Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Read CM punk is undergoing back surgery.  Has he yet to step foot in the octagon? Guess thats put on the shelf even longer or a bust

4-6 weeks.  Still possible for UFC 200 apparently.  There is some real speculation that Punk will never fight in the UFC.  He claims he will fight all 8 of his contracted fights no matter what.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

*Some* think that CM Punk is doing this because his opponent looked legit and he is chickening out.  

I wouldn't doubt this since he looked perfectly healthy on tv the other week and it's very odd timing for him to pull out if this has been an ongoing issue with him for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

*Some* think that CM Punk is doing this because his opponent looked legit and he is chickening out.  

I wouldn't doubt this since he looked perfectly healthy on tv the other week and it's very odd timing for him to pull out if this has been an ongoing issue with him for a long time.

I think Dana has already said that guy will be Punk's opponent, regardless.  The only thing that might change that is if Punk takes too long to heal up and the guy decides he wants a fight in the meantime.  From what I know about Punk, I'd consider his injury legit and his desire to fight to be legit.  He doesnt seem like the kind of person that would be afraid of being beat up.  On the other hand, he is a world class ******* so you never know.

Kenny Omega won the IWGP New Japan IC Championship this morning.  

Here are some remarks from a reviewer:

Omega said some of you may be surprised, some of you may be sad.  It's Valentine's Day and some of you wish Tanahashi could be your Valentine.  You have a new Valentine, you have a new God.  I can wrestle.  I can talk.  I can sing.  All you ladies, me and the Young Bucks are the Elite.  The Bucks were wearing "Elite" shirts insead of Bullet Club shirts.  Then he sang Teenage Dream.  This was the the new Sueprstar performance needed.  Every booker needs to watch this match as far as a lesson on how to make a new star, well, if you've got someone with incredible talent and a Hiroshi Tanahashi on your roster to make him.  Omega played air guitar when it was over, jumped in the air, and collapsed, selling his knee.  Then he left the ring.  Everyone knew what they needed to do here and they did it the best way possible.

oh and not coincidently I will be announcing tomorrow that Kenny Omega returns to Winnipeg and PCW on Saturday March 5!

Hhh vs Reigns vs Ambrose might be the thought now. However I still think it's Reigns vs HHH at Mania 

Ambrose is way more over tho. Reigns gets very little reaction and for the amount they pushed him that has to be concerning 

Edited by Goalie

Kane and Show in the main event certainly shows Vince's thought process.  His entire career, when the chips are down, he goes right back to the "giants".  The business has truly passed him by.  And it's a shame because the Wyatt's vs Show and Kane is perfectly fine as a mid card angle.

Consider that months ago when Seth got hurt, the problem was a lack of top heels.  Here we are nearly March and the same problem exists.  They simply havent been able to accomplish anything.  And it gets to the point where you have to think its be design.  The only real person over is Hunter and Steph.  They dont want any other people truly "over".  Look at Sasha as an example.  When she was called up, she was the most over Diva.  They cut her balls off for ages, took her off TV even, to make sure her reaction was less, before bringing her back.  You're not allowed to get over unless WWE gets you over.  No one will ever be able to say they were over.  Only will WWE be able to say we chose that person to be over.

RAW was decent though.  The 5-way.  Imagine if Stardust didnt suck and if Breeze (a good gimmick and a very good worker) hadnt been de-pushed for ages? 

Roman/Ambrose is good for what it is, the constant tease.  I assume one of them will take out the other but eventually they will remain "friends", although turning one heel is the obvious right call.  The problem is, they'd prefer to turn Ambrose who is the most over face on the show and will be cheered against Roman.  They SHOULD turn Roman.

Dudley's doing Heyman's dirty work was a nice twist.

Jericho/Styles and even Miz is a great angle to elevate Styles.  Jericho is doing really good subtle work that actually makes you want to see whats next without having to hit you over the hear with it.  And Miz was great last night.  Very underrated worker.

Oh and Road Dogg, who is one of the bookers, admitted on twitter than wins and losses dont matter.  So there you have it.  There's the problem with WWE today in a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Stardust sucks?  News to me.  I find him very entertaining in ring and out.

Cody is a great worker.  Stardust is the most embarrassing gimmick they have.  Its the kind of thing that if you were watching a non-fan walked in during his segments, you'd never be able to explain what you were watching.  Just horrible.  Like you'd be thinking "please, please, please no one walk in during this segment".  Its that bad.  Horrible.  And such a mis-use of Cody.

Good news is, Truth and Goldust are doing vignettes which are so bad that they make Stardust seem not as horrible.

I honestly thought with the wyatts beating down Kane 3 weeks ago, Big Show 2 weeks ago, Ryback Last week,  rather then have Mark henry playing around with new day last 2 weeks,  he would have been better served to be the 4th beat down, then setting up a 4 v 4 for fast lane.  if your gonna overkill the giants,  might as well even the #s

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I honestly thought with the wyatts beating down Kane 3 weeks ago, Big Show 2 weeks ago, Ryback Last week,  rather then have Mark henry playing around with new day last 2 weeks,  he would have been better served to be the 4th beat down, then setting up a 4 v 4 for fast lane.  if your gonna overkill the giants,  might as well even the #s

Its possible its setting up Undertaker for an 8 man at Wrestlemania or the one on one with Strowman.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I was actually in a room of non fans and put on WWE main event just last week and Stardust was on.  I didn't find it embarrassing at all, in fact we all had a good laugh.  However I don't take wrestling seriously at all so maybe that's the difference.

That could be it.  I find it sad, embarrassing and pointless.  Wasting a good worker.  Although since it's such a stupid gimmick that surely kids like at house shows, it probably keeps Cody flying under the radar, which might be good for career longevity.

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its possible its setting up Undertaker for an 8 man at Wrestlemania or the one on one with Strowman.

I guess that would make some sense since I believe it was the wyatts that "put him on the shelf" however if Wrestlemania is takers swan song, itd be a disservice to have his last match such a cluster ****. 

They should have let Taker fight HHH, win the belt then retire the next day. He deserves to go out as a champ for so many years devoted to the WWE, yet very rarely champ, or at least for long.  

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I guess that would make some sense since I believe it was the wyatts that "put him on the shelf" however if Wrestlemania is takers swan song, itd be a disservice to have his last match such a cluster ****. 

They should have let Taker fight HHH, win the belt then retire the next day. He deserves to go out as a champ for so many years devoted to the WWE, yet very rarely champ, or at least for long.  

I have long thought this was his last WM because he came back for several matches whereas in the past he only returned for WM.  I assumed he was pushing himself because he knew it was his final year.  But supposedly he feels pretty good.  So its certainly possible he will keep going.  Although retiring in his home state at Cowboys Stadium would be pretty cool.  They really want a Taker vs Cena match though....

On the subject of Mark Henry, WM is supposed to his swan song too.  He had previously told WWE he was done and Vince convinced him to stay til WM.  If he's hurt, this could be it.  Pretty good career for a guy they signed to a crazy deal and then tried to make him quit.

Brianna Danielson, who wrestles as Brie Bella, may be the next WWE performer to retire.

The wife of Bryan Danielson, who announced his retirement last week on Raw, expects to retire this summer, confirming a report in last week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The couple was on ABC's Good Morning America today to discuss his retirement, when she said that her days were limited in wrestling.

The report didn't show a clip of her stating it on camera, but the summer time frame was part of the news story.

"It's time for me to hang up the boots," she said. "That day is very close."

Bryan said that he wants to spend his time now educating young athletes to the seriousness of concussions. In the report, both Danielsons talked about Bryan's seizures stating that he at first kept them from his wife and when he had one in front of her, implored her not to tell anyone for fear he would not be allowed to wrestle.

It should be noted that Bryan Danielson's last seizure was about four years ago and has not been a recent issue.

Only makes sense if they are trying to have a kid, its only a matter of time before the pee stick says baby, baby, pirate. On that note, it makes me wonder the timing of nikki bellas injury with her man cenas injury. New age holiday booking?

If its someway connected I wonder if wwe ever imposes a no dating co workers policy like the way football players cant date cheerleaders. 

And on my last note, finding out dean ambrose is dating renee young was so disheartening this morning. Shes hot

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Only makes sense if they are trying to have a kid, its only a matter of time before the pee stick says baby, baby, pirate. On that note, it makes me wonder the timing of nikki bellas injury with her man cenas injury. New age holiday booking?

If its someway connected I wonder if wwe ever imposes a no dating co workers policy like the way football players cant date cheerleaders. 

And on my last note, finding out dean ambrose is dating renee young was so disheartening this morning. Shes hot

Nikki is definitely very injured.  She wants to come back but it could be career threatening. 

WWE has a policy about employees and talent dating.  Ambrose is lucky Renee is considered talent.  Im pretty sure announcers are actually employees (whereas talent are independent contractors).  They dont have an issue with talent dating talent though.  It happens a lot since you're on the road a lot.  However sometimes they try to screw with talent that is dating by either splitting them up on different tours or splitting them up in storyline.  They think this is "funny".

Sometimes its just flings like with Sunny and Shawn Michaels back in the day (and supposedly Bret Hart too) while she was with Chris Candido.  Ofcourse everyone knows about Edge and Lita when he was married and she was with Matt Hardy.  Cena had a fling with Mickey James (they did a brief angle of them dating to sort of make fun of the "secret" that everyone knew).  Supposedly he ended it and she got obsessive which is why she was shipped off to Smackdown and then eventually released.  He was always married at the time.

If anyone remembers B.B., the "paramedic" from the attitude era, she dated Bob Holly and apparently it blew up his marriage.  She was fired.  Ofcourse Hunter and Chyna were living together when he started seeing Stephanie.