Esks trade Stamps to Als for Kenny Stafford AND FA Receiver Discussion

Jpan85

You don't overpay for receivers unless it's a guaranteed NI game breaker. Certainly not an Import one. You recruit Import Receivers...don't go spending a pile of money. That's a Desjardins thing to do...

We did it for Nick Moore. And I'm not opposed to doing it.

But there's better value out there. MUCH better value.

If we really want a receiver, let's go out and get one in free agency. While everyone is battling it out for SJ and Dressler, let's sneak in there and grab Chiles or Ellingson. We don't need a number one or two. We need a number three and those guys would be great in a WR3 role.

You don't overpay for receivers unless it's a guaranteed NI game breaker. Certainly not an Import one. You recruit Import Receivers...don't go spending a pile of money. That's a Desjardins thing to do...

If we really want a receiver, let's go out and get one in free agency. While everyone is battling it out for SJ and Dressler, let's sneak in there and grab Chiles or Ellingson. We don't need a number one or two. We need a number three and those guys would be great in a WR3 role.

I personally don't believe we overpayed. With Green, someone's gonna overpay BIG TIME...

I am an unabashed Fred Stamps fan.  There are almost no players from other teams that I pull for.  Stamps is all class and talent, and I wish he'd been a Bomber instead of an Eskimo.

He didn't have a great season last year.  He had 4 incredible ones before it.  Maybe his best days are behind him, but I'd have been happy to have him on our roster in 2015 to find out.

Shrug? You serious?

Stamps could easily come back this year and be a top 5 WR.

Sure. I could also win 649 this weekend as well. What's your point? He's finished, and has the worst starting QB in the league throwing him the ball. Duron Carter isn't going to be there to bail out that offence anymore.

Shrug? You serious?

Stamps could easily come back this year and be a top 5 WR.

Sure. I could also win 649 this weekend as well. What's your point? He's finished, and has the worst starting QB in the league throwing him the ball. Duron Carter isn't going to be there to bail out that offence anymore.

Do you really need to ask what my point was? I made it! It's that Stamps can still be a very good WR.

Going after Green wouldn't be the first, second or third thing I'd do in free agency, but if all the big fish end up on someone else's hook and we have a fat roll of bills in our pocket with no one to spend them on, arming Willy with Denmark, Moore and Green is something I'd give serious consideration to.

Going after Green wouldn't be the first, second or third thing I'd do in free agency, but if all the big fish end up on someone else's hook and we have a fat roll of bills in our pocket with no one to spend them on, arming Willy with Denmark, Moore and Green is something I'd give serious consideration to.

Agreed. But I'm assuming we'll land a big fish.

We're paying quite a bit for Moore and Denmark at receiver already, a cheaper option would be better, someone with the potential who hasn't really shown it yet. I'm thinking like when the Bombers first picked up Terrence Edwards. I dunno who is available that fits that bill but surely there's someone to be had, or god forbid the scouting department digs up someone good. I think there's better areas to focus the efforts on in FA than a star receiver. Especially with Desjardins poised to go full ***** looking for receivers.