Reports Jets add Jiri Tlusty

Jpan85

If you listened to Maurice talk about Tlusty he compared him to Frolik, He's probably a cheaper version of Frolik. Frolik will be looking to get paid this off season and the reality with Frolik is, when everyone is healthy, he is a 3rd liner. Jets can't afford to pay him probably what he wants, well they could but... Buff and Ladd need extensions, Schief Trouba and Lowry will all need them too. There is only so much money to go around.  Frolik at 3.5 million? sure. Frolik over 4 million, i don't think so.

Another way to look at Frolik is... Perreault signed a 3 year 9 million dollar contract with the Jets this past off-season. 3 million a year for Matty P. Frolik is good depth but he's not a guy that you are gonna break the bank for.

Got some youngsters on the way too, Calling it now, Ehlers will be on this team next season. He's got nothing left to prove in Junior. Petan might be too.

Can't sign them all and while Frolik is a good player, If Tlusty according to the coach is similar to Frolik and a lot cheaper, I could see Frolik going.  

Don't you have that backwards though? Frolik makes over $1M less than Tlusty currently. I know Fro's due for a raise, but I figure they'll both be in that $3-$3.5M range.

With the friendship and ties they have together, I'd love to see both back flanking Lowry on the 3rd line.

Of our UFA's, Stafford's the guy you let walk, IMHO.

Buff isn´t going anywhere, he is the heart and soul of this team....

I would highly doubt Ladd is going anywhere either. He is always one of the top point getters on the team.

No way Frolik deserves 5 a year....4 is pushihng it.

don´t mean to rub it in but i am in Vinales, Cuba and it is 29 C before the humidity and beer is 95 cents a beer.....

I would highly doubt Ladd is going anywhere either. He is always one of the top point getters on the team.

don´t mean to rub it in but i am in Vinales, Cuba and it is 29 C before the humidity and beer is 95 cents a beer.....

Oh, duck off with will ya.

See Conan O'Brien?