow...

Buff is not really an elite d man tho, to be an elite d man, you need to be able to play D. He's a good player but lately, he's caused more harm than good.

When Buff isn't doing good things, he's either not doing anything or is caught out of position. The last several games now, several, 10 15 20 games with Buff on D, since the All Star Break Really, he has not been good at all.

Things that make you go hmmm

Without Buff in the lineup, The Jets win more than they lose, it's a significant amount too.

Without Toby in the lineup, the Jets win more than they lose, it's a significant amount too.

Tells me those 2 are replaceable.

When Buff is on, he's on but when he's off and lately he's been off more than he has been on, He's a liability out there.

I wouldn't give him a big money long term deal, not a chance... He's just not worth the 6 7 8 million a year he will get elsewhere. Especially to a team like the Jets, who in reality, they are building this team through the youth. Buff is our 3rd best Right Handed D man, He's not worth what it would cost to keep him when one day and soon you will have to extend trouba,lowry,scheif and the sorts.

Gotta remember what the D in D man stands for... Buff does not bring that.

He can't play D but somehow manages 20 to 25 minutes per night.... hmmmm....