Unofficial Free Agent List

M.O.A.B.

I'd much rather bring back Phillip Hunt or Alex Hall than Odell Willis.

Plus Philip Hunt or Alex Hall will come in cheaper than Odell Willis at this point.

If Alex Hall wanted to come back to the CFL he'd be here already.  He'll exhaust every slim chance he has at 32 NFL rosters before he locks himself into a CFL contract for 2 more seasons.  And probably the same for Hunt, who has the added concern of his knee injury.

No one was actually bad mouthing Labbe... I just don't want another career ST vet

Labbe, James Green, Tristan Black, etc... all great guys, just not good enough to start

We have Jones, Briggs, Sherman, Newman and likely two more draft picks this year - why even think of signing a 30 year old free agent

Why?  Because 20 of the 44 players on the gameday roster are backups and special teamers.  So if a guy is really good in that role, you consider it.  Being not good enough to be a starter does not equate zero value to a club.

If your starters aren't good enough to be starters, that's a big concern.

Why?  Because Jones, Sherman, Briggs, Cornell and Newman all have more potential to be starters than a 30 year old journeyman...  not too many ST/Backup LB/DB spots left

So the roster for 2015 is set?  No spots left in the approx 80 guys we'll bring to camp?

I have no specific interest in Black, but dismissing him because he's "another Labbe type" is terrible reasoning.  Another Labbe type?  I hope we find several of those for this team.  Unheralded quality NIs who do whatever is asked of them and go to war for you without eating up a huge chunk of cap space?  Every team wants guys like that on their roster.

So the roster for 2015 is set?  No spots left in the approx 80 guys we'll bring to camp?

I have no specific interest in Black, but dismissing him because he's "another Labbe type" is terrible reasoning.  Another Labbe type?  I hope we find several of those for this team.  Unheralded quality NIs who do whatever is asked of them and go to war for you without eating up a huge chunk of cap space?  Every team wants guys like that on their roster.

So the guys I listed won't 'do whatever is asked of them'?

Sorry, but I'll take Derek Jones and Teague Sherman over Tristan Black and Labbe any day.

We already have Dan West and Tim Cronk, there's your Labbes...

Sorry, but I'll take Derek Jones and Teague Sherman over Tristan Black and Labbe any day.

I thought you said you weren't bad mouthing him.  You really seem to have extremely low regard for what he did.

I'd much rather bring back Phillip Hunt or Alex Hall than Odell Willis.

Plus Philip Hunt or Alex Hall will come in cheaper than Odell Willis at this point.

If Alex Hall wanted to come back to the CFL he'd be here already.  He'll exhaust every slim chance he has at 32 NFL rosters before he locks himself into a CFL contract for 2 more seasons.  And probably the same for Hunt, who has the added concern of his knee injury.

One season - remember no more option year on contracts.

Labbe was a better player than any of those other guys you mentioned.

Labbe was a better player than any of those other guys you mentioned.

In Joe Mack's mind maybe... Sherman has already proven he's better than Labbe, Jones will seal the deal this year