Crowton fired

Just one last thing I want to say about using people names here instead of their handles. On one of the Stampeder threads a few years back, I said something uncomplimentary about a CFL exec that I knew. I had no idea that he read CFL sites & suddenly I got this scathing email from him basically asking me to renounce what I said online. He was clearly angry & I felt I better do that or I might have a potential defamation suit to deal with as he knew me & who I was. We all say things online because we are anonymous that we wouldn't otherwise say if our identities were clear. After that experience, I don't want my name ever used & that is why I am against using first names or exposing identities on sites like this. Anyway nuff said & back to the subject of this thread.

Everything I say on here would be just as easy for me to say in public. I'm not hiding behind anything.

An unnamed reporter (very popular round these parts) asked me to take down a post about him that I made on OB a few years ago. I told him to shove it. Defamation suit my rear end.

Just one last thing I want to say about using people names here instead of their handles. On one of the Stampeder threads a few years back, I said something uncomplimentary about a CFL exec that I knew. I had no idea that he read CFL sites & suddenly I got this scathing email from him basically asking me to renounce what I said online. He was clearly angry & I felt I better do that or I might have a potential defamation suit to deal with as he knew me & who I was. We all say things online because we are anonymous that we wouldn't otherwise say if our identities were clear. After that experience, I don't want my name ever used & that is why I am against using first names or exposing identities on sites like this. Anyway nuff said & back to the subject of this thread.

Everything I say on here would be just as easy for me to say in public. I'm not hiding behind anything.

An unnamed reporter (very popular round these parts) asked me to take down a post about him that I made on OB a few years ago. I told him to shove it. Defamation suit my rear end.

Well, I dunno. That's how you handled it. As the CFL exec knew me quite well I didn't take any chances so yeah, I apologized. Maybe the sucky thing to do but really, I come on here for fun not to possibly get sued so I retracted what I said.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just heard Crowton's exit interview with Jim Toth on CJOB. What an absolute class act. Seriously, good luck to Crowton in the future.

Yeah, it was a great interview. He actually apologized for not getting more wins.I think sometimes we forget these guys have families & lives outside football & how hard it is on them. Hope  he does well wherever he goes from here.

Didn't the original rumours say Mack was forcing LaPo to hire an OC and give up play calling and then after Crowton struggled it morphed into Mack forced Lapo to hire Crowton.

I'll tell u what when Lawless tells who it was on the BoD that told him I'll tell you. Because in the big picture it really doesn't matter who tol me or how I know nor does it matter if you believe me.

In other words it was the brother of a woman who lives next door to the sister of a roofer who worked on Crowton's neighbour's house.

You guys aren't going by your real names?

My birth certificate is Captain B. Blue.

The B stands for Big.

Your wife wouldn't happen to be named Carrie, would she?

I only wish some of the people in the CFL didn't care what I thought. Consider yourselves lucky.

It sounds to me that you like to hide behind your handle.  Personally, I wouldn't type anything different if I had a handle instead of using my real name.  OTOH, being called by your real name when you haven't provided it is kinda skanky of the posters who do it.

I only wish some of the people in the CFL didn't care what I thought. Consider yourselves lucky.

It sounds to me that you like to hide behind your handle.  Personally, I wouldn't type anything different if I had a handle instead of using my real name.  OTOH, being called by your real name when you haven't provided it is kinda skanky of the posters who do it.

But do you know any coaches, players or  managers well in the CFL? I  do  & it can be tough sometimes as I am a fan  first. I have my loyalties, ha ha. If you don't know anyone then you can say whatever you like. But when people  know you, well.... Thing  is, I could change my  handle but  I don't want to. I just have to  watch what I  say. And yeah, doing that is skanky.

I use first names for certain people around here (TBurgess, TrueBlue, 17to85, Noeller, Raydawg, Mr. Perfect) just because I've spent so much time talking football with them that it seems awkward for me to call them something else. Or I guess in some cases, I actually see them outside of this forum so I feel weird using a handle to address them.

But if anyone had an issue with it, they're free to say so and I'd stop.

But do you know any coaches, players or  managers well in the CFL? I  do  & it can be tough sometimes as I am a fan  first. I have my loyalties, ha ha. If you don't know anyone then you can say whatever you like. But when people  know you, well.... Thing  is, I could change my  handle but  I don't want to. I just have to  watch what I  say. And yeah, doing that is skanky.

I don't know the coaches, players or managers on a personal level.  I could say that it wouldn't change anything if I did, but I don't know for sure if that's true.  I'm sure, however that folks who know me would also know my handle.

Mike.... Call me Terry if you want to.  No problem for me as my handle and name are the same.

I use first names for certain people around here (TBurgess, TrueBlue, 17to85, Noeller, Raydawg, Mr. Perfect) just because I've spent so much time talking football with them that it seems awkward for me to call them something else. Or I guess in some cases, I actually see them outside of this forum so I feel weird using a handle to address them.

But if anyone had an issue with it, they're free to say so and I'd stop.

I'm OK with you calling me Mr.

Thought ISO was a CAL fan, was it a diff. ISO ?

He changes when it's convenient for him. If the Stamps are doing well, he's "rah rah Stamps!" and if the Bombers are playing well, then he cheers for them. Whatever's convenient. His Stamps fandom shines through when he's shitting on the Bombers all the time.

*cue* "Harumph! Harumph!! I was a season ticket  holder in 19-dickety-6!! Cal Murphy! Bud Grant! Maaaaaatloooooooooock!!!!!!!"