Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

To this day, I still don't understand why, in the Watchmen movie, Zach Snyder always had to capture Dr. Manhatten from the knees up, instead of the waist up like every other character.  I didn't need to see him dangling in EVERY DAMN SCENE.  Seriously, after the first 10-15 times, I think we get that he's always naked.  You can stop showing his penis now.

That's not the reason I didn't like it though.  Again, acting was done well, just thought it was boring, and maybe not enough "superheroness" in it.  Too much "supposed good guys doing bad things" for some of them.  I dunno.  Nothing clicked for me.

Sucker Punch I understood, but it was just a stupid way of doing it.  That constant back and forth crap, which was also in MOS, is awful to watch.

lol it was somewhat distracting!  Maybe he was really proud of the CGI guys' work on creating a nice dong.  Or it was meant to convey that Dr Manhatten didnt care about such things as modesty....yet was self aware enough to cover up when in public, for the sake of the puny humans and their sense of modesty.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2016 at 1:43 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

From what ive read, no.

It seems to be related to Cloverfield though.  Here's a quote from JJ about the film:

“The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

Whatever the hell that means I have no idea.

Also, another bit of info on the film:

“Her captor, a doomsday prepper, tells her he saved her life and that there has been a terrible chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable. She does not know what to believe and as tensions rise, she decides she must escape, regardless of the terrors that await outside.”

Maybe they needed to unleash chemical weapons to kill the thing and this is the aftermath?

Edited by Logan007

I found a copy of 2016 preview from cineplex, couple things I didnt know;

Sounds like the new star wars trilogy will be going back and forth with the anthology trilogy. Episode 7 dec 2015, rogue one dec 2016, episode 8 2017, a hans solo origin movie leading up to meeting the skywalkers 2018, episode 9 2019, then a bobba fett origins movie between episode 2-4 and him becoming the new jenga fett working for jabba the hut 2020

Unless these anthology movies are good I could see a backfire and kill some of the current star wars craze. Seems like too much and some being fairly irrelevant

Also raised my eye brows when I saw captain america: civil war not only introduces black panther, but spiderman as well

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I wouldn't worry about overkill. Unless they are really bad. And I doubt that. Look at how many marvel there are. Not every film will make a billion dollars though. The saga should be the top films but I imagine the anthology will be just fine. 

question is....do they keep he Skywalker saga going after 9?

I think 9 is enough, I watched 7 again and the whole first order thing just seemed like lazy villain regurgitation.  Id have been more interested in seeing the sith at a point of jedi like #s and power like episode 1-3 or one of the antology movies where yoda is in his prime, maybe a yound apprentice count dooku, how grievace came to be his half droid self and how the jedi unbalanced the force.

I keep wondering about the whole skywalker blood line, like anakin was fathered by the force = higher midichlorian then even yoda, but wouldnt that mean luke/leia only have half of that due to padmes gene pool distortion, their offspring with even less...ect yet at least with luke hes often refered to being even more powerful?

Think of it this way.  Probably no Jedi was born of a Jedi, because it was forbidden for Jedi to marry and have offspring due to attachment.  Most people who became Jedi were born of normal parents.  Therefore, for a Jedi to have offspring, I think the offspring would be extremely powerful in the force.  This is why I think Rey is Luke's daughter.  But then, with the information I heard about the force being awakened in her because it had gone "dormant" since Kylo killed all of the Jedi Luke trained (and when I say dormant, I mean no kids were born with the force during that time, and no force sensitive person could sense others...something like that anyway, it's something from the script).

Also, if you want to see a movie with Sith in many numbers, you have to go back 2000 years, I believe, before Darth Bane made the rule of 2.  A master and an apprentice.  So you'd have to go back to the Knights of the old republic time to see many Sith.  Which I hope they do some day.

Edited by Logan007

If you want to see many Sith during the saga it just wouldn't work. Since the saga is the Skywalker story IT would mean the Skywalkers let it happen. 

They could continue the saga after 9. If the public responds to the new actors and characters.  You can always use the droids as the connecting character and certainly hamil is young enough to continue to appear in some form in an obi wan role. 

So who gets credit with unbalancing the force, darth bane and his restriction of sith #s, or the jei's large # as knights of the republic?  It sounds like when they come across anakin, Qui-gon jinn and Obi wan need to train him to bring balance to the force, almost as if they are concerned its tipped in the dark sides favor at that point. Obviously yoda senses bad stuff with anakin, but the others seem under this impression about which way the scales are

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So who gets credit with unbalancing the force, darth bane and his restriction of sith #s, or the jei's large # as knights of the republic?  It sounds like when they come across anakin, Qui-gon jinn and Obi wan need to train him to bring balance to the force, almost as if they are concerned its tipped in the dark sides favor at that point. Obviously yoda senses bad stuff with anakin, but the others seem under this impression about which way the scales are

I think one idea is "balance" nkt referring to 2 Jedi and 2 Sith .  But a balance between light and dark.  Luke was very different from the dogmatic Jedi, as was Anakin.  Anakin had darkness and anger. But the Jedi basically told him to get over it.  He destroyed the Jedi and later the Sith.  So in that way he brought balance. But luke was a lot like Anakin in that he had anger in him. He put his friends above all else. He rushed in. But unlike Anakin luke was more balanced. And he refused to give in to his hate and anger at a critical time. So one could read it as Luke being the "balance". 

Or we could forget all about balance since it was a stupid concept anyway. 

The emperor did make luke take a light saber swing at him to strike him down in episode 6 tho and give into his anger as he watched his friends walk into a trap to "complete his turn, but vader intercepted it. he may have been reluctant to fight his father, once he knew the truth, but I dont think he was unwilling to fight darth sidious

15 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

Maybe Rey is one of the ones Luke trained? Maybe the Force Awakens because she was told to lay low while her commrades were being killed? 

That's a theory.  Which would explain her ability becoming so strong so fast. That perhaps kylo used the force to try and wipe her memories. In other words he chose not to kill her.....for some reason 

maybe we should talk spoilers in the Star Wars thread!

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think one idea is "balance" nkt referring to 2 Jedi and 2 Sith .  But a balance between light and dark.  Luke was very different from the dogmatic Jedi, as was Anakin.  Anakin had darkness and anger. But the Jedi basically told him to get over it.  He destroyed the Jedi and later the Sith.  So in that way he brought balance. But luke was a lot like Anakin in that he had anger in him. He put his friends above all else. He rushed in. But unlike Anakin luke was more balanced. And he refused to give in to his hate and anger at a critical time. So one could read it as Luke being the "balance". 

Or we could forget all about balance since it was a stupid concept anyway. 

Although, one could say that having Luke (Luke being the balance) was how Anakin brought balance to the force.

But I agree, I hated that prophecy.