Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

I find it funny when he says stuff like "it's not about spaceships" when his movie is called STAR WARS and all 6 of the movies he made have tons of space battles.  Especially the prequels.  Also, Kathleen Kennedy has already said that the main Star Wars episodes (not the anthology movies they're making) are going to be about the Skywalker's.  So that gives you a hint that at least one (probably 2) of the characters are the kids of Luke or Han and Leia.

The thing about the originals vs the prequels is, he surrounded himself by yes men for the prequels.  In the originals he had his then wife editing all 3 films (and apparently she was amazing at editing movies) along with helping him write some of the story.  Also, I believe it's said that she actually got him to rename it Star Wars instead of (I think this is what it was) The Adventures of Luke Starkiller, or something like that.  Also Kasdan wrote 5 and 6, Kirshner and Raquand directed 5 and 6, Gary Kurtz was producer, etc...  He had an amazing team helping him.  In 1, 2, and 3 he did not.  Other then Ben Burtt and John Williams who did great jobs with what they were asked to do.

I have nothing personal against George, he is an FX genius and idea guy, but his writing and directing are just awful.

SW2? You mean the dreadful Attack of the Clones?

I agree about Lucas. I read a great book about the franchise and the word was the originals were a mess until his wife fixed them. And Ofcourse Kasdan made sense of Lucas' terrible dialogue.

I respect that he owns them and feels like they are his to do with as he pleases. But he doesn't seem able to reconcile making wildly popular films for the masses that made him a billionaire and making persona films for himself.

Snip from CNN story about George Lucas (sad that someone could be so out of touch about his own creation! Lol)

"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized," Lucas told Vanity Fair. "People try to make decisions about what you're going to do before you do it. It's not much fun. You can't experiment. You have to do it a certain way."

He expanded on his remarks to CBS News.

"The issue was ultimately, they looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,' " Lucas said, presumably referring to Disney, which purchased Lucasfilm -- including the "Star Wars" franchise -- in 2012. "People don't actually realize it's actually a soap opera, and it's all about family problems; it's not about spaceships. So they decided they didn't want to use those stories. They decided they were going to do their own thing, so I decided, 'fine. ... I'll go my way, and I let them go their way.' "

Lucas had little involvement in the forthcoming film, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

The thing is on the first Star Wars movies George Lucas wasn't a guy who had carte blanche, he was told no and had a lot of outside input for Star Wars, I don't believe he directed Empire or Jedi either... but by the time the prequels came around Star Wars was this huge thing and George Lucas was above reproach and no one stopped him and said "I dunno about that George..." and the results were the prequel movies. Guy to me seems like a big idea person but in terms of crafting a quality movie not so much. 

Irvin Kershner directed Empire. Lucas didn't have much to do with the screenplay (1st draft by Leigh Brackett, finished by Lawrence Kasdan) which explains why the dialogue was so much better. Kasdan also wrote the screenplay for Jedi and it was directed by Richard Marquand. The two best movies of the bunch were ones Lucas didn't direct or write the screenplay. 

So I finally watched Goldfinger on the weekend. It was neat to see, but man old movies are just so awful. And the action sequences comical.

well the greatest car chase I've seen was in The French Connection.... that's an old movie.

best fight...... first (I think) Jason Bourne movie, fight in the glass and steel ultar modern apartment with the German assassin. my word that was well done. I think Jason did him in with the phone cord.

There's a bar fight in "Treasure of the sierra madre" that was really good. That's fairly old.

Classic car chase:

Treasure of the Sierra Madre - classic movie - watched it many times. That movie has contributed a lot to pop culture, including giving us the famous line (said with a Mexican/Spanish accent) "Badges? Badges? We don't neeeeed no stinkin' badges!"

Check this one out:

Trailer appears as if Civil War is going to be everything we hoped it would. Better than Ultron.....

Ultron was bunk.  They are lucky the cast is likeable and has chemistry.  Ultron was basically 2.5 hours of watching the cast pal around.  I think my favourite scene was the party scene in fact. 

Now that Spider-man is back in Marvel, it at least gives them something new to add to the Avengers' story too.

Im looking forward to DC finally getting into the game.  I think both CU's will co-exist peacefully with completely different tones.

So I finally watched Goldfinger on the weekend. It was neat to see, but man old movies are just so awful. And the action sequences comical.

well the greatest car chase I've seen was in The French Connection.... that's an old movie.

best fight...... first (I think) Jason Bourne movie, fight in the glass and steel ultar modern apartment with the German assassin. my word that was well done. I think Jason did him in with the phone cord.

There's a bar fight in "Treasure of the sierra madre" that was really good. That's fairly old.

Watch The Raid 2... all other fight scenes are interpretive dance compared to those fight scenes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fps6xgInJ4

Pretty cool little scene.  Seems a new trailer comes out Wednesday on Kimmel. 

My only concern with this movie (aside from the fact Man of Steel was awful), is that Ben Affleck is so identifiable as Ben Affleck that I worry it might take the viewer out of the film.  I know he can be a great Batman though.  So Im optimistic.

Another movie I'm dying to see is The Revenant.  Love films based on true stories and everything Leo does is fantastic.  Could finally be his well-deserved Academy Award.  Hearing that some advanced screeners were walking out of the theaters due to the gore.  Which is great.  I like having unadulterated images of violence, gore etc.  Make me feel like Im there experiencing the reality of it all.

Anyone see Creed yet?  I like the Rocky series (except V) and this one has great reviews with people saying Stallone deserves a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nom.

Pretty cool little scene.  Seems a new trailer comes out Wednesday on Kimmel. 

My only concern with this movie (aside from the fact Man of Steel was awful), is that Ben Affleck is so identifiable as Ben Affleck that I worry it might take the viewer out of the film.  I know he can be a great Batman though.  So Im optimistic.

Another movie I'm dying to see is The Revenant.  Love films based on true stories and everything Leo does is fantastic.  Could finally be his well-deserved Academy Award.  Hearing that some advanced screeners were walking out of the theaters due to the gore.  Which is great.  I like having unadulterated images of violence, gore etc.  Make me feel like Im there experiencing the reality of it all.

Anyone see Creed yet?  I like the Rocky series (except V) and this one has great reviews with people saying Stallone deserves a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nom.

Creed has been well received. Revenant looks interesting...2 in a row for Alejandro González Iñárritu?