Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

39 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I find it funny all the conspiracy theories about Vince holding out Daniel Bryan when in fact he was doing the right thing all along because DB's brain is mush.

That's not entirely clear.  Their doctor Maroon, has never been a supporter of CTE and concussion research.  He's probably the most likely doctor to clear someone for returning after a head injury.  Every doctor Bryan saw and every test he did were by proven and credible docs. 

Its entirely possible Vince did the right thing but for the wrong reasons.  Its more likely that at a time when concussions and CTE is front and centre and WWE is dealing with a lawsuit of their own, that they were creating an example of someone where they could show how cautious they are in the case of brain injuries.

The fact there was talk that Bryan asked for his release and was denied adds fuel to this.  Also, there was speculation that WWE made it clear they would invoke their injury clause in his contract whereby they could add the time he spent hurt to the end of his deal and effectively keep him under contract forever.  Bryan could sue and he would win but it would be timely and costly.

Its entirely possible (and this is the belief) that Bryan had that final test and it caused him to accept that he cannot wrestle again.  However, if he does want to wrestle again or even have that as a possibility, then "retiring" is really his only option.  It freezes WWE's "injury clause".  He would not be able to wrestle anywhere for the length of his remaining WWE contract but at that time, he would be able to wrestle anywhere he wanted. If he remained non-retired and "hurt", he would not be able to get out of his deal.

The WWE has confirmed today the WWE Network exclusive cruiserweight show that we had been reporting about the past few weeks in the Observer.

The show, entitled the Global Cruiserweight Series, will air on Wednesday nights at 9 p.m., following NXT.

It will be a 32 man tournament of wrestlers who all have to be under 205 pounds, and will be taped at the NXT tapings.

The first episode of the show will be on 7/13, and the championship match will air on 9/14.

The winner of the tournament, which is expected to include a number of wrestlers who are not signed with the promotion, will obviously end up with the promotion and be billed as the best cruiserweight in wrestling.

***This might be why Danny Duggan got an NXT try out this past week although Im not sure he's under 205 (or how strict WWE is on that weight).  If the desire is to truly bring in some really great unsigned "cruiser weights" to go with their own, I'd doubt Danny makes the cut.  They are probably looking more to the high flyer style.  Interesting concept though, especially for WWE.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

TNA had a really decent stable of high flyers when they debuted with the X division, I wonder if wwe plucks anyone left (if any, havent watched tna in years)

Not really.  At the height of the X Division it was Styles, Daniels, Joe, Sabin, Shelley, Amazing Red, Williams... probably Will Ospreay from the UK though he is supposedly signing with NJPW.  They have La Sombre.  Zack Sabre probably. Some Evolve guys.  Probably a couple of no name Indy guys just to make it seem like they left no stone unturned.

Apparently, UFC middleweight fighter Michael Bisping went on a Sirius XM Radio show and said that Punk brought in 16 ‘smokers’ to the gym (smokers are essentially test fighters. You bring them in, go through a real fight situation in the gym, a gym fight if you will). The bad news, allegedly he lost to 15 of them.

Some are calling BS on this saying you dont do 16 test fights like that in training...Im no expert so I have no clue.

Smokers are not fighters, but fights themselves.  It's basically an illegal fight away from the eye of a commission (picture an event held in an old smoke filled gym and that's where the name comes from).  They are very common and happen everywhere, especially in the gyms that are more old school in their approach.  He's training with Duke Roufus who has been accused of being abusive towards his fighters in the past.

Bisping has been saying this stuff about Punk for a little while now but he's the only source I've seen saying that.  The problem is that half the stuff he says is complete horses**t but sometimes he's being legit so it's hard to say if there's any truth to it.

I didnt catch smackdown (i always forget when its on now and days)  but im not surprised,  SD has been out doing raw a lot more frequently in recent memory.  I wonder if it's because traditionally, raw is what it is and will garner viewership regardless, but smackdown has usually been the ginger little sibling.  makes sense to put more effort into the inferior show to bring up the numbers

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

You think Cena will be back????  Seems quick but not impossible. 

I think it will be Braun Strowman but it should be GOLDBERG

I think the plan had been Taker vs Cena. Cena's injury should keep him out til summer. But Cena is a freak of nature when it comes to recovery. He's made some comments lately that would indicate something is up. I think he's going to try really hard to make it back. 

I agree about Goldberg. Not neccesarily against Taker but trying to draw 100,000 people? Id bring back anyone who could draw.   

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Who Will Be: John Cena

Who Should Be: Meh, probably John Cena, though I'd argue Sting.

Read that the opponent still up in the air & the WWE doesn't think Cena will be ready by WM32. One thing it won't be Braun Stroman due to the negative social media comments & tweets when the idea was first floated.

I'd love to see Sting vs Taker but I think Sting is still too hurt.

For me when I think about guys who could make a splash and are realistic options, Goldberg is the biggest one.

I heard Vader was still wrestling in 2015.  Those guys had a great rivalry.  I mean Vader lost every time but that would be so funny, imagine that.  He is like 60.