Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

It just sounds like he's going to stay in College or NFL as a DC, not come up here.

Still, you never know. He was DC for Cal when Tedford was the boss there.

True.  He just seems like a highly successful DC and also wants to stay around his family cause of his dad so I figured he'd probably stay down south.  Plus college coaches make a lot more money then ours do don't they?  I don't follow college ball much.

Back to the original topic of BC HC, rumours that Jeff Telford (??) close to being named HC. As an aside, he and Cortez worked together in Calgary...

They also worked together at Cal too.

Ya I may have misunderstood the tweets referring to Cal, and assumed it was Stampeders. I assume you guys are talking about some other American team?

IN 1992-97 he was the OC/QB coach in Fresno state, and 2002-2012  he was with the California Golden Bears.  Cortez was only there for one year, in 2006

You guys don't read my blog articles often enough. George Cortez was at Cal for 4 years and worked with Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers there. Even won the Las Vegas Bowl game with Joe Ayoob as the QB in the transition year after Rodgers. 

Jeff Tedford was in the CFL for 5 seasons with 4 teams and on the Stampeders coaching staff for 3 years alongside Wally Buono, John Hufnagel and Tom Higgins. He left at the end of the 1991 season and Cortez joined the Stamps in 1992. 

http://blog.ridleyscouting.com/Kent_Ridley_Thoughts/My_Thoughts/Entries/2014/12/5_Ode_to_George_Cortez.html

You guys don't read my blog articles often enough. George Cortez was at Cal for 4 years and worked with Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers there. Even won the Las Vegas Bowl game with Joe Ayoob as the QB in the transition year after Rodgers. 

Jeff Tedford was in the CFL for 5 seasons with 4 teams and on the Stampeders coaching staff for 3 years alongside Wally Buono, John Hufnagel and Tom Higgins. He left at the end of the 1991 season and Cortez joined the Stamps in 1992. 

http://blog.ridleyscouting.com/Kent_Ridley_Thoughts/My_Thoughts/Entries/2014/12/5_Ode_to_George_Cortez.html

great article, thanks very much. there are some big fans of cortez here though. I thought that Tino was looking pretty good in the last game the roughriders played. pretty quick progress. 

Tedford was one of the guys the Cats turned to as a replacement for Dieter Brock back in 1985. I think he proved pretty quickly that he wasn't the answer.

Cats had a pretty interesting season that year. They started 1-6 but then they found Ken Hobart, who was a sub-50% passer who could run really well. With Hobart rambling all over the field they finished 8-8 and went to the Grey Cup.

Back to the original topic of BC HC, rumours that Jeff Telford (??) close to being named HC. As an aside, he and Cortez worked together in Calgary...

I think Tedford & Cortez had a falling out. He either left or was fired by Tedford. I don't think it ended nicely.

I think Tedford & Cortez had a falling out. He either left or was fired by Tedford. I don't think it ended nicely.

Yeah that still is interesting. Cortez 'left to pursue an NFL job' and wound up taking the Riders OL Coach vacancy.

Sounds like a hell of a coaching staff...

Yeah that still is interesting. Cortez 'left to pursue an NFL job' and wound up taking the Riders OL Coach vacancy.

Cal went through a few OCs during that time period. It's a tough gig to try and stay on top of a Power 5 conference. 

Why didn't you bring this up today? 

Cal went through a few OCs during that time period. It's a tough gig to try and stay on top of a Power 5 conference. 

Rids, why wasn't what  brought up?

There are some things that I just can't remember at my old age, Kent.

There are some things that I just can't remember at my old age, Kent.

Me too- like the 60's,70's and 80's......

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: Have learned the Riders made an offer to Mike Benevides to be Sask's defensive coordinator. No decision yet from Benevides. #CFL

@ArashMadani: Per #CFL sources: Mike Benevides won't make a decision on his future until the new year. Sask willing to stay patient for a couple of weeks.

this is not far from possiblity....

Benevides signs with Riders as DC. Hall stays with the Riders organization as STC perhaps. Of course, Claybrooks will not leave the Stamps.

So who's left for us?

They haven't fire Dyce - he's still listed as STC on their website. And when has Hall ever coached special teams?

Benevides signs with Riders as DC. Hall stays with the Riders organization as STC perhaps. Of course, Claybrooks will not leave the Stamps.

So who's left for us?

They haven't fire Dyce - he's still listed as STC on their website. And when has Hall ever coached special teams?

Does Dyce ever coach ST when he took the job? And do you realize that Hall was a punt returner before?

So who's left for us?

Does Dyce ever coach ST when he took the job? And do you realize that Hall was a punt returner before?

Yes Dyce had some experience with coaching special teams from when he was here. Being a punt returner doesn't mean Hall can effectively coach ST. 

So who's left for us?

Yes Dyce had some experience with coaching special teams from when he was here. Being a punt returner doesn't mean Hall can effectively coach ST. 

Making Hall a ST coordinator would be an insult.