Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Shomari Wms. to CAL. Rider fans lose a punching bag. Wonder who his replacement will be. Rider fans need someone to hate and blame as much as they need one to over-rate and worship.

Can you imagine the wailing that will come from Saskatchewan if he goes to Calgary and plays well? Oh that would be sweet music to the ears. 

Shomari Wms. to CAL. Rider fans lose a punching bag. Wonder who his replacement will be. Rider fans need someone to hate and blame as much as they need one to over-rate and worship.

Can you imagine the wailing that will come from Saskatchewan if he goes to Calgary and plays well? Oh that would be sweet music to the ears. 

They'd never admit it.

going to go out on a limb and say Getzlaff is this year's Rider to be pulled off the holy altar. Now that his salary's out.

Him or Shea Emery - he's new and an easier target if he ends up mediocre like he was last year.

I see, it does make more sense now I suppose.

Holding a grudge because Henry isn't on the Bomber's will never make sense to me though :)

It is not a grudge about that at all. He is just a bad GM who does stupid things.

Has ridden Popp's name to two GM spots now, somehow.

I don't think you would find one person who would take Burris over Willy. He did us a favour.

Sooooo Al Bundy a redblacks fan? Only reason why I can see anyone defending dejarcrazy. The guy tries (and fails) to fix all of his problems by throwing gobs of money around... This has been proven at every place he has been a GM.. this and failure..

A) keep guessing :)

B) so you actually wish Henry was a Bomber? I thought Desjardins did the Bombers a huge favor by taking him.

I see, it does make more sense now I suppose.

Holding a grudge because Henry isn't on the Bomber's will never make sense to me though :)

It is not a grudge about that at all. He is just a bad GM who does stupid things.

Has ridden Popp's name to two GM spots now, somehow.

I don't think you would find one person who would take Burris over Willy. He did us a favour.

Sooooo Al Bundy a redblacks fan? Only reason why I can see anyone defending dejarcrazy. The guy tries (and fails) to fix all of his problems by throwing gobs of money around... This has been proven at every place he has been a GM.. this and failure..

A) keep guessing :)

B) so you actually wish Henry was a Bomber? I thought Desjardins did the Bombers a huge favor by taking him.

Oh god no.. He's a washed up bra wearing ******. I just seriously dislike a GM who's only go to move is to throw money at everything in hopes that buying a player will fix the woes. Drafting, scouting and supplementing roster with FAs when need be is my ideal GM. Dejardin (who might as well b called déjà vu at this point) is the opposite of that..

Him or Shea Emery - he's new and an easier target if he ends up mediocre like he was last year.

Shea Emry is a slightly more talented Ejiro Kuale, with the right passport. He'll make a half decent play once in awhile, but totally blow it by then taking a 15 yard roughing penalty.

But who are we going to designate as a target of bile for us?

Shea Emry is a slightly more talented Ejiro Kuale, with the right passport. He'll make a half decent play once in awhile, but totally blow it by then taking a 15 yard roughing penalty.

But who are we going to designate as a target of bile for us?

I'm hoping it will be a National.....the Internationals should be our best players.

Here's a scouting report on Hector:

"He measured in at only 6-3 this post-season which was a bit disappointing considering he was listed on the schools roster at 6-6.

Runs in the 4.6 range and has a little short area quickness for his size.

However, isn't overly sudden and is a strider who lacks the second gear needed to track the football.

Uses his size well to shield and will use his length to go get the football.

Impression: A nice size free agent, but is going to have a tough time separating in the NFL."

And another Hector scouting report:

Morehouse WR Derrick Hector is a tall athletic receiver at 6-4 215 lbs that has good size and uses his frame well to shield away opponents. He gets vertical on defenders and fights to make the reception. He also displays good eye/hand coordination and shows strong hands when making tough catches over the middle. Hector looks smooth coming out of his breaks but tends to get a little high sometimes when setting up his routes. He clutches the ball into his body on some intermediate routes and needs to work on consistently catching the ball more with his hands. He also needs to work on coming back to the quarterback on certain pass plays. Hector was one of the biggest receivers during the HBCU Bowl week and impressed NFL scouts in practices with how fluid he looked releasing off the line with quick top speed and also his burst when selling the deep route. Hector uses his size and strength to his advantage and gives good effort blocking downfield. He also showed his ability as a red zone threat consistently winning the jump ball battle against just about every defensive back he faced. Hector put up productive numbers considering the offense he played in and was also a two time all conference performer. A good pro day will increase his chances on receiving an opportunity in training camp. Hector has the size, speed and receiver skills to play at the next level and could be a good candidate as a fifth receiver. He will have to pull together a complete game in training camp and quickly adjust to better competition to give himself the best opportunity to make an active NFL roster or practice squad.

@DarrinBauming: Appears the #Bombers have added 6'4" 215lb receiver Derrick Hector (@Heck_Dawg), nephew of former NFL WR Lawyer Tillman.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs-PxzjHHk

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0FerGuz-0

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAxIfNNMnc

Does this mean that if Hector doesn't make the team, his uncle will sue?

Swiston and now pencer both albertans now.. Former bomber oline hopefuls getting a crack at roster spots in Calgary and deadmonton...

Shows just how watered down the Canadian OL talent pool is getting around the league.

Well exactly.. If they couldn't stick here... The worst oline in almost the past decade.. It's sad to imagine they get looks (even tfc type ones) elsewhere.. Guess a body is a body for a Dlineman to tee off on..

Swiston and now pencer both albertans now.. Former bomber oline hopefuls getting a crack at roster spots in Calgary and deadmonton...

Shows just how watered down the Canadian OL talent pool is getting around the league.

Well exactly.. If they couldn't stick here... The worst oline in almost the past decade.. It's sad to imagine they get looks (even tfc type ones) elsewhere.. Guess a body is a body for a Dlineman to tee off on..

When your problem was injury, not talent (like it is with both Swiston and Pencer) then you're going to get multiple looks at a high demand, low supply position. I think Swiston has a chance. Pencer is a write off as far as I'm concerned.

When your problem was injury, not talent (like it is with both Swiston and Pencer) then you're going to get multiple looks at a high demand, low supply position. I think Swiston has a chance. Pencer is a write off as far as I'm concerned.

I kind of got the impression that with Pencer it wasn't just the injuries, seems like he might have had a severe lack of give a damn as well. Swiston I'd agree that the injuries were the biggest culprit. 

Very excited for Swiston. Hoping he does well in Calgary, he's busted his ass to get healthy.

Out of all the guys we have seen come and go, I was sad Swiston was unable to land as depth at the very least..