Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Dan Clark just re-signed with the Riders. All of their oline issues have been solved.  B)

I was hoping he would re-sign with them. I am now hopeful he plays.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Hurl start for you guys. He will shore up the run game that's for sure.

Dan Clark just re-signed with the Riders. All of their oline issues have been solved.  B)

I for one am looking forward to seeing Hurl start for you guys. He will shore up the run game that's for sure.

Richie Hall and a healthy DL are going to shore up the run game more than anything...

Alex Hall signs with Roughriders

****!  Didn't realize he was even available.  Wonder why the Bombers didn't pursue?

We gave him a "no thank you" late in the season this year. His asking price was insane. It's funny now that I read reports that we were after him in the Regina media. If so, we could have had him already,

Not just Regina media:

#Roughriders sign defensive end Alex Hall. The #Bombers were hoping to snag him. #CFL

I stand corrected. Odd, because last year during one of the games shortly after Hall's NFL release, Irving commented that the Bombers had been in touch with Hall about possibly coming back and were floored by his asking price. He wanted a salary equivalent to John Chick. (We have since learned that is 200k per year), so the Bombers backed away.

Wonder what changed? Did Alex reduce his asking price significantly or did we just have more money to spend this year? Could be neither I suppose and the Riders gave him his ridiculous ask. I would love to hear what the Riders are paying him.

Alex Hall signs with Roughriders

****!  Didn't realize he was even available.  Wonder why the Bombers didn't pursue?

We gave him a "no thank you" late in the season this year. His asking price was insane. It's funny now that I read reports that we were after him in the Regina media. If so, we could have had him already,

Not just Regina media:

#Roughriders sign defensive end Alex Hall. The #Bombers were hoping to snag him. #CFL

I stand corrected. Odd, because last year during one of the games shortly after Hall's NFL release, Irving commented that the Bombers had been in touch with Hall about possibly coming back and were floored by his asking price. He wanted a salary equivalent to John Chick. (We have since learned that is 200k per year), so the Bombers backed away.

Wonder what changed? Did Alex reduce his asking price significantly or did we just have more money to spend this year? Could be neither I suppose and the Riders gave him his ridiculous ask. I would love to hear what the Riders are paying him.

Alex Hall may have had an aversion to playing his role in a Richie Hall defence, that doesn't necessarily let the DE's run wild.

Richie Hall and a healthy DL are going to shore up the run game more than anything...

I know. I was just slinging a little free agency mud for fun.  Both Hurl and Clark are backups anyway.

Well we knew the Riders were going to sign players at one point because they can't scout and are quite a bit short of a full roster. Just glad most of the signing are there own fringe players and other teams castoffs. Glad they didn't use the money to improve their club. Hall (if he can re-adapt to the CFL game) replaces Foley so that's a wash, and Emry was about as good as Kilgore last year. Despite some trumpeting by Rider fans today, I fail to see the improvement. Imo, they have done nothing to make themselves a better club thus far this offseason.

Well we knew the Riders were going to sign players at one point because they can't scout and are quite a bit short of a full roster. Just glad most of the signing are there own fringe players and other teams castoffs. Glad they didn't use the money to improve their club. Hall (if he can re-adapt to the CFL game) replaces Foley so that's a wash, and Emry was about as good as Kilgore last year. Despite some trumpeting by Rider fans today, I fail to see the improvement. Imo, they have done nothing to make themselves a better club thus far this offseason.

Seconded. Very very much agree. They haven't done much to improve and kind of just filled holes more then got better.. Losing FA so far..

Meh, I'd say moving from Foley and Kilgore (or whoever they had at MLB) to Emry and Hall is a big upgrade.

Other than that, they've retained depth similar to what we've brought in because we didn't have it in the first place.

Let's see how things keep unfolding, though.

Meh, I'd say moving from Foley and Kilgore (or whoever they had at MLB) to Emry and Hall is a big upgrade.

Other than that, they've retained depth similar to what we've brought in because we didn't have it in the first place.

The biggest changes the riders had to make IMO were on the coaching staff and scouting dept. Those are the changes that the fans are excited about. The riders have a pretty good team already, there weren't a lot of moves that had to be made.

The biggest changes the riders had to make IMO were on the coaching staff and scouting dept. Those are the changes that the fans are excited about. The riders have a pretty good team already, there weren't a lot of moves that had to be made.
I agree. Gonna be a dog fight in the west this year.

I agree. Gonna be a dog fight in the west this year.

I like the moves you guys have made. Outside of Bryant, none of them are earth shattering. BUT, Walters has a plan it appears and he is slowly putting the pieces together. The Bombers are going to be very much in the hunt this year. You already had a qb, rb and kicker from last year which was a good start. Are making moves to shore up the oline, which i'm sorry to say guys was really rough last year. Willy with more time means more points on the board which means more wins for you. You guys need to make some moves on the defensive side of the ball now. Hickman? I'm happy for you guys, its exciting when the team starts making moves, IN A GOOD WAY.

The biggest thing for the Riders is Durant being healthy. If he's good to go they're automatically a better team than they were to end the season. Remember their record before he got hurt? They've lost some depth this year sure, but that's always Tamans MO. They stay healthy they'll be a good team.