Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Star Wars reviews are all over the place.  I might have accidentally seen a major spoiler in a "headline".  Be forewarned.  Im a spoiler junkie but trying to refrain til I see the movie on Friday.

One thing I've seen a few times from the non-spoilers is, the final shot of the movie is the best final shot of the series.  I have an idea of what it is...very excited.

There is a hint of "not as good as hoped" among some of the reviews.  And since these "reviews" are the promised no-spoiler "first thoughts" from industry people inside the premiere screening, one could speculate the film isnt as good as these reviews make it sound.  But you cant discount the ones that are raving about it.  Probably the most consistent things i've heard are "it feels like Star Wars" and "Daisey Ridley nails it".

Yeah, my company really stepped up on this one. We're seeing it in a super nice theater, I got a +2 to bring some friends along. Just hoping the movie is good!

That is really tremendous.  Are you in Winnipeg??  What theater?  I assume your work just rented the entire theater and lets you bring guests to fill it up?

I took a Vacation day this Friday to go...

Best theater i been in was in Moore, OK at a placed called the Warren Theater. The upstairs balcony serves u booze n food and then there are the directors suites which seat about 40.

Lazyboy seats that can be heated and again with the booze n food. Was $22 for the Directors Suite(see below) and $18 for the Balcony.

5348700b7c261.image.jpg

Food menu - http://www.warrentheatres.com/img/mooreoscars2015.pdf

and the embargo hits MBB! i was reading non spoiler reviews from people who saw it yesterday, was a little disappointed people were not spilling the beans

I told myself I wanted no spoilers then read reviews and was disappointed there were no spoilers. Lol. Apparently they were "banned" from posting full reviews until 12:01 tonight. So we will see spoilers Pop up tomorrow.

Ok, so I'm not reading anything in here until after Friday afternoon when I see this.  I bid you all farewell until then.

It's going to be hard to avoid the spoilers that are going to be all over the place.  3 days left.

http://www.maximumpc.com/chrome-extension-sends-star-wars-spoilers-to-the-dark-side/?utm_content=bufferdc2bb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-maxpc

According to THR, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has now crossed the $100 million mark for North America in pre-sales tickets. That's $100 million before a frame of the finished film has been shown to the general public. Some are even speculating that it may hit $120 million before its release.

For reference, the previous record for the pre-sales was set by 2012's "The Dark Knight" with $25 million. "The Dark Knight" went on to make $158 million on its opening weekend in North America. While I'm not foolish enough to think that "The Force Awakens" is set to make $632 million in North America on its opening weekend (which is four times the amount of "The Dark Knight"),

I'm quite optimistic that it'll break the opening weekend record of $208.8 million, which was set earlier this year by "Jurassic World." When all said and done, I'm expecting a weekend box office haul of $250 million -- ambitious, to be sure, but given that the name is "Star Wars," I think it's an attainable goal. Read more at: https://tr.im/ovw4H