Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well based on Milla Jovovich's movie history... you have at  least a 66% chance of her ending up fully naked in a random scene.   At least that's something?

I watched part of one of the Resident Evil films and was intrigued by the destruction of Las Vegas.  So I bought the series but havent watched it yet.  But Milla is an old favourite dating back to the Blue Lagoon days (and probably her first nudity).  So yes, I agree.  Bet on skin.

20 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Im not a big fan of Logan jr. Or at least give the kid different powers. It kind of defeats the whole premise of the mutant gene is hereditary, but the powers are never duplicate

Have you read marvel comics before?  Most mutant kids do have some inherent abilities of the parents.  Cable, Legion, Franklin Richards, Rachel Summers, Daken (Wolverine's son), Polaris (Magneto's daughter), all have similar abilities to their parents.  I'm not sure where you're getting that the powers are never duplicated.

Also, this isn't Logan's kid.  X-23 is a clone of Logan, hence why her powers are the exact same, except she has 2 claws instead of 3.  Not sure if they'll follow the comic book story where she has the third claw in her foot.

Edited by Logan007

9 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Have you read marvel comics before?  Most mutant kids do have some inherent abilities of the parents.  Cable, Legion, Franklin Richards, Rachel Summers, Daken (Wolverine's son), Polaris (Magneto's daughter), all have similar abilities to their parents.  I'm not sure where you're getting that the powers are never duplicated.

Also, this isn't Logan's kid.  X-23 is a clone of Logan, hence why her powers are the exact same, except she has 2 claws instead of 3.  Not sure if they'll follow the comic book story where she has the third claw in her foot.

I dont consider the fantastic four mutants (same with spiderman) their abilities were the result of cosmic radiation which gave them their powers, not genes, so i guess Reed and Susan had cosmic sperm/eggs.

there are some instances i suppose that have some parental traits - nightcrawler for example is the son of Azazel (red devil guy who can teleport in xmen first class) and mystique so he ended up a blue deviled teleporter, but those are very few exemptions to the rules.

in anycase, I didnt factor in another weapon X but in the end it still doesnt thrill me to see a kid wolverine, especially in an "R" rated movie

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dont consider the fantastic four mutants (same with spiderman) their abilities were the result of cosmic radiation which gave them their powers, not genes, so i guess Reed and Susan had cosmic sperm/eggs.

there are some instances i suppose that have some parental traits - nightcrawler for example is the son of Azazel (red devil guy who can teleport in xmen first class) and mystique so he ended up a blue deviled teleporter, but those are very few exemptions to the rules.

in anycase, I didnt factor in another weapon X but in the end it still doesnt thrill me to see a kid wolverine, especially in an "R" rated movie

Ok, but even if you remove F4, it's fairly well known that in the Marvel universe children are born with some (if not all) inherent abilities of one of their parents.  It doesn't always happen, but most of the times it does.  You can read about it here http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_Biology

Cable: Telepathy and telekinesis like his mom Jean (technically her clone Madelyne).  His powers are just reduced because of the techno organic virus he has.

Legion: Son of Professor X.  One of his powers is telepathy like his dad.

Rachel Summers: Has Telepathy and telekinesis just like her mom Jean.  Can also wield the Phoenix Force like Jean did\does.

Daken: Son of Wolverine and has duplicate powers.

Polaris: Daughter of Magneto and has duplicate powers.

Nightcrawler (as you pointed out): Son of Azazel, similar demonic appearance and ability to teleport.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver: Thought to be Magneto's kids, but are not (mind you, this was a retcon...probably because of the MCU).  Both Inhumans now.

/nerdness off

Edited by Logan007

6 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Ok, but even if you remove F4, it's fairly well known that in the Marvel universe children are born with some (if not all) inherent abilities of one of their parents.  It doesn't always happen, but most of the times it does.  You can read about it here http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_Biology

Cable: Telepathy and telekinesis like his mom Jean (technically her clone Madelyne).  His powers are just reduced because of the techno organic virus he has.

Legion: Son of Professor X.  One of his powers is telepathy like his dad.

Rachel Summers: Has Telepathy and telekinesis just like her mom Jean.  Can also wield the Phoenix Force like Jean did\does.

Daken: Son of Wolverine and has duplicate powers.

Polaris: Daughter of Magneto and has duplicate powers.

Nightcrawler (as you pointed out): Son of Azazel, similar demonic appearance and ability to teleport.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver: Thought to be Magneto's kids, but are not (mind you, this was a retcon...probably because of the MCU).  Both Inhumans now.

/nerdness off

cable was border line engineered but yeah. Hulks sons, franklin richards etc. But it wouldnt be very interesting if they had normal kids. Thats why even step brothers like cain marko (juggernaut), friends (james rhodes-war machine) spider-gwen, black cat, amadeus cho, etc. if you spend any significant time around a super hero/villain, or are related to one you will at some point have a super power. Mutants are an easy way to explain that away (as well as inhuman-terrigen mist exposure) but really its just hard to tell a story about a super human whose aliases enemies, frenemies, antagonists are human.

That was my immediate thought.  The twist could be, just as Kylo/Snoke are not Sith, that Rey never becomes a Jedi..perhaps Luke realizes that as long as Jedi exist, Sith will come back.  No Jedi, no Sith.  Or something.  Or, its just because the plot of the film is all about trying to kill Luke and eliminate "the last Jedi".  Ends with Snoke declaring the last jedi is now gone.  Rey replies, "no she isnt..." and IX is the rise of the new jedi.