Crowton fired

Good move that should've happened the moment Bellefeuille arrived to "help out" with the offense. Sadly, I predict the Bombers aren't done with the firings yet and the next one up will be Burke. Little hope for the upcoming Hamilton game and then it's the LDC and we know how well that always goes. Then of course the biggest game of the year, Banjo Bowl. The way things are going, we're all but guaranteed three consecutive losses, and with that comes the end of the season for us. Burke will be gone for sure by then, if not sooner. Wouldn't be surprised if Walters and Miller are already making arrangements for an interim HC to get us through the end of the season.

don Mathews?

nah I'm kidding. he was a replacement for andrus I believe as an interm hc and stunk it up. was not aware of the cancer though.... making the comment in poor taste

You didn't say anything mean spirited. It was just a comment designed to be humorous. I wouldn't worry about it.

How is this even going to work for Bellefeuille?

Does he try to implement a whole new offence mid-season?  That seems unlikely.  So now he's saddled with Crowton's playbook for the rest of the season, probably with his own adjustments.  Hopefully we get better leadership and playcalling out of him at the very least.

How is this even going to work for Bellefeuille?

Does he try to implement a whole new offence mid-season?  That seems unlikely.  So now he's saddled with Crowton's playbook for the rest of the season, probably with his own adjustments.  Hopefully we get better leadership and playcalling out of him at the very least.

He'll probably go with what works, change the playbook slowly over the rest of the season & see what happens.

We can only hope... Any head coach that doesn't take responsibility for player moves especially at qb as well as one side of the football because he says he's not qualified shouldn't be in charge.

I believe Burke when he says he doesn't do offence.

And you're saying he should dictate who starts at QB?

With limited practice time, he has to work with the existing playbook.

He will keep what he likes, and slowly introduce his own wrinkles week by week as time and practice permits.   Play calling can also play a big part in turning the offense around as well as perhaps making some half time adjustments.  As long as we see improvement in the offense week by week, then he is doing his job.

What he will likely be stuck with is Crowton's terminology.  

He shouldn't be a HC then should he??? I mean, someone has to be in charge. A HC always has the final say. Always except this dude. Pretty easy for Burke to defer decisions on assistants & say, "Hey, not me. I never did it.". When it blows up there's no blood on Burke. Cop out.

I hope people don't expect this to instantly change the offense. Trying to put in a new offense in week 7 just isn't going to happen, the biggest change will be play calling so hopefully that makes things look better but it'll be a long process transitioning to any kind of new offense at this point. 

Another of Mack's bungles.....people can say what they want but Crowton was Mack's find....he then sold him to LaPo and he was dumb I enough to buy it....be it a sales job or pressure...same result.

http://www.cjob.com/sportsshow/

In Gary Crowton's own words: "very appreciative to Coach LaPolice for bringing me here"

He shouldn't be a HC then should he??? I mean, someone has to be in charge. A HC always has the final say. Always except this dude. Pretty easy for Burke to defer decisions on assistants & say, "Hey, not me. I never did it.". When it blows up there's no blood on Burke. Cop out.

A coach designated the OC to run the offence and pick his QB to better suit his offence.

That is all that happened here.

Coach Burke is wrong about many things but letting his OC choose the starting QB is was not the wrong decision IMO

A coach designated the OC to run the offence and pick his QB to better suit his offence.

That is all that happened here.

Coach Burke is wrong about many things but letting his OC choose the starting QB is was not the wrong decision IMO

he's not wrong to let the OC choose the qb, he was wrong to bring it up in the media that he did it. Burke is the guy in charge, he should take ownership of every decision and not open himself up for the silly criticisms like that.