Drew Tate signs extension with Stampeders

Mr. Perfect

Many will be surprised I'm sure given the QB situations in Ottawa and Montreal, nevermind his comments about Dickenson towards the end of the regular season. Good move none the less for the Stamps.

QB Drew Tate has signed a contract extension with the #calstampeders --> http://ow.ly/HzLI6  #cfl

Many will be surprised I'm sure given the QB situations in Ottawa and Montreal, nevermind his comments about Dickenson towards the end of the regular season. Good move none the less for the Stamps.

QB Drew Tate has signed a contract extension with the #calstampeders --> http://ow.ly/HzLI6  #cfl

Probably secured him so he can trade him.

Probably secured him so he can trade him.

I would say it's either this or Huff has mind control powers. That might not be an exclusive "or" either.

I don't see tate being  traded, to who? Nobody really needs a QB? Ottawa? doubt it, regardless they have Henry and Demarco still, they don't need him. Montreal will probably roll with Crompton. This is a solid move by the Stamps to secure a guy who obviously wants to be there. 

I don't see tate being  traded, to who? Nobody really needs a QB? Ottawa? doubt it, regardless they have Henry and Demarco still, they don't need him. Montreal will probably roll with Crompton. This is a solid move by the Stamps to secure a guy who obviously wants to be there. 

BC might be in the market.  I don't imagine Montreal is 100% sold on Crompton either, regardless of how well he played last season.

But I would guess that Tate isn't going to be moved.

B.C. definitely would've been in the market for him IF he was an fa. They would have had to trade to get Tate in any event. Lulay is an uncertain and quite frankly another hit on that injured shoulder and it's all over. Nobody at their no 2  unless Tedford has something in is back pocket. The leos are in a world of hurt at the most important position on the field. Could see them going after Brohm.

Smart move by the Stamps ensuring they have competency in the backup QB position.  I don't think a single starting QB made it through 2014 without injury and the same will most likely occur in 2015 as it does every year.  Funny the Riders are one of the most vulnerable teams in this regard but have done nothing to address the problem so far.  Is Glenn still hanging out on a branch?

Brohm has such a small sample size.. No other team will be lining up to get him yet

No one will offer him major dollars or pretend he's the starter, but if he decides to return to the CFL and go the free agent route, there will be teams interested.  QBs are given chances and crap the bed all the time.  He got a chance and didn't crap the bed.  He was competent to the point of approaching good.  You think a team like Saskatchewan, who became incompetent as soon as they lost Durant, wouldn't be interested in Brohm?

Now they can't offer him any better of an opportunity than we can - compete to be our #2 - so if he comes back to the CFL there's a decent chance he's coming back here, but we won't be the only team his agent gets a call from.

Good move by the Stamps. There's all this talk about them possibly trading him, but why would they ever do that? Who then would back up Mitchell? If you have good quarterback depth, you keep it. The Riders paid for it when they dealt Willy away (It was bound to happen and it made sense to Willy and Winnipeg, but Taman should have tried harder, because now they don't a capable quarterback to back up Durant).

I'm in favour of strengthening any West team not located in SSK. The theory that Tate will bolt at the first chance and that his fellow players and coaches hate him....which was peddled by many Priders...has been proven a joke.

I'm shocked quite frankly as I figured Tate would have wanted out to have a chance to start elsewhere. Stamps still have the best 1-2 qb duo in the CFL. 

Good move by the Stamps. There's all this talk about them possibly trading him, but why would they ever do that? Who then would back up Mitchell? If you have good quarterback depth, you keep it. The Riders paid for it when they dealt Willy away (It was bound to happen and it made sense to Willy and Winnipeg, but Taman should have tried harder, because now they don't a capable quarterback to back up Durant).

Aw shucks. Hardy har har... ;)

B.C. definitely would've been in the market for him IF he was an fa. They would have had to trade to get Tate in any event. Lulay is an uncertain and quite frankly another hit on that injured shoulder and it's all over. Nobody at their no 2  unless Tedford has something in is back pocket. The leos are in a world of hurt at the most important position on the field. Could see them going after Brohm.

They could but really considering his body of work in a Bomber uniform is basically one half of football as a starter before getting hurt he's really a question mark. Who is going to spend money on a player like that? 

I'm in favour of strengthening any West team not located in SSK. The theory that Tate will bolt at the first chance and that his fellow players and coaches hate him....which was peddled by many Priders...has been proven a joke.

I think one of the reasons people thought he was going to go elsewhere was to find a starting job (people at CFL H were surprised that this didn't happen).

To be fair, Taman traded Willy but would have lost him in free agency.

Yes, this is true. But there was a mentality that Sunseri was better than Willy though.

Rider fans had turned on Willy at that point because he failed to convert a few 3rd and 1 QB sneaks.

Some fans yes, but not all. Last season a few Bomber fans turned on Willy also. It happens in sports.