Whatever happened to...

Zontar

The fact that we're basically at a point where Dave and I have replaced them as "keepers of the sanity", is a sad affair. You think WE get rude to some posters? Please...those guys invented the game.

It's cute how important you think you are.

you have NO idea...

They probably laugh to each other and mock us while sipping champagne and eating grey poupon.

The fact that we're basically at a point where Dave and I have replaced them as "keepers of the sanity", is a sad affair. You think WE get rude to some posters? Please...those guys invented the game.

you have NO idea...

They probably laugh to each other and mock us while sipping champagne and eating grey poupon.

Close...but straight whisky (...or craft beer...) 

Posters who I miss or wish would post more are...

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron - present

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside - disguised, but present

Virden's best - Avro Lancaster

Yea thats why i said wish would post more... Duh!

And yes to avro, another one I forgot..

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

And in the life isnt fair category, Ritch "3rd down" dowrey.. Such a sad story..

Yeah, in a lot of ways it would have been better if that sucker punch to Rich would have killed him as his quality of life isn't very good now. Hate saying that...

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

And in the life isnt fair category, Ritch "3rd down" dowrey.. Such a sad story..

Yeah, in a lot of ways it would have been better if that sucker punch to Rich would have killed him as his quality of life isn't very good now. Hate saying that...

You should hate saying that...

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

Rich was sucker punched from behind in a bar. The guy who did it ran out of the bar but was apprehended. Rich fell & his head hit the floor hard & he suffered a severely fractured skull. Along with a fractured skull he suffered severe brain damage. He is in a special care facility now. He can't feed himself. He needs assistance going to the bathroom. He has limited communication skills. Rich was a prolific CFL poster, a huge Lions fan since 1954 & was a stockbroker in Vancouver. I feel so bad for the guy now & what he & his family are going thru. The life he knew is over. The prognosis is that he'll never recover or get any better. Yeah, it sounds cruel but what he's going thru now, is just so tragic. I didn't say I wanted him to die. I just said that in a lot of ways it would be better. 

you have NO idea...

For the record, Noeller has the ego about these things, I'm just a simple ******* who likes to argue with people who say stupid things. 

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

Rich was sucker punched from behind in a bar. The guy who did it ran out of the bar but was apprehended. Rich fell & his head hit the floor hard & he suffered a severely fractured skull. Along with a fractured skull he suffered severe brain damage. He is in a special care facility now. He can't feed himself. He needs assistance going to the bathroom. He has limited communication skills. Rich was a prolific CFL poster, a huge Lions fan since 1954 & was a stockbroker in Vancouver. I feel so bad for the guy now & what he & his family are going thru. The life he knew is over. The prognosis is that he'll never recover or get any better. Yeah, it sounds cruel but what he's going thru now, is just so tragic. I didn't say I wanted him to die. I just said that in a lot of ways it would be better.

Iso, I believe most old schoolers here are aware of the entire situation. I also believe most of us dont believe in considering such an option when it pertains to life. It does suck that he is now incredibly diminished in functionality and what not but to suggest death would have been a better option...

At the very least, a topic for general discussion lol.

you have NO idea...

For the record, Noeller has the ego about these things, I'm just a simple ******* who likes to argue with people who say stupid things. 

Ya...let's blame the guy with the lowest self-esteem around, for having the ego....... #UnclePennyBags #DollaDollaDavid

-grumpy old man

-super duper negatron

-general taylor

-furbelly

-strongside

Iso, I believe most old schoolers here are aware of the entire situation. I also believe most of us dont believe in considering such an option when it pertains to life. It does suck that he is now incredibly diminished in functionality and what not but to suggest death would have been a better option...

At the very least, a topic for general discussion lol.

I didn't mean anything bad by it. Just that a guy like Rich, so full of life is in the state he's in now. I know he was looking forward to retirement as he was in his early 60's when this happened.  And that dirt bag who did this is probably free by now. A sad, sad situation. 

you have NO idea...

For the record, Noeller has the ego about these things, I'm just a simple ******* who likes to argue with people and say stupid things. 

You made a spelling error.  I fixed it for you.

;)

you have NO idea...

For the record, Noeller has the ego about these things, I'm just a simple ******* who likes to argue with people and say stupid things. 

You made a spelling error.  I fixed it for you.

;)

Impossible, I don't make errors

Nate is on Riderfans bashing all things Bombers. He'll stay until Lord Lyle sends some henchmen to silence him. :)

Yeah for those of us that lurk (even post there) it is about the only site that Nasty has not been banned from. However I think their patience is wearing thin over there. Nasty will take a post orientated toward a Rider issue and turn it around into a bash on the Bombers.

His prattle even for Rider Fans is getting a little thin!

Lots of members stopped posting when the split happened. I wonder why? They aren't on either board. 

I am sort of new over here - what split are you referring to? I am still over on Our Bombers and sort of found this site by accident. Our Bombers appears to be on the downside at the moment just not sure why. I still post over on the Blue Bomber Forum but find this one a little more balanced.

Lots of members stopped posting when the split happened. I wonder why? They aren't on either board. 

I am sort of new over here - what split are you referring to? I am still over on Our Bombers and sort of found this site by accident. Our Bombers appears to be on the downside at the moment just not sure why. I still post over on the Blue Bomber Forum but find this one a little more balanced.

Hey BBRT.  Yes, I agree.  I'm going to give this site a try, been lurking for a bit.  Seem like a good bunch of folks and it's also 100% free of a certain poster who shall remain nameless!

Hey BBRT.  Yes, I agree.  I'm going to give this site a try, been lurking for a bit.  Seem like a good bunch of folks and it's also 100% free of a certain poster who shall remain nameless!

Shank-you...er...thank you for giving this site a try! The mods here are first rate and the technology is always getting better. This site is the only site for me when it comes to all things Bombers.

How about GeeBrr? 

Definitely miss Matty. That guy was ****...used to talk to him a fair bit on FB about 4 years ago, but haven't heard from him in forever. I know he was more of a lurker on that other site toward the end, and wouldn't surprise me if he lurked around here...

It is interesting to follow the various sites. My first site was the old Total-CFL when guys like Mookie (Colin Unger) and lots of others (the guys that started the Stampeder and Rider Fans along with GWN and Nanook come to mind) were just getting their feet wet. It is great to see some of the old posters (from Colin's site) over here now.

I also remember Rich as I know some of the older longer term posters here had remarked about him. I had the chance to meet Rich a long time ago in Vancouver when I was staying at the Westin and the Grey Cup was in town.  In any event great to see some of the old names again (even if they are not really old!) :)