New guys - High hopes? Low hopes?

Mike

Yeah, but in fairness, you're kind of a **** who disagrees with whatever the popular opinion happens to be around here...

In fairness, I get it right more often than the 'popular opinion' around here and when I agree with the popular opinion, (Signing Bryant, Picard, Hall(DC) for examples) I'm just another voice in the crowd.

Yeah, but in fairness, you're kind of a **** who disagrees with whatever the popular opinion happens to be around here...

Pretty sure Tburg's created an app that notifies him if there's a complaint about the media made here. I worry that he's trapped under something heavy if his standard "complaining about complainers" line isn't delivered within an hour of the first post.

Pretty sure Tburg's created an app that notifies him if there's a complaint about the media made here. I worry that he's trapped under something heavy if his standard "complaining about complainers" line isn't delivered within an hour of the first post.

First off, it's whining about the whiners, not complaining about the complainers.  Secondly, no app needed. I usually watch these boards a few times a day.

So...oh why even bother.

Yes, it totally made sense to hamfistedly shoehorn his griping into a report on mini-camp.

Yes, yes, yes, even though there was no name attached to the article, this was about the populace targeting the author, and not at all about a paragraph that stood out like a large placement of moosecrap on top of a white wedding cake.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, our bad, this was definitely not once again an example of well below-average journalism, but rather an example of how over-sensitive we are to noticing things that do not fit at all in the context of the rest of the article.

Our bad.

It turns out Wiecek is a fine sports reporter, and it was wrong of us to read his daily attempt to prove otherwise.

It was unfair of us to expect a paid print journalist to have higher standards than Darren Cameron's blog.

We're such meanies, learning English and knowing how to read.  We should stop it.

In fairness, I get it right more often than the 'popular opinion' around here and when I agree with the popular opinion, (Signing Bryant, Picard, Hall(DC) for examples) I'm just another voice in the crowd.
"...right more often then the popular opinion"? You serious with this drivel?? Im one of the few who gladly admits his mistakes but I've rarely had to go that avenue in discussions with you... Smh. talk about delusions of grandeur..

So...oh why even bother.

Yes, it totally made sense to hamfistedly shoehorn his griping into a report on mini-camp.

Yes, yes, yes, even though there was no name attached to the article, this was about the populace targeting the author, and not at all about a paragraph that stood out like a large placement of moosecrap on top of a white wedding cake.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, our bad, this was definitely not once again an example of well below-average journalism, but rather an example of how over-sensitive we are to noticing things that do not fit at all in the context of the rest of the article.

Our bad.

It turns out Wiecek is a fine sports reporter, and it was wrong of us to read his daily attempt to prove otherwise.

It was unfair of us to expect a paid print journalist to have higher standards than Darren Cameron's blog.

We're such meanies, learning English and knowing how to read.  We should stop it.

Wiecek isn't a good reporter, let alone a fine one.  In fact, I'd suggest there aren't any good Bomber reporters these days.  It doesn't matter though because he's right.  The media should be able to talk to the coordinators on a regular basis.  Yes.. I know other HC's do it.  I disagree with them too.

"...right more often then the popular opinion"? You serious with this drivel?? Im one of the few who gladly admits his mistakes but I've rarely had to go that avenue in discussions with you... Smh. talk about delusions of grandeur..

You want to talk Pencer or Etienne or Mack (Before he was rightly fired)?  All backed by popular opinion.  Most posters who argued with me ad nauseam agree with me now because popular opinion has changed.  Tons of other examples but no need to beat a dead horse.

Wiecek isn't a good reporter, let alone a fine one.  In fact, I'd suggest there aren't any good Bomber reporters these days.  It doesn't matter though because he's right.  The media should be able to talk to the coordinators on a regular basis.  Yes.. I know other HC's do it.  I disagree with them too.

The only time the Winnipeg media wants to talk to an assistant is when they don't have access. I bet you wouldn't even need one hand to count the number of interviews with assistants that were done when the media had unfettered access to them.

The only time the Winnipeg media wants to talk to an assistant is when they don't have access. I bet you wouldn't even need one hand to count the number of interviews with assistants that were done when the media had unfettered access to them.

This is all the result of the media talking to Gary Crowton and hearing the opposite of what they were hearing from Tim Burke. I think it was a reasonable reaction by the team, but the ban should be lifted now that we are in the second year of O'Shea's tenure.

This is all the result of the media talking to Gary Crowton and hearing the opposite of what they were hearing from Tim Burke. I think it was a reasonable reaction by the team, but the ban should be lifted now that we are in the second year of O'Shea's tenure.

There has never been a suggestion that it was a club rule. Mike O'Shea has said it is his decision.

There has never been a suggestion that it was a club rule. Mike O'Shea has said it is his decision.

Absolutely this...MOS was an assistant under this rule, liked it, and implemented it here. I, for one, like the idea of a unified front. One voice, one message. 

The regular whining about a guy you see as a whiner.  Good times.  :D

Ahhh the regular whining about people whining about a guy who is seen as a whiner.... I wish we could all be as enlightened as you and above such pettiness..... 

Yah... Me too.   ;)

Speaking of things I'd wager lots of money on, my guess is if I walked up to Wiecek mid-season and asked him to name the quarterbacks coach for the Bombers without checking the website, he wouldn't be able to do it.

But yes, this policy is preventing him from finally winning the Pulitzer he so richly deserves.

He is a fountain, nay, a volcano of football insight.

And certainly not someone whose content and contributions could easily be replaced by about a third of the people who post on this site.

Blue Bombers Declare Mini-Camp a Resounding Success
Winnipeg, MB, Canada / 680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader
Bob Irving
April 21, 2015 12:13 pm

The Winnpeg Blue Bombers concluded their 3-day mini-camp in Bradenton, Florida on Tuesday and both General Manager Kyle Walters and Head Coach Mike O?Shea declared it a complete success.   Walters said they identified at least 20, maybe 25 players, from the group of 51 that are worthy of being invited to the teams main training camp in late May.

Practice had good tempo, the players worked hard and competed every day, the last period of the last practice was still hi-tempo.  Now, the next step is to do a complete evaluation, watch all the film again and decide who should be added to our training camp roster said Walters.  He added there will be tough decisions.  The salary cap end of things combined with the personnel we have seen here, the job now is to piece together the best 75-man training camp.

Walters and OShea both said there were receivers, linebackers, defensive backs and defensive lineman who caught their attention.   Defensive back Johnny Adams from Michigan State, linebackers TraShaun Nixon from New Mexico State and C.J. Wilson from Western Michigan, receivers Ja-Mes Logan from Ole Miss, Lavon Downs from Delta State and Jhomo Gordan from Bethune Cookman all had strong performances.   So did 3 big offensive tackles in 6-foot-8, 331 pound David Mims of Virginia Union, Zebrie Sanders from Florida State and Corey Lewis of Illinois.   Offensive tackle is not an area of great need for the Bombers but at least one of those 3 is expected to get a camp invitation.

Perhaps the most impressive player in the mini-camp was defensive end Derrell Johnson from East Carolina.  The 6-1, 255 pounder showed a great burst along with strength and agility.  The Bombers see him as the classic rush end they didn?t have last year.

Regarding the contract situation with quarterback Drew Willy, Walters refused to discuss any details of the negotiations with Willy?s agent, but he did says if Willy doesnt sign an extension by the start of the season, they will wait until the end of 2015 to resume discussions.  Willy is heading in the final year of his two year deal.

I have high Hopes for Derrell Johnson we need a much stronger pass rush this year, Vega was not very impressive last season.

modify_inline.gif

Funniest (not haha funny) thing about the Wiecek issue is how he sees Wylie as the most interesting coach on the club.  All of his quotes were analogies about kissing girls and borderline chauvinistic nonsense, not much substance there in terms of football.  Kind of speaks to the type of coverage he provides/views as interesting.