Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

I was not a big fan of Snow White and the Huntsman, but did it do well with a lot of other people? enough for a spin off The Huntsmen: Winter's War? (april 22). Because I didnt like that Snow White movie I have zero interest in this even if the reviews are good.

I also grew up in the days of TMNT prime, i'd be lying if I said i wont see part 2 with bee bop and rocksteady.  and this;  

tmnt20001.jpg

Also seeing the movie Gambit (X-Men) slated October 7th, 2016 with Channing Tatum as Remy LeBeau/Gambit.

not sure show I really feel about that as i just saw this, but my initial reaction is; I thought Gambit was cool growing up, but never a lead character for his own spotlight, gambling womanizing, turning everything into an explosive.  Channing Tatum doesnt strike me as the right person either. I didnt mind the actor who played him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but ill let this sink in a little more.

They have Doug Liman directing it too who did such movies as The Bourne Identity, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Jumper, Edge Of Tomorrow. 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of Bourne, I'm looking forward to the new one with Damon. I really enjoyed the first three. 

Anyone see the Revenant yet?  I'm trying to convince the gf to to see it tomorrow...

I havent seen it yet, but my dad has, I asked him how it was and while he enjoyed it, he told my mom she probably wouldnt despite her wanting to see it, referring to it as a Canadian Western (fur trader times). Not to say any woman wouldnt like it but thats what im going off.  If she doesnt care for theaters and if you use Kodi/Xbmc theres a good quality version of it on there (DVD quality) if thats a selling point for you

We've actually been running some kicker news stories recently about the Revenant winning at the GGs, 'cause some local cowboys were used as horse wranglers, stunt riders and extras as "mountain men" in it. Shot a lot of it around Canmore and Kananaskis Country...

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I havent seen it yet, but my dad has, I asked him how it was and while he enjoyed it, he told my mom she probably wouldnt despite her wanting to see it, referring to it as a Canadian Western (fur trader times). Not to say any woman wouldnt like it but thats what im going off.  If she doesnt care for theaters and if you use Kodi/Xbmc theres a good quality version of it on there (DVD quality) if thats a selling point for you

I'm a moviephile. The ones that interest me I like to see on the big screen.  And then i have anpretty Good collection of blu Ray 

22 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of Bourne, I'm looking forward to the new one with Damon. I really enjoyed the first three. 

Anyone see the Revenant yet?  I'm trying to convince the gf to to see it tomorrow...

Everyone I've talked to so far have only had good things to say about it.

20 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm a moviephile. The ones that interest me I like to see on the big screen.  And then i have anpretty Good collection of blu Ray 

My issue is the other people in the theatre....they basically ruin a movie-watching experience for me, which is why I prefer a bluray at home. Big screen TV, HD, and no idiots talking or just generally being annoying while I'm trying to pay attention.

Im not so much annoyed by other people as much as i feel restricted to the movie while im there, like if i go to the washroom or the concession i miss parts of the movie, and i dont like that.  though it does piss me off going to a afternoon matinee where theres like 10 ppl in the whole place and someone decides to come sit right in front of you.  that happened last time i was at the theater and while im not going to make a scene i know a wtf escaped my mouth

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Im not so much annoyed by other people as much as i feel restricted to the movie while im there, like if i go to the washroom or the concession i miss parts of the movie, and i dont like that.  though it does piss me off going to a afternoon matinee where theres like 10 ppl in the whole place and someone decides to come sit right in front of you.  that happened last time i was at the theater and while im not going to make a scene i know a wtf escaped my mouth

Yeah but you were right in the dead center...and that's my spot.

I love the theater experience for the most part.  80% of the time it's good, there's just that 20% where there's something that's going to bother you.  The guy who sits beside me who is large and doesn't breath right so I hear him breathing throughout the whole movie.  Or the idiot who keeps checking his cell.  Or the person who keeps kicking my seat, etc...

But for the most part, I love the experience, the smell, getting to laugh with other people.  Makes it more enjoyable for me.  And I'm introverted.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

My issue is the other people in the theatre....they basically ruin a movie-watching experience for me, which is why I prefer a bluray at home. Big screen TV, HD, and no idiots talking or just generally being annoying while I'm trying to pay attention.

and yet I know the people you generally watch movies with and this sentence makes no sense....

I once snapped at two old ladies who wouldn't stop talking behind me.  It was conversational talking. Like the film had text saying "ohio" and the old birds would say "oh how nice! I once visited Ohio!"  "Oh you did? When was that?" Yadda yadda yadda. 

i gave them the look a couple times. Finally had enough, turned around and exclaimed "shhhhhhhhhhh, for **** sake!"  

They got up and left. I felt bad. 

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I once snapped at two old ladies who wouldn't stop talking behind me.  It was conversational talking. Like the film had text saying "ohio" and the old birds would say "oh how nice! I once visited Ohio!"  "Oh you did? When was that?" Yadda yadda yadda. 

i gave them the look a couple times. Finally had enough, turned around and exclaimed "shhhhhhhhhhh, for **** sake!"  

They got up and left. I felt bad. 

4GD3ROd.jpg?1