Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Said no one! 

Its one thing WWE does so poorly now.  Their theme songs are all the same.  Generic instrumental crap.  Give me some Bossman, Mountie etc anyday.  Even the instrumental songs back then like Perfect's, Rocks, Austin was way better.  No Chance In Hell is still used because it's awesome.  Shane's music hit and the crowd went nuts from the opening note. 

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Is there a reason raw has been going white ropes recently? 

Didnt even notice.  They change them every so often.  There has been complaints for some time now that the whole "set" and production needs a make over.

They have a problem with Dean Ambrose.  And that's that I think he's hit his ceiling.  They screwed with him for so long that this is as high as he will ever go.  Interestingly, after Hunter was *clearly* trying to undermine Roman a couple of weeks ago, they actually changed his cheers to boo's in showing video packages.  And Hunter has been trying to be more heelish.  I think the idea of working Ambrose is to beat a solid babyface and see if that gets Roman cheered for coming to the aid of his "brother".  It wont work.  But it's a nice try.

The new WWE WrestleMania 32 magazine in the list of the 2016 Hall of Fame class confirmed Jacqueline Moore and Stan Hansen as the final two inductees for this year.

Moore had been on the list that had leaked several months back.  Hansen was not.  Hansen had two runs in WWF, once challenging Bruno Sammartino in 1976, including the match where he broke Sammartino's neck by dropping him on his head on a bodyslam, which inadvertently ended up making his career when the return match saved the Ali vs. Inoki show at Shea Stadium.

He also had a run with Bob Backlund as champion.

Hansen is generally considered the greatest foreign star in Japan, for his long tenure as a fixture for All Japan Pro Wrestling.

Moore was in as the female inductee that they want in every year.

This would mean that plans for John Layfield were changed, which had been obvious when they announced he would be helping induct The Godfather.

still puzzled by the godfather induction. apparently my enthusiasm for Papa shango wasnt echoed out there,  wining the worst gimmick and most embarrassing wrestler awards by The wrestling observer in 1992. Kama was a forgettable gimmick, and while the godfather got a little bit of love for his hoe trains, but a pimp mid carder that was pushed about as much as too cool or brodus clay the funkasaurus. i dunno I'd have swapped those 2 (JBL n godfather).  while I never cared for JBL's rich texan gimmick or even his time in APA,  he at least held the title a few times 

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

still puzzled by the godfather induction. apparently my enthusiasm for Papa shango wasnt echoed out there,  wining the worst gimmick and most embarrassing wrestler awards by The wrestling observer in 1992. Kama was a forgettable gimmick, and while the godfather got a little bit of love for his hoe trains, but a pimp mid carder that was pushed about as much as too cool or brodus clay the funkasaurus. i dunno I'd have swapped those 2 (JBL n godfather).  while I never cared for JBL's rich texan gimmick or even his time in APA,  he at least held the title a few times 

Once they inducted other low-mid card guys, it became fair game.  Godfather was a memorable gimmick that had longevity so he's in.  he was also a very close friend of Undertaker and maintained a good relationship with WWE.  All those things qualify him.

i'd still like it if he came out for the acceptance as papa shango.  he made the ultimate warrior puke dammit lol.  Truth be told i didnt mind the godfather, he just never really did much, 1x IC champ, 1x Tag champ and as far as i know wasnt like stone cold or the rock over with the crowd just on gimmick alone, hell he even dropped it for a bit to join that right to censor faction.  

Rick Martel and Owen Hart might deserve it more imo

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i'd still like it if he came out for the acceptance as papa shango.  he made the ultimate warrior puke dammit lol.  Truth be told i didnt mind the godfather, he just never really did much, 1x IC champ, 1x Tag champ and as far as i know wasnt like stone cold or the rock over with the crowd just on gimmick alone, hell he even dropped it for a bit to join that right to censor faction.  

Rick Martel and Owen Hart might deserve it more imo

1 IC and Tag Team title is better than a lot of guys.

Martel will go in for sure.  Former World Heavyweight Champion.  They want to induct Owen but his wife is very opposed.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

im actually surprised martel isnt in yet, especially with santana going in the HOF in 2004.  i remember martel turning on santana (strike force days) and there being like the rockers and santana vs martel and the rougeaus.  i think that was my first experience with a heel turn, as tag team wrestling back in the 80's and early 90's was the straight bees knees.

as for Owen, im surprised after all this time his wife would still be opposed, especially if Bret was willing to come back. my best friends old lady everytime we watch wrestling together goes on and on about how Hart's death was planned,  but i dont buy it at all. seems kinda moot to oppose just an induction tho all in all. 

36 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

im actually surprised martel isnt in yet, especially with santana going in the HOF in 2004.  i remember martel turning on santana (strike force days) and there being like the rockers and santana vs martel and the rougeaus.  i think that was my first experience with a heel turn, as tag team wrestling back in the 80's and early 90's was the straight bees knees.

as for Owen, im surprised after all this time his wife would still be opposed, especially if Bret was willing to come back. my best friends old lady everytime we watch wrestling together goes on and on about how Hart's death was planned,  but i dont buy it at all. seems kinda moot to oppose just an induction tho all in all. 

Martha Hart is not a fan, never was a fan and never will be a fan.  She holds a lot of bitterness.  I dont blame her but I do think she should let it go.  She doesnt have to be at the HOF.  And they dont need her support.  But they dont want her opposition either.  She should just let it go.  She married into the Hart family of her own free will and with that came certain expectations. 

Owen's death was tragic and stupid.  But it wasn't murder!

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The fact that Drew Carey is in the HOF pretty much diminishes whatever respectability the honor had...

while i partially agree, i think more the exclusion of a celeb HOF inductee is more appropriate. The PWHOF is very exclusive and a much deeper pool of talent they are looking at with all the many companies and stars over the year. I dont think its a bad idea for WWE to pay homage to stars that helped them become the empire they are, but maybe thats their problem, too many ppl go in per class.  if they limited it to 1 male 1 female, 1 tag team and maybe 1 promoter/booker/builder whatever,   it would keep the classes full of quality,  give each inductee a bit more spotlight and allow for more years of inductees without being forced to start selecting lesser talents

The White Ropes have something to do with some sort of awareness thing they are promoting. I'm not sure which one but for example, during their breast cancer awareness thing, one rope is pink.. The white ropes mean something, i read it somewhere, i just can't remember what it means. It's something to do with awareness tho.

Just now, bigg jay said:

They've used white ropes since at least 2010.  They've gone back & forth but apparently Kevin Dunn think's white is more professional.

Kevin Dunn is one of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.  There are actually rumours circulating that he and Hunter/Steph hate one another and there is a bit of a power struggle behind the scenes because he knows he's gone the second Vince steps down. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Kevin Dunn is one of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.  There are actually rumours circulating that he and Hunter/Steph hate one another and there is a bit of a power struggle behind the scenes because he knows he's gone the second Vince steps down. 

I think Cornette is a fan of his :D

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Martha Hart is not a fan, never was a fan and never will be a fan.  She holds a lot of bitterness.  I dont blame her but I do think she should let it go.  She doesnt have to be at the HOF.  And they dont need her support.  But they dont want her opposition either.  She should just let it go.  She married into the Hart family of her own free will and with that came certain expectations. 

Owen's death was tragic and stupid.  But it wasn't murder!

I don't think anyone has the right to judge Martha Hart & the way she feels about the death of her husband.

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I don't think anyone has the right to judge Martha Hart & the way she feels about the death of her husband.

I dont disagree.  But Owen's fans shouldn't be judged for wanting to celebrate his talent.  Legally she has no say in what WWE does (she tried to assert legal rights over his name and image and lost).  WWE was criticized for making the Owen DVD recently and I see both sides.  The criticism is that Owen dying the way he did made him a bigger star than he was and the Owen up to his death would never have warranted a 3 DVD set of his life and career years later.  So in a way, WWE was capitalizing financially on the death of a wrestler who died performing a stupid stunt at their behest.

On the other, the DVD sold well and was well received.  If I was WWE I would have donated proceeds to the Owen Hart Foundation, and if Martha declined, to another charity of the family (the non-Martha side) choosing.  I assume Martha is now cashing the WWE cheques (she had refused to take royalties in the past and then sued WWE claiming they were profiting off Owen's image without legal right.  WWE's response was that they had tired to give her royalties and she refused and they had been holding them for her.  I would think she'd accept them either on behalf of her children or her charity.

Martha is bitter & she has a right to be. I have no problem with the WWE putting Owen in the WWE HOF as he should be. She shouldn't be the reason Owen doesn't go in. If she doesn't like it then stay home. Let the rest of the Hart family enjoy the event. My comment was just that we as strangers shouldn't just say she should "just let it go". He died doing a stunt that both Sting & Shawn Michaels did safely more than once.