Whatever happened to...

Zontar

I think you are mixed up with Jake Edwards (radio DJ) but if that was a joke, sorry for ruining it.

This may be my mind playing tricks on me but i swear i heard at one point, Rod Black and Lisa Best were an item.

Rod Black apparently was quite the ladies man back in his day.

I've heard the same. My buddy who grew up with Rod Black told me Rod would go to socials and always leave with another guy's girlfriend. Guys hated him, but the women couldn't resist him.

With his advanced knowledge of figure skating and saying "wicked.." why wouldnt they?!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gbill2004" data-cid="95500" data-time="1416338643"><p><p>We might be Eskimo brothers then

What?
my internet browser appears to be too old to quote things properly. Way trying to quote you about someone going after younger blondes.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gbill2004" data-cid="95500" data-time="1416338643"><p><p>We might be Eskimo brothers then

What?
my internet browser appears to be too old to quote things properly. Way trying to quote you about someone going after younger blondes.
Yes you and Sam Katz can be creepy old men together.

Posters who I miss or wish would post more are...

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

And in the life isnt fair category, Ritch "3rd down" dowrey.. Such a sad story..

Yeah, in a lot of ways it would have been better if that sucker punch to Rich would have killed him as his quality of life isn't very good now. Hate saying that...

You should hate saying that...

Rich was sucker punched from behind in a bar. The guy who did it ran out of the bar but was apprehended. Rich fell & his head hit the floor hard & he suffered a severely fractured skull. Along with a fractured skull he suffered severe brain damage. He is in a special care facility now. He can't feed himself. He needs assistance going to the bathroom. He has limited communication skills. Rich was a prolific CFL poster, a huge Lions fan since 1954 & was a stockbroker in Vancouver. I feel so bad for the guy now & what he & his family are going thru. The life he knew is over. The prognosis is that he'll never recover or get any better. Yeah, it sounds cruel but what he's going thru now, is just so tragic. I didn't say I wanted him to die. I just said that in a lot of ways it would be better. 

One of my best childhood friends is in The Halvar Jonson Centre for Brain Injury because of a very similar incident. He doesn't even know who anyone is and forgets what  happened minutes after it happens. Constant care, he'll never get better or be who he was. Heartbreaking.

Lots of members stopped posting when the split happened. I wonder why? They aren't on either board. 

I am sort of new over here - what split are you referring to? I am still over on Our Bombers and sort of found this site by accident. Our Bombers appears to be on the downside at the moment just not sure why. I still post over on the Blue Bomber Forum but find this one a little more balanced.

Glad you're here BBRT.I remember you from Our Bombers. A lot of us have been banned at OB & can't post there anymore. Not that we'd want to anyway.

Hey BBRT.  Yes, I agree.  I'm going to give this site a try, been lurking for a bit.  Seem like a good bunch of folks and it's also 100% free of a certain poster who shall remain nameless!

Shank-you...er...thank you for giving this site a try! The mods here are first rate and the technology is always getting better. This site is the only site for me when it comes to all things Bombers.

Being a mod over at OB is a Shankless job, Man.

Whatever happened to Randolph Scott?

Randolph Scott retired and became active in the LA gay community. And if you don't believe that he was gay, you would probably also have a hard time accepting that Danny Kaye and Sir Laurence Olivier were a couple.

Nooooo....and all these years I thought that old cowpoke was a straight shooter!

What?
Yes you and Sam Katz can be creepy old men together.
Nah I'm in the prime of life

Randolph Scott retired and became active in the LA gay community. And if you don't believe that he was gay, you would probably also have a hard time accepting that Danny Kaye and Sir Laurence Olivier were a couple.

Nooooo....and all these years I thought that old cowpoke was a straight shooter!

Not sure if he was a "cow-poke".

Not sure if he was a "cow-poke".

I guess in reality he was more of a "man-poker".

Lots of members stopped posting when the split happened. I wonder why? They aren't on either board. 

I am sort of new over here - what split are you referring to? I am still over on Our Bombers and sort of found this site by accident. Our Bombers appears to be on the downside at the moment just not sure why. I still post over on the Blue Bomber Forum but find this one a little more balanced.

Hey BBRT.  Yes, I agree.  I'm going to give this site a try, been lurking for a bit.  Seem like a good bunch of folks and it's also 100% free of a certain poster who shall remain nameless!

I gave the mods over there an earful about him yesterday...lol. I post at both sites, as I have old friends at both, but I know who you mean and it is aggravating.

For whoever was asking about "the Paw" he is a frequent poster at BB.com.

People got banned at OB. I just left? I mean I've been suspended at the EP but who hasnt?

I was an infrequent poster at OB because I left when Nate was running amok, and just preferred BB.com for user-friendliness. It took me a while to find this site after the split. Didn't know about it until Mike made reference to it at BB.com. I am glad we have 2 sites for Bomber talk.

I think you are mixed up with Jake Edwards (radio DJ) but if that was a joke, sorry for ruining it.

This may be my mind playing tricks on me but i swear i heard at one point, Rod Black and Lisa Best were an item.

Rod Black apparently was quite the ladies man back in his day.

I've heard the same. My buddy who grew up with Rod Black told me Rod would go to socials and always leave with another guy's girlfriend. Guys hated him, but the women couldn't resist him.

With his advanced knowledge of figure skating and saying "wicked.." why wouldnt they?!

Honestly, i could be wrong but I thought rod black was in the park Pontiac commercials..

I came here because on the other site, I would generally look for certain people's posts as the "go-to" posts to read and that was mostly Mike's.  I think someone on here joked once that they had to wait for Mike to post before they could form their own opinion.  I like football and have an opinion but I dont know nearly enough about the finer points to analyze games and I found certain posters really had their finger on the pulse of the Bombers.  So when Mike started this site it was a no brainer to come over here.

I came here because on the other site, I would generally look for certain people's posts as the "go-to" posts to read and that was mostly Mike's.  I think someone on here joked once that they had to wait for Mike to post before they could form their own opinion.  I like football and have an opinion but I dont know nearly enough about the finer points to analyze games and I found certain posters really had their finger on the pulse of the Bombers.  So when Mike started this site it was a no brainer to come over here.

God if you listen to me, you're never going to learn anything. :lol:

Listen to people like JuranBoldenRules, voodoochylde, Booch, Rids and TBieber ... those are just a few of the guys I see as must read posters.