Whatever happened to...

Zontar

I came here because on the other site, I would generally look for certain people's posts as the "go-to" posts to read and that was mostly Mike's.  I think someone on here joked once that they had to wait for Mike to post before they could form their own opinion.  I like football and have an opinion but I dont know nearly enough about the finer points to analyze games and I found certain posters really had their finger on the pulse of the Bombers.  So when Mike started this site it was a no brainer to come over here.

God if you listen to me, you're never going to learn anything. :lol:

Listen to people like JuranBoldenRules, voodoochylde, Booch, Rids and TBieber ... those are just a few of the guys I see as must read posters.

Don't listen to Voodoo...he just THINKS he knows something about football because he played in high school like...a bagillion years ago.  In truth, he just sits in his office plotting the destruction of the world all day long.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go lock the door to my office.  And NO, it's not because I think he's going to come over here and punch me...pssshhh...

....his plans for me are more despicable than that....

O_O

I came here because on the other site, I would generally look for certain people's posts as the "go-to" posts to read and that was mostly Mike's.  I think someone on here joked once that they had to wait for Mike to post before they could form their own opinion.  I like football and have an opinion but I dont know nearly enough about the finer points to analyze games and I found certain posters really had their finger on the pulse of the Bombers.  So when Mike started this site it was a no brainer to come over here.

Listen to people like JuranBoldenRules, voodoochylde, Booch, Rids and TBieber ... those are just a few of the guys I see as must read posters.

haha yeah for sure, there are a few must reads.  One thing I noticed is there seems to be less game day chatter (I assume people are in the chat rooms?).  I watch games on delay and look forward to going through the threads to see what people were thinking during the game.

haha yeah for sure, there are a few must reads.  One thing I noticed is there seems to be less game day chatter (I assume people are in the chat rooms?).  I watch games on delay and look forward to going through the threads to see what people were thinking during the game.

We typically get anywhere from 30 - 40 people in the chat room for game days.   The chat room is a much better tool for discussion during the game.

The downside is you don't get to "relive" the game afterward in a forum thread.

I think you are mixed up with Jake Edwards (radio DJ) but if that was a joke, sorry for ruining it.

This may be my mind playing tricks on me but i swear i heard at one point, Rod Black and Lisa Best were an item.

Rod Black apparently was quite the ladies man back in his day.

I've heard the same. My buddy who grew up with Rod Black told me Rod would go to socials and always leave with another guy's girlfriend. Guys hated him, but the women couldn't resist him.

With his advanced knowledge of figure skating and saying "wicked.." why wouldnt they?!

Honestly, i could be wrong but I thought rod black was in the park Pontiac commercials..

Not that anyone can help taking shots at Rod Black. I follow Raptors too and the remote control gets busy when he adds his "valued" opinions. 

I think you are mixed up with Jake Edwards (radio DJ) but if that was a joke, sorry for ruining it.

This may be my mind playing tricks on me but i swear i heard at one point, Rod Black and Lisa Best were an item.

I've heard the same. My buddy who grew up with Rod Black told me Rod would go to socials and always leave with another guy's girlfriend. Guys hated him, but the women couldn't resist him.

With his advanced knowledge of figure skating and saying "wicked.." why wouldnt they?!

Honestly, i could be wrong but I thought rod black was in the park Pontiac commercials..

Laurie Mustard did some classic ads for an auto dealer back in the 80's but I can't remember who. Jim Gauthier?

Laurie Mustard did some classic ads for an auto dealer back in the 80's but I can't remember who. Jim Gauthier?

I remember the ads but don't remember the dealer to be absolutely certain.

Who was the guy that did the Steinbach Auto Dealers TV commercial?  He was a weatherman or something wasnt he?  I recall his name appearing on the barred list of a club I worked at...

Who was the guy that did the Steinbach Auto Dealers TV commercial?  He was a weatherman or something wasnt he?  I recall his name appearing on the barred list of a club I worked at...

Stan Kubichek. He worked at CKRC AM doing the drive home. Was also the weather guy at Global in the 80's. 

What happened to CKYs Peter Young? He was short and used to do the sports. Met him once and he was a real jerk.

He was GM of the Calgary Vipers. He quit & disappeared about 3 years ago. He gave Rod Black his start in broadcasting so that giant hairy pimple in the booth that we see & hear on TSN CFL broadcasts is on him.

What happened to Joey Gregorash?

I know that Joey was a popular rock DJ at CKY in the mid 60's to early 70's. He released this song in early 1971 & never went behind the mic on radio again in Winnipeg. I have no idea what he's doing today. He'd be pushing his 70's.

Joey rockin it in those videos. I'd like to see him do the halftime show at IGF next season for the Bombers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAfucyuZ50

I know that Joey was a popular rock DJ at CKY in the mid 60's to early 70's. He released this song in early 1971 & never went behind the mic on radio again in Winnipeg. I have no idea what he's doing today. He'd be pushing his 70's. 

Lives in the St James area near the Grace Hospital.  Buddy of mine lives next door.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAfucyuZ50

Lives in the St James area near the Grace Hospital.  Buddy of mine lives next door.

What's he up to these days? Retired? 

Lives in the St James area near the Grace Hospital. Buddy of mine lives next door.

What's he up to these days? Retired?

Can I get a signed Joey Gregorash Bomber jersey?

old timers might like this site and it's Facebook page

http://www.manitobamusicmuseum.com

Interesting site.

I had no idea that there is a real Lyle E Style:

http://www.manitobamusicmuseum.com/lyleestyle.htm

I wonder if he knows that Nate is taking his name in vain over at riderfans. Then again he might not care. Seems to be quite a character. From the faq on his website:

Is Lyle E Style his real name?

Lyle’s real name is Doug E Style but he legally had it changed when he turned 21. The reason he changed it is because while growing up he was tormented by classmates and peers by being called “Doggie Style”. When it got to the point that he started dating, things got worse and he was advised by a friend to change his name.

I think Lyle may be the father of my child, is he rich yet?

Style’s legal team have released this statement: “Mr. Style is neither rich nor accepting any paternity suits at this time or in the near future.”

How can I get Lyle to marry me?

Lyle is a legalized marriage commissioner or “Justice of the Peace” in Manitoba, Canada. If you would like to get married in Winnipeg or elsewhere in Manitoba, please email him at mrestyle@shaw.ca with details (when/where/etc).