Crowton fired

DelMonaco.....now do u get why Mack made him swallow Crowton.......

No, not at all.

Here's a question for you.

Why not just say he hired Crowton ?

Why pretend LaPolice went on a field trip and bumped into Crowton, then force LaPolice to do a Presser saying it was he who hired Crowton?

Tell me, 'cause I just don't get the answer.

Why the subterfuge?

He is under contract until Jan. 31st. So he can't bad mouth anybody. And if you still think LaPo brought him in ....good for you. If you ask nicely I 'll tell u who LaPo wanted and maybe you will start to understand.

why  would anyone want to ask you nicely? What makes you think you know more than anyone else?...state your source

I believe Burke when he says he doesn't do offence.

And you're saying he should dictate who starts at QB?

He shouldn't be a HC then should he??? I mean, someone has to be in charge. A HC always has the final say. Always except this dude. Pretty easy for Burke to defer decisions on assistants & say, "Hey, not me. I never did it.". When it blows up there's no blood on Burke. Cop out.

A coach designated the OC to run the offence and pick his QB to better suit his offence.

That is all that happened here.

Coach Burke is wrong about many things but letting his OC choose the starting QB is was not the wrong decision IMO

he's not wrong to let the OC choose the qb, he was wrong to bring it up in the media that he did it. Burke is the guy in charge, he should take ownership of every decision and not open himself up for the silly criticisms like that. 

He shouldn't be a HC then should he??? I mean, someone has to be in charge. A HC always has the final say. Always except this dude. Pretty easy for Burke to defer decisions on assistants & say, "Hey, not me. I never did it.". When it blows up there's no blood on Burke. Cop out.

A coach designated the OC to run the offence and pick his QB to better suit his offence.

Coach Burke is wrong about many things but letting his OC choose the starting QB is was not the wrong decision IMO

he's not wrong to let the OC choose the qb, he was wrong to bring it up in the media that he did it. Burke is the guy in charge, he should take ownership of every decision and not open himself up for the silly criticisms like that. 

Zackly. He is in charge. He has responsiblity.

Playcalling will be the biggest change, in my opinion.

Terminology will be a big challenge for Bellefuille, he'll have to stick with it.

Many of the players have said that the playbook isn't that different from what other CFL teams run. 

I expect the playcalling to be much better.

What you're saying is true, he is the Head Coach and his bringing it up to the media is now in his package of wrong and rights...but that wasn't the question I asked the poster...

Given his background at very small schools, why would LaPo want Delmonanco? Why not promote him last year or hire him before Barressi?

The OC in Lapo's world would always just be a puppet, like Baressi was.  Lapo wants to be a playcaller.  This setup rarely works in the CFL or NFL, takes a special coach, which Lapo isn't.

LaPo a) wanted people he believed were good teachers, B) people you he likely thought he could mould or like Baressi would be good worker bees. I believe LaPo may be a good coach at the college level but he failed to understand the mentality and the culture in the locker room.

Do we really want to call people by their first names? I just think that practice should be frowned upon. We're all anonymous here & it should stay that way.

I agree.

Are you posting seriously as an admin & agree or jokingly because we know your first name? Just askin'?

I wonder if Offensive coaches generally turn out as better head coaches, compared to those that come from the defensive side of the ball.

It seems to me that as a head coach, its more important to be more offensive minded.  It just scares me how little Burke seems to care about the offensive side of the ball.  

If someone uses an actual name as their handle then fine that's what you call them as we don't know any other name to call them. But for me, I wouldn't appreciate anyone calling me by my first name unannounced on a CFL site unless I was asked first. As a veteran poster of many CFL sites over the last 13 years, I've always used iso_55 as my handle. I've never changed it. Some people on different sites know my first name but rarely if ever use it & I know their first names & never use theirs so I reciprocate. When someone calls someone "Ross" & the poster he called Ross is talking about insider info on the Bombers, what am I supposed to think? Now, maybe it's a cynical  joke but all it does is raise questions as to the identity of the person being named. I dunno, maybe I'm out in left field. Am I wrong?

Everyone knew this was going to happen,  not a shocker at all.   The writing was on the wall when MB came as a consultant.  

As for who choose Crowton it was LaPo and all that other junk is  nonsense.  And who really cares Lapo was a genius on offense and he couldn't do sweet F all so he sucked just as much as Crowton.  

Time to move forward and I think MB's impact will only start to show maybe in 3 - 4 games from now...  cant expect him to create a miracle over night.  

If someone uses an actual name as their handle then fine that's what you call them as we don't know any other name to call them. But for me, I wouldn't appreciate anyone calling me by my first name unannounced on a CFL site unless I was asked first. As a veteran poster of many CFL sites over the last 13 years, I've always used iso_55 as my handle. I've never changed it. Some people on different sites know my first name but rarely if ever use it & I know their first names & never use theirs so I reciprocate. When someone calls someone "Ross" & the poster he called Ross is talking about insider info on the Bombers, what am I supposed to think? Now, maybe it's a cynical  joke but all it does is raise questions as to the identity of the person being named. I dunno, maybe I'm out in left field. Am I wrong?

I think your stance is a bit too serious for my personal tastes, but to each his own.

I think your stance is a bit too serious for my personal tastes, but to each his own.

I think a lot of people wouldn't be here if they had to use their first &/or last names as then they'd truly be held accountable for what they say. I'd bet this would become a very vanilla & politically correct board with about 1/5 the members.

DelMonaco.....now do u get why Mack made him swallow Crowton.......

Well if you say so then it must be true.  We'll just forget the fact that both LaPolice, and now Crowton, have both stated that LaPo hired him.

:rolleyes:

I'd forgotten about that.

Bomber Diehard is in charge of organizing the Senior's Christmas Lunch at the Assiniboine Curling Club and in Dec 2011 he invited Paul LaPolice to be the guest speaker. This was after Baressi had been released and I think it was during the Q&A that followed LaPolice's speech that someone asked him if he could say anything about who he was interested in as the new OC. I can't remember the exact details but Lapolice said something about how there were some talented guys on the current staff and mentioned two names: Chris Wiesenhan and Pat Delmonaco. Shortly after that Weisenhan left the Bombers to take up a job in Hawaii but that left Delmonico as a person of interest.

But then the next month LaPolice bumped into Crowton and, as was reported at the time:

Crowton wasn’t first on LaPolice’s wish list, and Crowton didn’t exactly set out to land in Winnipeg. Both spoke at the American Football Coaches Association convention in San Antonio earlier this month, and they knew each other because they both coached at the University of New Hampshire, but not at the same time.

They said hello at the convention, and one thing led to another.

“He knew we had a job, and then he cornered me for about an hour about the league and everything,” LaPolice said. “He was very interested from the get-go.”

LaPolice said the Bombers cast a wide net during the search and interviewed several candidates.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/01/30/bombers-new-offensive-boss-charms

AFAIK, the source of the claim that Mack forced LaPolice to hire Crowton was a Lawless column. You all know how reliable those are.

Just one last thing I want to say about using people names here instead of their handles. On one of the Stampeder threads a few years back, I said something uncomplimentary about a CFL exec that I knew. I had no  idea that he read CFL sites & suddenly I got this scathing email from him basically asking me to renounce what I said online. He was clearly angry & I felt I better do that or I might have a potential defamation suit to deal with as he knew me & who I was. We all say things online because we are anonymous that we wouldn't otherwise say if our identities were clear. After that experience, I don't want my name ever used & that is why I am against using first names or exposing identities on sites like this. Anyway nuff said & back to the subject of this thread.

You should know that people can't reveal their sources, either believe it or don't.

He is not a member of the press who if he reveals his sources, he won't get info anymore. This whole idea of people acting like they know inside information for a fact, without saying how they know it for a fact, happens far too often with certain posters.