Stand Pat & Tweak or ... Make Real Changes

BigBlue

I don't see any major changes needed on D. Add a real MLB and a few bigger DLs and we're good. The secondary is exceptional.

We don't need a bigger dl. They're almost exactly the same size as the Riders, who had arguably the best DL in the league. We need Vega to rediscover his game and an upgrade on the other side. Peach is a decent rotational guy but I don't want him starting again.

Interesting blog... granted the source has an obvious bias... but still nice to read about some of the inner workings of the team 

WHY WON'T THEY LET US KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!

Please say you're being silly when you say that.

I liked the post and the poster. B)

I don't see any major changes needed on D. Add a real MLB and a few bigger DLs and we're good. The secondary is exceptional.

I think the real question here is... who in their right mind is up at 4:16 am?!?!
I'm in Punta Cana right now so it was actually at 6:16am :)

What the hell are you doing on this site while you're in Punta Cana!?!?!  GO DO SOMETHING FUN!!!

Man, when I'm in Playa next month, I will NOT be posting here....

...STOP APPLAUDING!!

I think the real question here is... who in their right mind is up at 4:16 am?!?!

What the hell are you doing on this site while you're in Punta Cana!?!?! GO DO SOMETHING FUN!!!

Man, when I'm in Playa next month, I will NOT be posting here....

...STOP APPLAUDING!!

Nothing better than sitting on the beach reading about the Bombers. My GF is reading her Kindle. We did a dance on the beach yesterday when I read Etch was fired! lol

Up at 6:16am on vacation in a warm and sunny destination with your electronic internet device, posting on a message board.  Your priorities are clearly different than mine.  

Get out there and enjoy, dude.  You only live once.  

I'm happy to be wrong Mike.  

Just peculiar that (presumably) it was such a hand-wringing decision. Is Mike that stubborn or that delusional?

Or worse -- are the available replacements that bad?

Actually, what I took away from Tait's new blurb on what happened is this:

MoS wanted to see if he can salvage the system (and Etch) with a few tweeks, realized that there would be too many changes necessary and that Etch's scheme couldn't work with all the changes so he had to let him go and find someone else that schemes the way MoS envision's his D to look like. 

He did his due diligence and didn't rush to make changes for change's sake. I am good with how this went down. 

Up at 6:16am on vacation in a warm and sunny destination with your electronic internet device, posting on a message board.  Your priorities are clearly different than mine.  

Get out there and enjoy, dude.  You only live once.  

Well, maybe not....

Up at 6:16am on vacation in a warm and sunny destination with your electronic internet device, posting on a message board. Your priorities are clearly different than mine.

Get out there and enjoy, dude. You only live once.

My job on vacation is to get up early and put our towels on the loungers so we get a good spot on the beach (yes we play the towel game). So I get up a few hours before my GF and have a few hours to kill early morning.

Up at 6:16am on vacation in a warm and sunny destination with your electronic internet device, posting on a message board. Your priorities are clearly different than mine.

Get out there and enjoy, dude. You only live once.

My job on vacation is to get up early and put our towels on the loungers so we get a good spot on the beach (yes we play the towel game). So I get up a few hours before my GF and have a few hours to kill early morning.

Awww...boooo...hissss...

I kick internet sand in your face.

For what it's worth, that's exactly how I'd spend my vacation, too. I'm not one for sight-seeing, per se, so sitting around in the sun with a strong drink and some inter-tubes, or at least a good book...that's more my way of killing the day. 

For what it's worth, that's exactly how I'd spend my vacation, too. I'm not one for sight-seeing, per se, so sitting around in the sun with a strong drink and some inter-tubes, or at least a good book...that's more my way of killing the day.

Yep. We were there a little over 2 weeks. We did 2 excursions off the resort. The rest of our days were primarily spent on the beach and playing in the ocean.

I am not judging beach vacations, I think for a short stretch it's a fine idea but how on earth can you do it for 2 weeks? It's much more interesting to get out and do things. Few days lounging around in the sun sure but it gets boring after that. 

I'm with you.  I gotta get out and do an excursion, or snorkel, or something.  I sit on the beach for 10 minutes and then I turn to my wife and usually say "so...are we going to do anything?"  She usually tells me to play in the sand with the kids.  So I usually get up and go exploring at that point.  Then my oldest usually follows me now that he's 8 and we go exploring in the rocks or something.

I just can't sit around doing nothing.  I need to walk through the jungle, or check out the ruins, or snorkel.

If I'm going to "do something" while on vacation, it'd better be golf or tennis or something....but just walking around looking at stuff? No thanks. I'd rather sit around drinking. But yeah, 2 weeks is a long time. I'd think one week would be plenty...

If I'm going to "do something" while on vacation, it'd better be golf or tennis or something....but just walking around looking at stuff? No thanks. I'd rather sit around drinking. But yeah, 2 weeks is a long time. I'd think one week would be plenty...

You are such an uncultured cretin. *adjusts monacle and tophat*

...FYP.

You are such an uncultured cretin. *adjusts monacle and tophat*

...FYP.

you yokels are pure Baltic Avenue