The future looks bright Jets fans ...

IC Khari

Bye-foog-lie-in is a force. That cannot be denied. The equation becomes whether the value is there over a long period of time. In other words, is his value worth more than say, 3 years? Or can we get more value in a trade, because he is worth something now? It makes sense to keep him one more year, but that doesn't factor in with his contract...unless it works at the trade deadline. But that's also risky.

I'm not really convinced that Byfuglien and Ladd would be considered on the same level of worth. After hearing Maurice talk about Ladd - he's not going anywhere. I missed the convo on #33, so I'm not sure of him.

I'd consider moving buff if one of him myers or trouba can't play the left but not until then. The only real reason to move buff is age, the position he plays has 2 younger guys and my guess is you would get considerable assets that may improve the team elsewhere. Then again maybe buff don't care or wants 5 6 million a year.

I'm assuming the friend that taught gbill about goaltending is also shaping his opinion on Buff.

The Byfuglien and Pavelec opinions are mine and mine alone. The buddy thing was one goal and it was my opinion and my buddies agreed.

Byfuglien is a sloppy and just terrible player. He's good when he's motivated but that's like 10 games a year if your lucky. I wouldn't go near him as a GM.

Your buds know squat.

Lets look at some of how our Teams been acting in the last 4 years. Have they made many mistakes?

Is there any record of them assessing players wrong? Has their course of draft, develop go off? Do they acknowledge how much leadership is important in the room?

We dont really see the room... And Buff from all accounts adds lots to the room and the younger guys. This may fall into the develop category for our team.

The over all talk from everyone envolved is the room is good.

Long term for Buff is 4 years at 5.5.  And i bet he takes it.

Aside from the Pavelec contract, I love every move Chevy has made. I just hope he makes the right decision with Byfuglien and either trades him at the draft, or trade deadline next season. He's a declining asset...sell high.

Enstrom long term at $5.75 cap hit?

Aside from the Pavelec contract, I love every move Chevy has made. I just hope he makes the right decision with Byfuglien and either trades him at the draft, or trade deadline next season. He's a declining asset...sell high.

Not great but fills our need.. We can bite it now if need be.

Morressey will fill Tobys role. and more.

Depends when.

I see your Toby and raise you a Tlusty.

Setoguchi.  Read em and weep.

Setoguchi.  Read em and weep.

Game over.

I'm assuming the friend that taught gbill about goaltending is also shaping his opinion on Buff.

The Byfuglien and Pavelec opinions are mine and mine alone. The buddy thing was one goal and it was my opinion and my buddies agreed.

Byfuglien is a sloppy and just terrible player. He's good when he's motivated but that's like 10 games a year if your lucky. I wouldn't go near him as a GM.

A lot of teams would pay top dollar for that sloppy and terrible player. I want to be one of those teams.

Just shocked that people think we can be a better team next year with Armia over Frolik/Stafford and Postma over Byfuglien. Speaking of things that don't add up...

Paper is one thing. Practice is another. Its about Chemistry. And it's not minus Buff, plus Postma. if you minus Buff, you add others.

And why can't Armia make the team better? Last summer people would say gee we better resign Jokinen or what, we're gonna go into the season with Lowry as our 3C?? And look how that turned out. Re-sign Ladd. Re-sign one of Stafford or Frolik and you're a better team than most of the season this year.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Scheif-Stafford

Ehlers-Lowry-Armia

Stemp-Copp(Slater)-Thorburn

Sure, that 3rd line looks young. But it has potential to be very fast, exciting, offensive (in a good way). Not to mention, what does trading Buff get you? What does trading Burmi get you?

So we're going to trade Buff and Burmi and get better players back? Or are we going to get draft picks and prospects? the future is nice but I'm not interested in taking a step back now that the team is finally making some progress. It's the difference between GM's and fans. Fans always want the next guy NOW NOW NOW, because they have seen the veterans play and seen their flaws. Guess what? The young guys are going to have flaws too, and they are also going to be working through the inexperience.

The best way to bring up prospects is naturally. Let them be the organizational depth that get a chance when there is an injury. Sure your 3rd line of Ehlers, Lowry, and Armia could be good. But what happens when one gets injured? All your best prospects are already on the roster so now you have to rush guys in or bring in AHL duds. Too young, too fast, is what kills teams. And the Jets are already walking that line.

Burni likely isn't going to get you a better player back because his bolting to KHL hurts his value and any perceived attitude problem does too. That's the only reason I've speculated he might stay here is because Chevy likely won't give him away. It could be another kane scenario where the Jets tell Burmi "sign with us and increase your value and we will try to accommodate your request "

Buff will get you better pieces back. Buff is buff. But on this team he's third on the depth chart behind Myers and Trouba. He will get back players that aren't.

Apparently on the radio the other day, they had a guy who was connected to the Jets on, can't remember the name but apparently Burmi was a worse team mate than Kane was. I don't see Burmi being back...

Burmi probably gets you a 3rd round pick... I could see him being package with another player tho (Buff for example) 

Think it's time to move on from Burmistrov, didn't exactly light up the KHL, attitude issues, not being a good team mate issues, the writing is on the wall for Burmistrov. 

Just shocked that people think we can be a better team next year with Armia over Frolik/Stafford and Postma over Byfuglien. Speaking of things that don't add up...

Paper is one thing. Practice is another. Its about Chemistry. And it's not minus Buff, plus Postma. if you minus Buff, you add others.

And why can't Armia make the team better? Last summer people would say gee we better resign Jokinen or what, we're gonna go into the season with Lowry as our 3C?? And look how that turned out. Re-sign Ladd. Re-sign one of Stafford or Frolik and you're a better team than most of the season this year.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Scheif-Stafford

Ehlers-Lowry-Armia

Stemp-Copp(Slater)-Thorburn

Sure, that 3rd line looks young. But it has potential to be very fast, exciting, offensive (in a good way). Not to mention, what does trading Buff get you? What does trading Burmi get you?

So we're going to trade Buff and Burmi and get better players back? Or are we going to get draft picks and prospects? the future is nice but I'm not interested in taking a step back now that the team is finally making some progress. It's the difference between GM's and fans. Fans always want the next guy NOW NOW NOW, because they have seen the veterans play and seen their flaws. Guess what? The young guys are going to have flaws too, and they are also going to be working through the inexperience.

The best way to bring up prospects is naturally. Let them be the organizational depth that get a chance when there is an injury. Sure your 3rd line of Ehlers, Lowry, and Armia could be good. But what happens when one gets injured? All your best prospects are already on the roster so now you have to rush guys in or bring in AHL duds. Too young, too fast, is what kills teams. And the Jets are already walking that line.

Burni likely isn't going to get you a better player back because his bolting to KHL hurts his value and any perceived attitude problem does too. That's the only reason I've speculated he might stay here is because Chevy likely won't give him away. It could be another kane scenario where the Jets tell Burmi "sign with us and increase your value and we will try to accommodate your request "

Buff will get you better pieces back. Buff is buff. But on this team he's third on the depth chart behind Myers and Trouba. He will get back players that aren't.

Totally disagree with this.

He's not behind these players in terms of skill, leadership, durability, productivity and team playing.

I think for some people, they won't really understand what he brings to this team until he's gone and all of sudden understand the huge gap we now have. Buff's pro's greatly outweigh his cons.

One more season on the Buff train then he's gone at the trade deadline ...

That's one thought but honestly I think that's a mistake. What if the jets are in a fierce battle for a playoff spot? They keep Buff and lose him for nothing? Losing him for nothing would be a massive mistake. It would be the Frolik distraction times 100. Must trade him this summer.

What part of Chevy saying he wants Buff on the team for years to come gives any indication that Buff is even close to being on the trading block?

This is certainly true.  But Chevy (and all of True North) are fairly well versed in the generic comment and saying the right thing.  I doubt you;d hear Chevy say "Buff is certainly available for the right offer".  There is always a lot of reading between the lines when it comes to True North though it can be done.  Chevy made comments in the past about being close to a deal at last years draft (or Free Agent day, I cant recall) that required ownership input.

The issue is, does Chevy want him?  Surely he does.  When Buff's agents asks for $6.5 million per year for seven years, how much does Chevy want him?

Guys need raises.  If you look at everyone under contract right now, pick one of the top guys to be gone because its unlikely they all end up here over the next 5 years.

One more season on the Buff train then he's gone at the trade deadline ...

That's one thought but honestly I think that's a mistake. What if the jets are in a fierce battle for a playoff spot? They keep Buff and lose him for nothing? Losing him for nothing would be a massive mistake. It would be the Frolik distraction times 100. Must trade him this summer.

Was there a "Frolik Distraction"?