Semi Final Sunday

Zontar

Long offseason of second guessing and recrimination for Canada's team.

Lawless's assertion that Durant bailed is heresy in Prider land of course but so much time for the story to hash itself out. Chamblin and Rider braintrust will be under the gun for starting KJ and keeping him in the game even after 5  picks. All that money spent last year and now what ,where did O-line go ?

Lawless's assertion that Durant bailed is heresy in Prider land of course but so much time for the story to hash itself out. Chamblin and Rider braintrust will be under the gun for starting KJ and keeping him in the game even after 5  picks. All that money spent last year and now what ,where did O-line go ?

First I heard that. Do you have a link? Love to read it.

First I heard that. Do you have a link? Love to read it.

He was blathering on about it in the TSN pregame show. 

A lot of Lawless type stuff where he takes his opinion and states it as fact. Threw Durant under the bus pretty good saying he was physically ready to play but chickened out and screwed the riders over in the process. I didn't pay too much attention but it was something like that. Guy is in love with his own bizarre ideas. 

A lot of Lawless type stuff where he takes his opinion and states it as fact. Threw Durant under the bus pretty good saying he was physically ready to play but chickened out and screwed the riders over in the process. I didn't pay too much attention but it was something like that. Guy is in love with his own bizarre ideas.

and cheesburgers

Somebody has been watching too much ESPN and his name starts with a "G" and ends in "ary."

Taman may not be his friend anymore after that one.

Somebody has been watching too much ESPN and his name starts with a "G" and ends in "ary."

Taman may not be his friend anymore after that one.

Taman probably hasn't tried the prime rib sub yet...I sense a kiss and make up lunch date...

Wow, he says that about a player? He's lucky anyone wants to talk to him. I'm no Durant fan but I doubt he'd not play if he could. 

Yeah he went on about how it was Durant that put the Riders in a bad position. I rolled my eyes pretty hard, my assessment of the situation based on what I read was that Durant pushed himself hard this week and found out that he wasn't ready to play, nothing out of the ordinary there, guy tried and wasn't ready. The Riders should have known that was a possibility. Just a complete assclown Lawless is trying to create controversy out of nothing. Durant is the Riders MVP and this last half of the season by them proves it. Without him they're nothing. 

According to @CFLDaily: "Edmonton beat Winnipeg 68-7 in 1996 for the largest playoff victory in #CFL history. This currently is the 3rd largest."

Yeah, the field in Edmonton was frozen and like an ice field.

Edmonton just happened to have better footwear (with screws?) and could cut on a dime, where we were slipping and sliding all over the field.

Having an onside gunner might not be terrible if you can find a punter with a lot of hang time

Question..

Onside "gunner" decides to not go for ball but balls to the wall to hit the return man.. As he is onside there is no 5 yard budget zone... Technically speaking couldn't this play be one designed to just tee the bleep off on the return man?

I did not watch the BC Game but Crompton is a competent guy and at least he has the physical tools to get the job done.   Glenn choked yet again so in hindsight...  the guy should be relegated as a backup forever...

I did watch the Saskatchewan game and I am curious on where the "Boy does Taman look like  genius" for bringing back Joseph person is?   

Absolutely god awful qb'ing by Kerry Joseph on pick 3 he had a guy wide open right in front of his line of sight....yet he tosses it deep to a guy in triple coverage?

Nicholls is Alex Brink in an Eskimo jersey....  he had guys wide open also and couldn't even make a 15 yard pass without it hitting the dirt.   Colossal mistake by Edmonton on dumping Crompton for this guy.    

As much as I enjoyed Edmonton play calling... why in the world did they not continue to run the ball down Sask's throat? They had great success in the first quarter and yet they went to the air with Nicholls who couldn't hit anything.  

All around ugly game love watching the Riders embarass themselves and Calgary should easily dispose of Edmonton next week.

Wow, he says that about a player? He's lucky anyone wants to talk to him. I'm no Durant fan but I doubt he'd not play if he could. 

Yeah he went on about how it was Durant that put the Riders in a bad position. I rolled my eyes pretty hard, my assessment of the situation based on what I read was that Durant pushed himself hard this week and found out that he wasn't ready to play, nothing out of the ordinary there, guy tried and wasn't ready. The Riders should have known that was a possibility. Just a complete assclown Lawless is trying to create controversy out of nothing. Durant is the Riders MVP and this last half of the season by them proves it. Without him they're nothing. 

IMO, the Riders were very much like us this year. A team that wasn't as good as it's first half record would suggest. Personally, I believe that Durant or no Durant the Riders would have gone into a skid in the 2nd half of the season and ended up third in the West. Durant is valuable to them, but the Riders really had a lot more areas of their team looking awful in the 2nd half than their QB. A very strong argument could be made that they were the worst team in the CFL over the final 7 games. They were barely competitive over that stretch. Injured starting QB or not, they looked worse than any team should that lost it's starting QB. I believe that they will be undergoing a rebuild process this offseason...or at least should do so. Knowing Taman he will wait for the team to really bottom out. I predict a 5 win season for the Riders next year if they choose not to rebuild and 5-7 if they do.

Re : Lawless

Normally you have to be skeptical with such accusastions from a columnist because its his job to be provocative. But such a serious accusation like a player bailing on a team before a playoff game is so severe me thinks there might be something to it.

Presumably Lawless wants to preserve his info pipelines and his little tv time he gets (all newspaper hacks want TV gigs) seems more farfetched he would risk all that if there wasnt a kernel of truth here.

Basically to sum this game up as someone on rf said, Edmonton didn't deserve to win, and Saskatchewan didn't even deserve to make the playoffs in the first place.

In some ways, I'm shocked this game was so close, and in others, I'm not. Riders defence bailed us out. Had it not been for them, Edmonton would have scored more points. But then again, they would have scored less points had it not been for the countless turnovers.

This was the battle of two hopeless teams. I already had a feeling that whoever won this would be smoked by Calgary. And I stand by that. Calgary has had extra time to rest their players and practice before the game. Meanwhile Edmonton is rusty and had to aggravate Reilly's injury by putting him in the game, and doesn't have enough time to prepare. Heck, I don't even think they were prepared for this game.

Calgary and Montreal in the Grey Cup.

I was laughing so hard at the BC game my wife came to see if I was watching Monty Python. Glenn, and the whole BC offense, was comical. Shitty game from a football standpoint, but funny as hell.

Ecm/Sask was a shitty game as well.

But that kinda fits the season. Aside from the Bombers being awful, this was a crappy year football wise.

Basically to sum this game up as someone on rf said, Edmonton didn't deserve to win,

What a load of crap. As an effective and dominant def. game from EDM one can reasonably expect. Rider braintrust including teflon Chamblin had no answer for it. EDM's missed FGs made it clsoer than it should of have been.

Basically to sum this game up as someone on rf said, Edmonton didn't deserve to win,

What a load of crap. As an effective and dominant def. game from EDM one can reasonably expect. Rider braintrust including teflon Chamblin had no answer for it. EDM's missed FGs made it clsoer than it should of have been.

To say Edmonton deserved the win is a bit much. Missing the field goals wasn't the issue, not getting the ball in the endzone instead of needing field goals was. 4 points off 5 turnovers was pathetic. Reminded me of the Sask/Wpg Grey cup a few years back with both teams putting a dismal performance on the filed, just Sask was worse this time around.