Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

My biggest thing is: The ones taking place on earth are a lot better than the space/other-world stuff. I just can't get into Ermagherdians of the Galaxy and the Thor ones. I mean, I watch 'em.....but I just don't do that much "sci-fi".......

I have a new appreciation for the actors playing the ewoks, at least the red hooded one, his movement and actions were the exact things my 1 and a half year old son was doing today, to a tee. I wonder if that was his inspiration or basis, I know johnny depp said his portrayal of edward scissor hands was based off the actions of a puppy

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

My biggest thing is: The ones taking place on earth are a lot better than the space/other-world stuff. I just can't get into Ermagherdians of the Galaxy and the Thor ones. I mean, I watch 'em.....but I just don't do that much "sci-fi".......

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!!  I knew I was missing one.  Ok so it would go like this:

Winter Soldier, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Captain America, Ant-Man, Thor, Incredible Hulk, etc...

Sorry Noeller, I love Guardians.  :D

New Batman v Superman spot:

This is a lot better than that full trailer that came out a few weeks back.  I think they might have recognized the disappointment with the trailer and are rehabbing expectations a bit.  I like the idea of Superman seeing Batman as a law-breaker, perhaps he sees him as misguided (otherwise, why not just take him in to authorities)...so his ordering him to stop being Batman is interesting.

That new extended clip looked great.  Not sure about the rest of the movie.

Zod might factor in to Bizarro as there's rumor that Bizarro will be in the movie as well.  And maybe Doomsday is created in a different way.  Who knows.

I'm not a big Snyder fan.  I haven't really liked any of his movies.  This one looks like it could have so much potential, but I have this feeling it's going to fall short again for me.  Which is too bad because I really want this movie to succeed.

6 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

That new extended clip looked great.  Not sure about the rest of the movie.

Zod might factor in to Bizarro as there's rumor that Bizarro will be in the movie as well.  And maybe Doomsday is created in a different way.  Who knows.

I'm not a big Snyder fan.  I haven't really liked any of his movies.  This one looks like it could have so much potential, but I have this feeling it's going to fall short again for me.  Which is too bad because I really want this movie to succeed.

Looking at Snyder's filmography, it's sort of hit and miss.

I liked Dawn of the Dead.   I VERY much liked Watchmen.  While I liked aspects of Man of Steel, i thought it was a generally awful edition of Superman and assumed it had mostly killed the franchise again.  Im shocked he was given the keys to the kingdom based on that effort.  Didnt like 300.

Never watched Dawn of the Dead, had no interest.  I saw Watchmen, and although the acting was good I just didn't like the film.  I was bored to tears and looking at my watch the whole time.  Also hated Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians was meh, same with 300.  Man of Steel I wanted to love so much, it's still watchable for me, but he under used all these great actors and some of the plots were just...wtf?  Like Pa Kent letting himself get killed, or telling Clark he shouldn't save anyone (sort of).  Lois being asked to go aboard the ship...umm...why?  It was never explained and then Jor-El helps her and tells her how to defeat them.  And the fight scene was just WAAAAY too long.  Him killing Zod really didn't bother me though.  It was the rest of the film.  I like Superman to be the one who is filled with hope.  I don't mind seeing him battle his demons as a savior as he's growing up, but show us that he's a positive guy.  That's Superman.  The hopeful one.  We don't need another Batman type who's superpowerful.  So yeah, end rant.  I'm glad other people liked it, I'm just not a fan of his.

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

Never watched Dawn of the Dead, had no interest.  I saw Watchmen, and although the acting was good I just didn't like the film.  I was bored to tears and looking at my watch the whole time.  Also hated Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians was meh, same with 300.  Man of Steel I wanted to love so much, it's still watchable for me, but he under used all these great actors and some of the plots were just...wtf?  Like Pa Kent letting himself get killed, or telling Clark he shouldn't save anyone (sort of).  Lois being asked to go aboard the ship...umm...why?  It was never explained and then Jor-El helps her and tells her how to defeat them.  And the fight scene was just WAAAAY too long.  Him killing Zod really didn't bother me though.  It was the rest of the film.  I like Superman to be the one who is filled with hope.  I don't mind seeing him battle his demons as a savior as he's growing up, but show us that he's a positive guy.  That's Superman.  The hopeful one.  We don't need another Batman type who's superpowerful.  So yeah, end rant.  I'm glad other people liked it, I'm just not a fan of his.

When I first saw Watchmen, I didnt get it because I was unfamiliar with the source material.  But upon further review and watching it again, I became hooked.  Its one of my favourite movies and much of that is Snyder's creative vision.  I love the music, action, how it's filmed etc.  Very very good.

Man of Steel, like you I wanted to love it.  I actually saw it immediately after seeing another film in the theatre (which made for a long night) because I wanted to see it so badly and my buddy was indifferent so I made a deal to see a movie he wanted if we also saw MOS the same night.  Anyway...probably 2 minutes into it I turned to my buddy and whispered "uh oh".  The whole Krypton thing made me realise they were way off the mark.

Pa sacrificing himself was idiotic.  Clark could have saved him in such a manner that no one would have seen him "revealed".  Pa didnt even try to save himself.  I mean...it was just stupid.  If it was an attempt to redo the Spiderman/Uncle Ben thing, it failed.  It was too out there.  Not as grounded or emotional or "real" as the Reeves' Superman films using the same characters.

With the Watchmen I think you really have to appreciate the graphic novel to enjoy the movie. I think they really made a mistake in the marketing of that movie making it seem like a superhero action film. It is nothing of the sort and it's long and dry. 300 I did enjoy but that's because it's nothing but simple basic blood and guts and crazy visuals. Safe to say I didn't get Sucker Punch, no idea what the **** that was supposed to be and Man of Steel to me was just crap. Trying to make Superman dark and gritty is just nonsense. He's supposed to be a boy scout and a symbol for hope, if you can't make an interesting movie with that idea then you're not trying hard enough. They managed fine with Captain America who is a similar kind of boy scout hero. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

With the Watchmen I think you really have to appreciate the graphic novel to enjoy the movie. I think they really made a mistake in the marketing of that movie making it seem like a superhero action film. It is nothing of the sort and it's long and dry. 300 I did enjoy but that's because it's nothing but simple basic blood and guts and crazy visuals. Safe to say I didn't get Sucker Punch, no idea what the **** that was supposed to be and Man of Steel to me was just crap. Trying to make Superman dark and gritty is just nonsense. He's supposed to be a boy scout and a symbol for hope, if you can't make an interesting movie with that idea then you're not trying hard enough. They managed fine with Captain America who is a similar kind of boy scout hero. 

Yeah maybe.  I didnt read the graphic novel.  I think when I saw it cold, I found it sort of like a bad parody.  So one day I googled it and read a bit of the background and that made me interested in seeing it again.  Plus, I think seeing it, I knew what it was about so my expectations were adjusted.  That happened when I saw Boogie Nights and hated it...then saw it again, knowing what it was really about and now its one of my favourite films.

I described Watchmen to a friend as "Imagine if the Justice League really existed in our world and everyone knew it and it was no big deal"...and that takes you into the plot of the film.  I really enjoy it now.  And the sound editing is beyond belief. 

Dawn of the dead was just a remake of george a. Romeros movie and didnt stray too much off the original so shouldnt be hard to make it good. I didnt care too much for watchmen tho a couple characters were alright, I just watched 300 again a few nights ago, u guys are nuts, good movie, I liked it better then rise of an empire

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe so.

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Ugh  still gonna go see it but that's disappointing

Trailer seems to indicate that but Snyder said Justice League explores Doomsday so....

The Watchmen is a great movie IMHO. i saw the animated one before TW and basically the same thing.

300 good too. I like MoS. No one like Sucker Punch.

I could live with the Bizarro scenario, but hes not as popular of a villain imo, and fairly on par with superman for a 1 on 1 (wouldn't require the justice league intervention).  I would have probably gone Darkseid, and his evil corrupting humans pitting superman vs batman in a who is their protector/regulator. but it is what it is 

27 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I could live with the Bizarro scenario, but hes not as popular of a villain imo, and fairly on par with superman for a 1 on 1 (wouldn't require the justice league intervention).  I would have probably gone Darkseid, and his evil corrupting humans pitting superman vs batman in a who is their protector/regulator. but it is what it is 

I think they're saving Darkseid for Justice League.  Same way Thanos is going to be in Infinity War.

To this day, I still don't understand why, in the Watchmen movie, Zach Snyder always had to capture Dr. Manhatten from the knees up, instead of the waist up like every other character.  I didn't need to see him dangling in EVERY DAMN SCENE.  Seriously, after the first 10-15 times, I think we get that he's always naked.  You can stop showing his penis now.

That's not the reason I didn't like it though.  Again, acting was done well, just thought it was boring, and maybe not enough "superheroness" in it.  Too much "supposed good guys doing bad things" for some of them.  I dunno.  Nothing clicked for me.

Sucker Punch I understood, but it was just a stupid way of doing it.  That constant back and forth crap, which was also in MOS, is awful to watch.  Plus the movie is just ****.

Edited by Logan007