Unofficial Free Agent List

M.O.A.B.

Unamba played in Dunns spot did he not? 

People seem to be selling Sears short. Yeah the time he's missed to injury is a concern but for my money he might be the most talented player on the team. 

Washington is a talent too. People like to downplay his ability in the secondary because of the balls he's fumbled on punt returns, but the guy is a playmaker, you'd notice it if he were gone. 

Unamba played in Dunns spot did he not? 

People seem to be selling Sears short. Yeah the time he's missed to injury is a concern but for my money he might be the most talented player on the team. 

Washington is a talent too. People like to downplay his ability in the secondary because of the balls he's fumbled on punt returns, but the guy is a playmaker, you'd notice it if he were gone. 

Dunns spot was basically a coverage Linebacker just like the SAM wasn't it? 

And I'm not selling either short, I'm just saying that we wont be screwed if they left.

They are both exceptional players in my mind.... especially Sears

I like Brandon Boudreaux. I think him and Marvin Booker will form a good combination on our defensive ends.

I'd be more interested in Odell Willis, Ricky Foley, or Justin Hickman if we are going to bring in a free agent.  Whether any of those 3 actually make it to free agency is a different story.

I do still like Kashawn Fraser and Marvin Booker as well.

I have no interest in ever seeing Odell Willis play for us again.

I like Brandon Boudreaux. I think him and Marvin Booker will form a good combination on our defensive ends.

I'd be more interested in Odell Willis, Ricky Foley, or Justin Hickman if we are going to bring in a free agent.  Whether any of those 3 actually make it to free agency is a different story.

I do still like Kashawn Fraser and Marvin Booker as well.

I have no interest in ever seeing Odell Willis play for us again.

Curious as to why? He looks like he's matured a lot as a player. I'd love to have him back.

I definately like the guys we have over Odell... Booker and Fraser are going to be dominant ends for us next year... We don't need Willis

How can you say that? Look at the stats vs the run & the number of sacks we had. He would be a huge upgrade on our DL.

Using a player who is not good against the run and comparing it to a scheme that wont be here next year is not a good argument my friend

I definately like the guys we have over Odell... Booker and Fraser are going to be dominant ends for us next year... We don't need Willis

How can you say that? Look at the stats vs the run & the number of sacks we had. He would be a huge upgrade on our DL.

Using a player who is not good against the run and comparing it to a scheme that wont be here next year is not a good argument my friend

Sorry but it is. I'm sure every coach who was fired has said if they had talent they'd never lose. 

Iso, Vega and Peach were primarily the DE's last season... 

Also I suspect that our rush defence had a lot more to do with scheme and our DT's and LBer's than DE's.....

Anderson was out the majority of the year and was our only real big man on defence.

Plus, Peach and Vega are both primarily run stopping DE's anyway, and that really didn't help matters...

so to try and pin the blame on Fraser and Booker holds no ground whatsoever...

Sorry but it is. I'm sure every coach who was fired has said if they had talent they'd never lose. 

True, but if you think Odell being on this defense last year results in an extra win or two, you would be quite mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bad-mouth Labbe. He might be waiting on the other side of a speed trap some day.

Don't bad mouth Labbe because he was a solid loyal foot soldier. Loved that kid...

Not sure why anyone would bad mouth Labbe.  Second-last pick of the 2008 draft.  Most guys taken there are lucky to survive a single training camp.  He carved out a decent 6 year career.

Even if his bust will never be in the hall of fame, everything about his career greatly exceeded anyone's expectations.

No one was actually bad mouthing Labbe... I just don't want another career ST vet

Labbe, James Green, Tristan Black, etc... all great guys, just not good enough to start

We have Jones, Briggs, Sherman, Newman and likely two more draft picks this year - why even think of signing a 30 year old free agent

No one was actually bad mouthing Labbe... I just don't want another career ST vet

Labbe, James Green, Tristan Black, etc... all great guys, just not good enough to start

We have Jones, Briggs, Sherman, Newman and likely two more draft picks this year - why even think of signing a 30 year old free agent

Why?  Because 20 of the 44 players on the gameday roster are backups and special teamers.  So if a guy is really good in that role, you consider it.  Being not good enough to be a starter does not equate zero value to a club.

If your starters aren't good enough to be starters, that's a big concern.