Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That was my immediate thought.  The twist could be, just as Kylo/Snoke are not Sith, that Rey never becomes a Jedi..perhaps Luke realizes that as long as Jedi exist, Sith will come back.  No Jedi, no Sith.  Or something.  Or, its just because the plot of the film is all about trying to kill Luke and eliminate "the last Jedi".  Ends with Snoke declaring the last jedi is now gone.  Rey replies, "no she isnt..." and IX is the rise of the new jedi. 

Or just that Luke is last Jedi, until a new generation is trained.

i feel like the way these trilogies work is the titles basically rotate between good and bad titles like Phantom Menace (bad) The Clone Wars (good i guess) Revenge of the Sith (Bad) a new hope (Good) the empire strikes back (bad) return of the jedi (Good)  in this newest one The Force awakens (Good).. so the last jedi is it supposed to bad?  I like the title but that sounds like an endgame title to me more fitting for IX, VIII should be like the darkside unleashed and focused around kylo/snoke

"Jedi" can also be plural though this title would seem more appropriate as the singular.  The red font would indicate "dark side" also, perhaps hinting at a darker tone.  The director has said this was a "Luke story" and this would hint at that too.  Plus, LucasFilms referred to it as the "Skywalker Saga" so they are making that point (and perhaps hinting at Rey's paternity). 

Looking forward to a full on Luke Skywalker film.  I want to see bad ass Luke who has spent 30  years honing his Force powers. 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

The fact that the Star Wars text is in red makes me think that the dark side is going to win out in this movie.   Luke will teach Rey to be a Jedi then die just like Yoda did in Empire after teaching Luke.  Though I would expect Luke to die at the hands of Snoke rather than from old age.

I wonder if, assuming that is true, if they'd reconsider now that Carrie has died.  Then again, even dead, surely "Luke" would appear in IX anyway.

18 hours ago, Rich said:

The fact that the Star Wars text is in red makes me think that the dark side is going to win out in this movie.   Luke will teach Rey to be a Jedi then die just like Yoda did in Empire after teaching Luke.  Though I would expect Luke to die at the hands of Snoke rather than from old age.

Yoda didn't die in Empire...just saying.  :)

I like the title.  The Last Jedi could have so many possibilities as some have already mentioned. 

- It could be called The Last Jedi because the movie is mostly about Luke.  Perhaps even to the point that in this movie Rey doesn't want to be trained as a Jedi (look how she was saying no to the saber in TFA).  Or that perhaps Luke, because of what happened with Kylo, doesn't want to train any more Jedi, so he's refusing to train Rey.

- They could be saying, at this moment, Luke is the last Jedi, but more will be trained later.

- It could be that it's plural and that Luke and Rey are the last Jedi.

- Perhaps Luke dies and Rey becomes the last Jedi (I really don't think or hope it's this one)

- Maybe Luke is the last Jedi and is going to create a new order of force users.  I doubt it as people would lose it if they killed off the Jedi.

- I've read some people think that the red in the title means that Rey will fall to the dark side.  But it's more likely just that the dark side will come out winning in this movie.
- One thing to note is that they said that this is the "Skywalker saga".  And they are planning on continuing on after episode 9.  So either Ben switches back to the light, Rey is a Skywalker, or Ben has a kid that we don't know about (I mean he's 30...why not).  Maybe Rey and Finn are twins and both of Luke's kids.  :D

I don't think Luke will die in 8.  I actually don't even think they'll kill him off in 9, just because Carrie passed and he is now the last of the 3.  It just seems like a cop out to cleanly kill all your three main hero's from the original.  Let Luke pass like Yoda in a movie in the future.

My guess about the title though, is the first one I mentioned.  They've mentioned that Luke is the last Jedi in both RotJ (the last of the Jedi shall you be, pass on what you have learned) and TFA.  I think the movie just means it revolves around him.  Yoda told him to pass on what he's learned, so he will probably, once again, try training a new group of Jedi.  Maybe Poe or Finn are force sensitive and they will also join in the training eventually in 9 or something.  Maybe he trains no one in 8 because he refuses and at the end of the movie, because of how bad the dark side is getting, he turns to Rey and others and states "I think it's time to begin your training".

Or you know....GIVE ME THE DAMN TRAILER AND MOVIE NOW DAMNIT!!!!!!!1111ONE!!!!

Edited by Logan007

The opening crawl of TFA refers to Luke as "The Last Jedi" just as Yoda did, so we can assume its about Luke.  Probably the plot has to do with Snoke's attempts to kill Luke.  As the last of his kind, he's valuable.

There is a "script" floating around that is absolutely dreadful but did contain "The Last Jedi" as the title.  Let's hope its fake.  It does have Rey falling...her and Kylo swap places in essence.  And Snoke is a Donald Trump-like business man. lol  Can't be true.

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The opening crawl of TFA refers to Luke as "The Last Jedi" just as Yoda did, so we can assume its about Luke.  Probably the plot has to do with Snoke's attempts to kill Luke.  As the last of his kind, he's valuable.

There is a "script" floating around that is absolutely dreadful but did contain "The Last Jedi" as the title.  Let's hope its fake.  It does have Rey falling...her and Kylo swap places in essence.  And Snoke is a Donald Trump-like business man. lol  Can't be true.

Totally agree with you on this.

Do you have a link to the script leak?  It sounds meh.  Although I would agree Snoke would have to be a business man (of some sorts) considering he's probably the one funding the First Order.

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

Totally agree with you on this.

Do you have a link to the script leak?  It sounds meh.  Although I would agree Snoke would have to be a business man (of some sorts) considering he's probably the one funding the First Order.

Ill have to look for the actual PDF but here's a summary.  Has some interesting ideas but the PDF had spelling errors and some bad plot points so its assumed to be a fake but hasnt been officially debunked.  Some think it is real but is an early draft (so a lot would have changed).

Ill put the link in spoiler eyeball because it seems to post the whole story here:

Spoiler

how can people interpret the title as anything other than being a reference to Luke? He is clearly the last Jedi, doesn't mean there's going to be no more ever, just that at this point in the story he's the last one. You spend the entirety of The Force Awakens looking for Luke and then he gets his 15 seconds of screen time at the end as the conclusion to the film, yeah it's about him in the next episode. 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

how can people interpret the title as anything other than being a reference to Luke? He is clearly the last Jedi, doesn't mean there's going to be no more ever, just that at this point in the story he's the last one. You spend the entirety of The Force Awakens looking for Luke and then he gets his 15 seconds of screen time at the end as the conclusion to the film, yeah it's about him in the next episode. 

Yeah, its weird, trying to find hidden meaning.  The originals had no hidden meanings, even if people try to interpret Return of the Jedi as being about Anakin's redemption rather then Luke's ascension.  But I guess since the Prequels, people have been trying to argue that the titles mean more than the obvious. 

The Last Jedi is clearly Luke but it doesnt preclude a double meaning if Luke dies and Rey becomes a last Jedi

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ill have to look for the actual PDF but here's a summary.  Has some interesting ideas but the PDF had spelling errors and some bad plot points so its assumed to be a fake but hasnt been officially debunked.  Some think it is real but is an early draft (so a lot would have changed).

Ill put the link in spoiler eyeball because it seems to post the whole story here:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok, yeah I found that on Reddit.  That one was debunked.  One of the main plot points is that Rey was put on Jakku AFTER Kylo killed all the Jedi Luke was training.  Except that it doesn't line up now that Bloodlines came out.  Bloodlines confirms that Ben only turned to Kylo less then 6 years before TFA, which would mean Rey would have been 14 when she was dropped off on Jakku, when clearly she was 5-7 years old.

Some of these rumors they put out there are so dumb.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, its weird, trying to find hidden meaning.  The originals had no hidden meanings, even if people try to interpret Return of the Jedi as being about Anakin's redemption rather then Luke's ascension.  But I guess since the Prequels, people have been trying to argue that the titles mean more than the obvious. 

The Last Jedi is clearly Luke but it doesnt preclude a double meaning if Luke dies and Rey becomes a last Jedi

I think someone put it best when they said that Star Wars fans like to look for hidden meaning in EVERYTHING to try and find out any morsel of clues.  Sometimes an apple is just an apple.

I don't think they'd kill off Luke, at least not until episode 9.  And even then I hope they don't do it.  I hope Luke lives on to be a Yoda type figure.

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

I think someone put it best when they said that Star Wars fans like to look for hidden meaning in EVERYTHING to try and find out any morsel of clues.  Sometimes an apple is just an apple.

I don't think they'd kill off Luke, at least not until episode 9.  And even then I hope they don't do it.  I hope Luke lives on to be a Yoda type figure.

I agree.  My buddy is convinced Luke will die, to become the Obi Wan of this trilogy.  But I think the right call is a happy ending where Luke lives through the trilogy.  Ultimately it IS the Skywalker Saga and I think, Prequel's be damned, the story isnt Anakin's (as Lucas sort of retconned) but Luke's.  Luke's past (through his parents), present (Originals) and future (Sequels and likely Rey).

47 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So apparently M. Night Shyamalan's movie Split - #1 at box office - is in fact...

Reveal hidden contents

set in the same universe as Unbreakable and sets up to a sequel with Bruce Willis's character from that one.

I read that spoiler out of curiosity and was surprised because I don't think it would be very accessible to most movie goers today. But the film is doing well. 

I'm not a Shy fan anymore. His writing is amateurish in my mind. But I'll see Split on DVD. 

On 25/01/2017 at 0:07 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So apparently M. Night Shyamalan's movie Split - #1 at box office - is in fact...

Reveal hidden contents

set in the same universe as Unbreakable and sets up to a sequel with Bruce Willis's character from that one.

just rewatched the movie in your hidden content,   still sucks ass.   but i guess ill have to watch split just cuz....

the previews for it (split) didnt excite me though,   every time i see a movie with multiple personalities i always figure its gonna be another Identity movie with John Cusack

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

ok just watched split,  it wasnt that bad, but man M. night shyamalan really needs to work on his craft.  just like every one of his movies once you know or see the big end pay off, you'll likely never watch the movie again.  this is no exception

Ive long said Night isnt a very good writer.  He's like an interesting high school level writer.  The Sixth Sense was good but it was his life's work that he was crafting for years and years and years.  One trick pony.  Some of his films have interesting ideas that would probably be good if a better writer re-wrote them.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive long said Night isnt a very good writer.  He's like an interesting high school level writer.  The Sixth Sense was good but it was his life's work that he was crafting for years and years and years.  One trick pony.  Some of his films have interesting ideas that would probably be good if a better writer re-wrote them.

he could definitely use some additional writers working on the body of his films. He does have some good ideas and decent ending,  its just the rest of the movie that usually becomes dull and dragging,  hence why you wouldn't watch it multiple times.

I will say though James McAvoy does a pretty good acting job at times throughout the film juggling between various personalities

Interesting in looking at James McAvoy's imdb page there is apparently going to be a new Xmen movie called X-Men: The New Mutants (with him rumored to return as xavier).

the story of it is pretty bleak so far but about a team of mutants who are his first graduated from his school.   There is however a comic of new mutants;

Newmutants10383.jpg

but the cast was rather lacking;  they had Cable, Magneto and Prof. X as trainers a whole lot of B-lister mutants;  ones of note however are;

Feral and warlock who are both main stays with X-Factor I believe

Feral01.jpg        Technarchy.jpg