Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

So Top Gun 2 continues to inch towards reality.  Val Kilmer confirmed he has been asked to reprise his role from the original.  I hope he gets in shape for it!

Rumour floating around that Hayden Christianson is set to reprise his role as Anakin/Vader in Star Wars VIII.  I'd file this one under "dubious" and hope that if a "Force Ghost Anakin" is needed that Disney scrubs Hayden from the end of Return of the Jedi and in future use goes with an actor to play the older Anakin.  Although I would br surprised if we dont get some Force Ghosts in the new trilogy.  There are rumours that Yoda will appear and Im banking on a cameo from a made up Ewen MacGregor too, so Anakin is possible (perhaps even Palpatine).

Rumour could be confusing two films.  The "prequel" films about the chase for the Death Star Plans that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope allegedly has Darth Vader as a character.  I'd be surprised if they used Hayden though as there would be little point if he's in the suit the whole movie.  Get someone more physically imposing.

So I finally watched Goldfinger on the weekend. It was neat to see, but man old movies are just so awful. And the action sequences comical.

well the greatest car chase I've seen was in The French Connection.... that's an old movie.

best fight...... first (I think) Jason Bourne movie, fight in the glass and steel ultar modern apartment with the German assassin. my word that was well done. I think Jason did him in with the phone cord.

There's a bar fight in "Treasure of the sierra madre" that was really good. That's fairly old.

So I finally watched Goldfinger on the weekend. It was neat to see, but man old movies are just so awful. And the action sequences comical.

action movies especially have evolved because of all sorts of new ways to film action scenes, not the least of which is CGI. Gotta appreciate old movies for what is there.

well the greatest car chase I've seen was in The French Connection.... that's an old movie.

best fight...... first (I think) Jason Bourne movie, fight in the glass and steel ultar modern apartment with the German assassin. my word that was well done. I think Jason did him in with the phone cord.

There's a bar fight in "Treasure of the sierra madre" that was really good. That's fairly old.

Classic car chase:

Treasure of the Sierra Madre - classic movie - watched it many times. That movie has contributed a lot to pop culture, including giving us the famous line (said with a Mexican/Spanish accent) "Badges? Badges? We don't neeeeed no stinkin' badges!"

New Star Wars spot that is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n9GiZhqsyU&feature=youtu.be

I have a theory that is surely not a spoiler since it unlikely.  But the one character Im curious about is Supreme Leader Snoke, played with motion capture/CGI by Andy Serkis.

There was a concept drawing "leaked" a little while ago showing him as a small-ish snake-looking character which seemed ludicrous to me (he's a snake so his name is snoke?).  So I looked around the internet and awhile back there were set leaks that indicated he was actually a "very old, decrepit, almost zombie-like" character.  There were also rumors that Palpatine would appear in some fashion but, unless its a secret cameo, Ian McDiarmid is not in the movie.

Now a secret cameo is possible as I suspect we will see Yoda and I hold out hope for Ewan MacGregor, along with rumors of Hayden Christiansen).  But what if Snoke is Palpatine?

New Star Wars spot that is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n9GiZhqsyU&feature=youtu.be

I have a theory that is surely not a spoiler since it unlikely.  But the one character Im curious about is Supreme Leader Snoke, played with motion capture/CGI by Andy Serkis.

There was a concept drawing "leaked" a little while ago showing him as a small-ish snake-looking character which seemed ludicrous to me (he's a snake so his name is snoke?).  So I looked around the internet and awhile back there were set leaks that indicated he was actually a "very old, decrepit, almost zombie-like" character.  There were also rumors that Palpatine would appear in some fashion but, unless its a secret cameo, Ian McDiarmid is not in the movie.

Now a secret cameo is possible as I suspect we will see Yoda and I hold out hope for Ewan MacGregor, along with rumors of Hayden Christiansen).  But what if Snoke is Palpatine?

I don't think they'll rehash Palpatine.  I also hope they leave out Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin, even if it's in spirit form, at least for now.

What I've heard is Snoke will actually be Palpatine's master Plagueis.  The one who knew how to prevent death.  I know Palpatine said he killed him, but perhaps he was able to fool him somehow and has finally revived himself.  I don't know.  Or maybe it's just a new character all together.

I saw that picture of the snake dude and that just looks ridiculous.  I sure hope that concept art was scrapped.

New Zoolander 2 trailer is out....shocked that it looks REALLY funny. First one is awesome, but I really thought, after this much time, the sequel would be awful....

I liked the first Zoolander, but I don't get all the hype for this one.  I found the trailer really boring.  I was actually surprised at what kind of response it got.  There's was a couple of chuckle moments but that was about it.  I also hate Kristen Wiig.  I didn't even realize it was her in the movie until the very end and all I could think of was, whoever this is is stupid.  I like Will Ferrell but I find him getting less and less funny.  I don't know if he's just trying too hard...or maybe not hard enough.  I also like Ben and Owen.  Ah well, it's just a trailer.  I'm sure I'll watch it on Netflix or something when it comes out.

And as much as I liked the fact that someone killed Justin Beiber in the movie... #whoeverkilledhimismyhero ...the mere fact that he's in this movie ruins it for me.

Snip from CNN story about George Lucas (sad that someone could be so out of touch about his own creation! Lol)

"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized," Lucas told Vanity Fair. "People try to make decisions about what you're going to do before you do it. It's not much fun. You can't experiment. You have to do it a certain way."

He expanded on his remarks to CBS News.

"The issue was ultimately, they looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,' " Lucas said, presumably referring to Disney, which purchased Lucasfilm -- including the "Star Wars" franchise -- in 2012. "People don't actually realize it's actually a soap opera, and it's all about family problems; it's not about spaceships. So they decided they didn't want to use those stories. They decided they were going to do their own thing, so I decided, 'fine. ... I'll go my way, and I let them go their way.' "

Lucas had little involvement in the forthcoming film, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

Snip from CNN story about George Lucas (sad that someone could be so out of touch about his own creation! Lol)

"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized," Lucas told Vanity Fair. "People try to make decisions about what you're going to do before you do it. It's not much fun. You can't experiment. You have to do it a certain way."

He expanded on his remarks to CBS News.

"The issue was ultimately, they looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,' " Lucas said, presumably referring to Disney, which purchased Lucasfilm -- including the "Star Wars" franchise -- in 2012. "People don't actually realize it's actually a soap opera, and it's all about family problems; it's not about spaceships. So they decided they didn't want to use those stories. They decided they were going to do their own thing, so I decided, 'fine. ... I'll go my way, and I let them go their way.' "

Lucas had little involvement in the forthcoming film, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

The thing is on the first Star Wars movies George Lucas wasn't a guy who had carte blanche, he was told no and had a lot of outside input for Star Wars, I don't believe he directed Empire or Jedi either... but by the time the prequels came around Star Wars was this huge thing and George Lucas was above reproach and no one stopped him and said "I dunno about that George..." and the results were the prequel movies. Guy to me seems like a big idea person but in terms of crafting a quality movie not so much.