Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Hmm I think that dude looks more like what poseidon is portrayed as then aquaman, I guess same could be said for the little mermaids dad lol

The biggest thing is the lack of the traditional orange & green color (at least in the pictures they've released so far) but if you look at the different variations of Aquaman, you can see that they've taken bits & pieces of a few outfits and put them together.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_500,w_1199/t_mp_quality/in-depth-analysis-of-aquaman-s-costume-reveals-interesting-details-6f09da9b-7397-4d30-bdd6-0dc511c197d7-jpeg-270437.jpg

AKA Khal Drogo or new Conan (but I'm still trying to forget that movie...)

Here's a link to what he'll look like as Aquaman.

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1431042/aquaman.jpg?w=650

I legitimately don't know what to think of him... He was great as Drogo but beyond horrible in Conan... I'm hoping that the Conan movie was just a giant bag of **** all around and no one could have saved it and he's actually a decent actor. His Khal Drogo was one of the highlights of that season. 

This is really interesting because he's not the only one involved in making that mess who has admitted this.  Some of the actors have too (including Simon Pegg who wrote the new Trek movie) and another of the producers/writers of STID (cant remember if it was Kurtzman or Lindeloff).

There is a Trek forum I visit where Bob Orci (writer of Star Trek 09 and STID and was to write and direct the next one until his two stories were rejected and he was dismissed) frequents ever since the first "reboot".  He reacted very negatively and unprofessionally to fans when STID came out and was widely panned.  Recently, fans on the forum have asked him to respond to the film maker criticism and he's quite evasive.  He's really a jerk actually.

Simon Pegg also commented about the new trailer and expressed disappointment with what the "marketing" people released, feeling it sends the wrong message that its a mindless action film with no heart, message or character.  He says that is not the case.  Such a disconnect between the studio and the creative people.  Really a shame what Star Trek has been subjected to.

While still a cash cow, Lucas had driven Star Wars off the cliff creatively and you see how quickly Disney and Kathleen Kennedy righted the ship and created a grand vision for the franchise in a really short period of time since the buy out.  Star Trek needs that.  Desperately.  Star Trek, more than Star Wars in my opinion, is tailor made for the "Cinematic Universe" treatment.  It just needs the right people and the right vision.  its always treated as the ugly step sister of franchises where those involved feel they have to change it or qualify their involvement (ie. yeah its Trek but a new Trek).

Such a shame.  The CBS/Paramount conflict is the biggest reason.  Idiot studio execs that dont understand Trek and want it to be Wars is another.  And JJ Abrams wasnt a great addition because he admitted to growing up as a Star Wars fan who didnt like or get Trek.  And the one self-professed Trek expert/lover on the team, Orci, didnt understand Trek either.  It was a mess.

Orci and his trek 3 partners do have a writing credit in Beyond but Pegg has said the studio refused to let them see the rejected scripts. So it's likely due to WGA rules. It might change. There are also rules when a producer is also a writer and Orci is a producer (possibly in name only)

@17 I described Orci that exact same way. To him in fact, on a Trek forum. He responded by bragging about the size of his bank account.

@17 I described Orci that exact same way. To him in fact, on a Trek forum. He responded by bragging about the size of his bank account.

The simple answer to that is, the Twilight movies made a crap load of money and they're steaming piles of ****. People will pay lots of money to see shitty movies for some reason. Good for him that he's cashed in on people's stupidity, but he's still a hack of a writer. 

According to the site DC Comics Movie, we can expect "Batman v Superman" to be quite the hefty film indeed. Pre-orders are apparently up for Germany, and the country lists the runtime for the film as 151 minutes, which translates to two hours and 31 minutes. Read more at: https://tr.im/6Hz7b

The latest trailer is a dog.  And played poorly before Star Wars on Friday.  Really squeezed the excitement I had for Batman V Superman.  Just an awful trailer.  I almost thought it was George Clooney in the cowl with the "Is she with you" line... ugh

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:
According to the site DC Comics Movie, we can expect "Batman v Superman" to be quite the hefty film indeed. Pre-orders are apparently up for Germany, and the country lists the runtime for the film as 151 minutes, which translates to two hours and 31 minutes. Read more at: https://tr.im/6Hz7b

The latest trailer is a dog.  And played poorly before Star Wars on Friday.  Really squeezed the excitement I had for Batman V Superman.  Just an awful trailer.  I almost thought it was George Clooney in the cowl with the "Is she with you" line... ugh

For me, I was already turn off of this movie, and the new trailer killed it for me. Not excited at all. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah they showed too much at the end.

For sure.  They sort of kill the "versus" angle when they show them as wise-cracking buddies.  None of the dialogue did it for me.  The scene that was supposed to be "epic" when Bruce meets Clark was such awful dialogue ruined by an obnoxious Luther.  The worst thing was the "is she with you" joke.  Moronic.

On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎21 at 11:35 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

For sure.  They sort of kill the "versus" angle when they show them as wise-cracking buddies.  None of the dialogue did it for me.  The scene that was supposed to be "epic" when Bruce meets Clark was such awful dialogue ruined by an obnoxious Luther.  The worst thing was the "is she with you" joke.  Moronic.

That's the moment it died for me.  "This is a guy you DON'T want to fight'  ha...ha.............ha..........................ha..*sigh*........lame

I also very much dislike Eisenberg.  Seems to play the same role in all films, just different degrees of volume.  Appears the volume is turned way up in this one.

I wont hate it til I see it.  I want to love it.  I love DC.  But for me, Lex has to be someone with gravitas because he's an enemy combating the most powerful being in the world.  One must believe that he can be a formidable foe.  Gene Hackman brought that to his role.  And he brought a level of talent and power to the Superman films.

Who is the person in this new film that will have gravitas?  So far I guess Affleck is the best actor of the leads and he's no Gene Hackman.