Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Except that this movie about the Great Wall is a fantasy movie and the main character isn't supposed to be Chinese.  They're some kind of mercenary types.  What's really sad is, if this was to be depicted during the time and these white mercenaries came from somewhere, you'd think they'd have an English accent instead of a North American one.

Someone brought up a good point in a post I read.  These companies want to make money, so they need to put an actor\actress into the part who will bring in the most amount of money for them.  If you made an Asian the main character, you won't bring in as much money as you would with Matt Damon.  Even if Jackie Chan were younger and they used him, Matt would still be the better choice because of acting ability and draw.  Until more actors from other cultures start becoming bigger draws, it will continue to be this way.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This was kinda done with Keanu if you remember and it bombed.

It's about China though. It'll make a ton there. Never heard of The Mermaid but it maid 500m in China this year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/yearly/

Directed by Stephen Chow of Kung Fu Hustle and Shoalin Soccer fame....  those are some really fun movies to watch,

On ‎2016‎/‎05‎/‎10 at 5:08 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm a  little bit behind on watching movies ...  I finally watched X-Men Apocalypse and had to say this review is way to harsh on the movie.   While I didn't like it as much as DOFP  it still was much better then The Last Stand and most other comic book movies.  

The only actor/actress who phoned it in was Jennifer Lawrence and the only gripes I had was that the movie ran a bit long and they could of cut out some of the extra characters that cluttered the movie.   

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎11 at 10:52 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

lol yup....  tho, wasn't there supposed to be a live action Voltron? how the hell did Power Rangers come out faster

As if we needed more proof that Hollywood is where creativity goes to die, we get a Power Rangers movie and word that Dicaprio is working on a Captain Planet movie?  I was hoping it was a joke.....but I forgot that Leo IS the joke.

Edited by basslicker

14 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Looks like a decent monster movie.  Impressive cast.  This will then lead into a Kong vs Godzilla movie in 2020 apparently.

He just wants to be left alone.

Suspect that when I watch this i'll be looking at Brie Larson as much as the monkey.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 3 weeks later...