Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I wonder if shane can still take bumps like he used to. hes got some pretty epic moments out there, much funner to watch in the ring then vince ever was

I doubt it. At his age? He's a gamer but man.....I don't know.  Will they let hem break their own rules with blood and dangerous stunts?

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Lol.  Hunter can't resist the love from the crowd

It's more the quality of the opponent but Hunter isn't trying at all. He's clearly playing to the crowd and acting like a bad ass which is what a face does.  

He was heeled on two years ago against Bryan. But I don't recall him trying this hard not to get heeled on. He insulted and ridiculed bryan a lot.  Not that thats the best way either but he played into the fans sense that bryan was screwed by the company. 

The bigger issue is Roman. Someone said in the video package they changed roman's boo's to cheers. That desperation if true. 

Ambrose is a natural face. He gets cheered against Brock who is even more a bad ass than Hunter. 

So, gotta love how the WWE does business. Shane McMahon comes back & can have creative & financial control of the company if he beats the Undertaker at WM in a HIAC match? You know this match would never take place if Rollins, Orton, Bryan & Cena were around, I can only imagine what their board meetings are like. I feel sorry for Roman Reigns, no matter what he does he gets booed. It's not his fault he's been put in this situation.

8 hours ago, iso_55 said:

So, gotta love how the WWE does business. Shane McMahon comes back & can have creative & financial control of the company if he beats the Undertaker at WM in a HIAC match? You know this match would never take place if Rollins, Orton, Bryan & Cena were around, I can only imagine what their board meetings are like. I feel sorry for Roman Reigns, no matter what he does he gets booed. It's not his fault he's been put in this situation.

Yeah but how can we complain?  I'll take Shane vs Taker over Orton vs Cena Round 100 any day.

With Shane vs Taker and Ambrose vs Lesnar, no one is even going to care about Roman beating HHH for the title.

Well it sounds like there is another shoe to drop.  They didnt do a very good job of explaining it.  Shane seemed a bit nervous and it got awkward for a moment like everyone forgot their lines.  But they alluded to Vince having made a big mistake that allowed for Shane to make a deal to leave but not lose his spot (ie. the heir apparent).  But then he had to make a deal with Vince to come back...so its a bit confusing. 

If Shane has something to hold over Vince's head, why would he put it all on the line?  Some times we have to accept leaps in logic but there are a few missing pieces here.

And knowing WWE history...I had a terrible thought.  HITC - Steph (and Hunter) help Shane beat Undertaker and its all a ruse to get the old man out of power.  Shane and Steph in on it from the beginning.  Ugh.

Shane had... had real talent 10-15 years ago. He could give it out & take it with the best of them. The guy was legit in the ring & was better than a lot of the guys on the roster a decade ago. I could see him doing a regular match with the Undertaker but a HIAC match after being away for so long? For Shane's sake, I hope he doesn't get injured. He's in his 40's now & not as spry as he used to be.

Just now, iso_55 said:

Shane had... had real talent 10-15 years ago. He could give it out & take it with the best of them. The guy was legit in the ring & was better than a lot of the guys on the roster a decade ago. I could see him doing a regular match with the Undertaker but a HIAC match after being away for so long? For Shane's sake, I hope he doesn't get injured. He's in his 40's now & not as spry as he used to be.

Shane is remembered in two ways really.  His stuff with Kurt Angle, Test and Shawn Michaels was pretty great (especially Angle).  His stuff with Randy Orton was horrible.  Shane wasnt a great worker per se, but he was very athletic and smart to the business.  He was very good at bumping and really, his incredible natural athleticism carried him.  He was fearless.

I remember after my first match, which was a Fans Bring The Weapons match where we didnt do very much - the match was designed around three big spots.  And much to my shock, we got rave reviews.  A local veteran emailed me and said I had a "Shane" thing going on where I could do something once a year and it would be big.  In other words, a smart match with key stunts and someone willing to take risks who was surprisingly athletic (surprisingly because no one would have suspect I was remotely athletic lol).  But doing it all the time would expose me as not a real "worker".

I still think there might be a chapter to this story that sees Shane sub someone in for the match.  John Cena is teasing heavily about returning WAY too early.  He WAS scheduled to work Undertaker.  Shane *could* be Plan B whereby if Cena is ready (miraculously) thats the match but if Cena isnt, they have a good "story" for Shane.  On the other hand, they've asked Shane to come back before and he always declines, not even appearing for WrestleMania 30.  So something brought him back. 

HIAC makes way more sense for Shane than a regular match.  Because it can be a brawl.  It can be smoke & mirrors.  It can the Mean Street Posse beating up Undertaker.  It can be blood and chairs and climbing the cell and going through tables and falling off things.  Thats right up Shane's ally.  This is a guy who wanted to fall higher and farther every match.  I actually worry about him.  Vince would never allow any worker to take a risk anymore.  But Shane?  Maybe...Maybe he leaps off the cage. 

The problem is..what's the finish?  Shane loses and is done?  Weird angle to come back for.  Is it because they are desperate and Shane is just doing his dad a huge favour?  Maybe.  Is Undertaker going to lose to Shane?  Hard to imagine that.  Why would undertaker want the match (in storyline)?  There is clearly more chapters to come.  Perhaps Vince orders Undertaker to win or he's retired.  Then you've got retirement vs control at stake but how do you root against the Undertaker?

Regardless, this is the most intriguing angle WWE has orchestrated in a long long time.  Good for them.  Combined with the fact that Triple H, in an emergency replacement, is WWE champion and getting cheered against the guy that is supposed to be the next John Cena, makes this a very interesting WrestleMania.  I expect RAW to be very very good from now until then.

TUP, you actually wrestled?  Gimmee a Hell Yeah! ;)

I don't get the Shane angle either. As you say, he won't beat Undertaker so the storyline makes no sense. More tocome,I guess.

As for Roman Reigns, the booing bothers me as a fan. I don't get the hate. He's out there everyday working his ass off & guys like Lesnar & Triple H are part timers who get the cheers. If I was Reigns, I'd be frustrated & pissed off. After last night, I'd turn Reigns heel & he can beat on Hunter & win the title back. That's the only thing  I see working for the guy.

Edited by iso_55

What do you guys think of my projected Wrestlemania card?

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (Divas title)

Kalisto vs Ryback (US title)

Stardust vs Stephen Amell 

Kevin Owens vs Neville vs Mark Henry (IC title)

Jericho & AJ Styles vs The Miz & Tyler Breeze 

New Day vs League of Nations (Tag Titles)

Andre the Giant 30-Man Battle Royal

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar

Undertaker vs Shane McMahon

Triple H vs Roman Reigns (WWE title)

18 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

TUP, you actually wrestled?  Gimmee a Hell Yeah! ;)

I don't get the Shane angle either. As you say, he won't beat Undertaker so the storyline makes no sense. More tocome,I guess.

As for Roman Reigns, the booing bothers me as a fan. I don't get the hate. He's out there everyday working his ass off & guys like Lesnar & Triple H are part timers who get the cheers. If I was Reigns, I'd be frustrated & pissed off. After last night, I'd turn Reigns heel & he can beat on Hunter & win the title back. That's the only thing  I see working for the guy.

I wrestled a handful of matches if you can call it wrestling.  I never felt important enough to care about the tape so I dont have any although the first two matches were taped for sure...just cant find the footage.  Ill tell you the story of my first match.

I trained briefly in 2001 but ultimately never wanted to be a wrestler.  I wanted to be a booker.  I thought I had to get my foot in the door and pay my dues.  But then I had the opportunity to start a promotion with a friend who had been in the business for awhile.  So I was the "mark" who snuck in the backdoor and it took time for me to "pay my dues".  Anyway...we started in 2002 and my partner quit in August 2003.  it was a less than friendly parting of the way at the time.

So now, doing everything by myself and one of the reasons we split was houses were down, we were losing money and there was sort of a split between the crew where certain guys felt buried.  So now houses are still down, but Im losing money by myself rather than two of us, I've got crew dissension and admist all of it, Im booking, announcing, producing everything.  And I wasnt a confident booker at the time.  We had been running Rookies Sports Bar as a secondary venue earlier in 2003 and because my partner didnt want to bother going (it was a lousy venue) he asked me to book it to "learn".  if not for that few weeks experience I probably couldnt have pulled it off at our main venue (The LID) in 2003.  Plus Kenny Omega really supported me which essentially gave me a voting block among the crew.  It sounds crazy but the split was between the "established" veterans who had been working on top for awhile and the lower card guys who were smaller, more athletic.  it was like the WCW angle the New Breed vs The Millionaire's club, but in real life.  I was a pragmatist but when push came to shove I sided with the New Breed, which is in itself a story.

Anyway, I am way more chill and laid back now but through all of that I was walking the edge.  It didnt help that my shoot job at the time was under performing so money was tight all over.  Super stressed.  So one day one a live show, I snapped at a great guy named Greg Romijn.  He was a friend before wrestling and became a wrestler before i got involved.  He was helping me out by doing the sound one night and kept screwing up the music.  I was ring announcing and flipped out on him so bad that it seemed to the fans to either be a work or I was a huge *******.  So I cooled off, apologized and said lets turn it into an angle.  So we did and I "snapped" again (this time a work), berated him and I think broke a pool cue over his back.  And that all led to me vs Romijn in a Fans Bring The Weapons match on halloween night.

Fans Bring The Weapons is a cool gimmick because it sounds like a blood bath but the fans bring all the weapon so we dont have to!  And usually they play along by bringing unique weapons.  Like keyboards, a pinata, a stale french loaf, a pumpkin, a Nintendo, things like that.  Its not so fun when they bring things like Ranch Dressing which they did for a different match and our wrestlers opened it and dumped it on each other thus rendering my canvas ruined... anyway...

Having never wrestled and with limited training, Greg and I got together a few times to plan out the match and work it out in the ring.  Which amounted to walking through everything but not actually doing anything.  So I was very nervous about being able to actually pull it off.  We had three big spots planned - a powerbomb from the top seating area to the dance floor through a table of light tubes, Greg doing a flyng elbow drop from the top of the dance cages (highest point in the bar) onto me onto a table that was on the dance floor (so several feet below) and the finish, which I think was just a "Stroke" (reverse Side Russian Leg sweep) face first onto a pile of thumbtacks (which was the finish).  Connecting the spots was just a brawl with the usual punches, kicks, suplexes.  My best spot is taking a clothesline over the top rope where I take it fully over backwards and land on my feet (think undertaker) which seems to be a lot of trouble for many guys but I take it really well, probably because Im tall.

Long story short...it was very well received.  So we did a second one in December which wasnt as well received.  We over did it with the big stunts (or more accurately I did), taking a barbed wire baseball bat shot and being power bombed off a tall ladder through a light tube/barbed wire table.  And doing a sick chair shot exchange where instead of trading punches we traded chair shots to the head.  Uncomfortable.

I did another Weapons match with a guy a couple years later (I think I won that one).  And another a couple years after that (which was really a sick bloodbath).  We also broke the ladder we needed for the finish when my knee cap struck it.  Knee cap vs fibreglass and both ended up broken in half.  Then I took a fireball to the head.  I lost that one too.  I did a few comedy matches along the way.  I think I saw a profile online that listed my record as 2-6 or something. lol

Im working on a new website and will link pics of my matches when its ready so you can see the carnage. 

Sorry for the long story.  I love talking wrestling history.  Ill tell the New Breed vs Millionaires Club Local Edition story if anyone wants to hear it.  You might know Chi Chi Cruz.  He was our champion and loyal to my ex-partner.  I wanted Kenny Omega as the new champion.  Who won the power struggle in the end?

Holy ****, TUP. You've taken a few hard bumps along the way. Headshots with a chair, thumbtacks, being power bombed thru tables.  Head shots with a chair are now banned by the WWE. I think they still do them with ROH but not sure about TNA. Have you ever considered promoting with the Harts in Calgary?

Just now, iso_55 said:

Holy ****, TUP. You've taken a few hard bumps along the way. Headshots with a chair, thumbtacks, being power bombed thru tables.  Head shots with a chair are now banned by the WWE. I think they still do them with ROH but not sure about TNA. Have you ever considered promoting with the Harts in Calgary?

I will say that I also was one of the first local promotions to stop guys from doing the unprotected head shots.  But then again, in 2012 (I think) I did a match and took about 5-6.  Fortunately the other thing Im good at is "acting" concussed.  But about two hours later I was not feeling well at all and it took about three days to recover.  Its stupid really.  And I might pay for it when Im older.  But damn it! The Fans popped! lol

The most difficult thing among indy promotions is working with anyone.  We have a really good relationship with High Impact Wrestling in Saskatchewan and even then, its not at all formal.  Just started booking each others guys and are friendly about it.  I've worked with many promotions in Winnipeg on minor deals (booking each others guys) and bigger deals (running a joint show, doing an Invasion) and invariably the other guys screws it up.  We did an "Invasion" with the CWF.  This was late 2003, again after all the turmoil of my partner and I splitting.  "Invasion" is a dirty word in wrestling but its an easy way to get heat and if done right is a good angle.

We did weekly shows.  CWF did monthly.  I layed out a great angle where they "invaded" for several weeks and got heat on us, beat our guys, attacked us, looked super strong.  Then we were to do invade CWF at their show.  Day before the show the promoter calls me up and says "I dont think we'll do it at my show.  My fans wont get it.  lets just keep it to us invading you."  *fart*.  It was a fun angle.  Because there was legit heat between me and the promoter where he'd say **** about us online and vice versa.  So basically he mouthed off online and I threatened him to do it to my face.  He "shows up" at our show with 4 of his guys in the audience and does some subtle heckling, I do some subtle "shots" on the mic (I was ring announcer) and the show ended and as I walked past, we exchanged words and it heated up to an intense "scrum" with venue security there.  Well, I hadnt clued in all my crew so suddenly someone yells out that the CWF guys are shooting with me and my locker room empties.  This all happens after the show so it looked like a shoot.

The promoter goes online and threatens to sue me and sue the venue (which was what he normally did anyway so it fit the "shoot").  The following week, my venue owner comes on the show (he was our Commissioner, my shoot job manager and a friend so this all made sense) and said I was a hot head who caused him problems before and was causing him problems again and that I might not care if I got sued but he did because he had a bar and a hotel and a home and a family.  So I had to apologize in person.  So he brought out the promoter who was beaming.  I apologized and then punched the guy.  Another scrum.  Started looking like an angle at this point but ofcourse its going to eventually.

At the end of the December show where I had the Fans Bring The Weapons match, the promoter confronts me and says he bought my promotion.  So we end in a wild brawl between his guys and mine that was so hot my fans started trying to fight them.  The story was that earlier in the year we had done an angle where my promotion was jointly owned by me, my partner and our venue owner.  So now my story was the CWF promoter had bought my ex-partner's 1/3 share which he sold ofcourse, to spite me.  So now as a 1/3 owner he had rights.  So he started giving his guys matches on the show and convinced my top guy Kenny to sign a contract with the CWF and made him CWF champion.

It was a really good angle.