Starting 3 Canadian receivers next season?

gbill2004

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I don't think we can count on Watson to stay healthy and productive. Denmark/Moore/Kohlert/JFG and Chris Matthews or a new import receiver would be perfectly fine with me. Honestly, there really wasn't any reason for guys like Romby and Kelly to be starting over JFG this year.

There's no question that all three current NI receivers can catch the ball.  But are they doing enough to get separation from the defender?   This seemed to be an overriding issue this season which I believe lead to some of our sack problems.  

This would be my concern as well, I'd rather get a 3rd american in there who can play at the level of a guy like Denmark, or close to it. Would help the offense more than the ratio flexibility would help the defense. 

You know, it really doesn't bother me what set of receivers are in the game as long as they make things happen.

Of course there has to be talent there, and if we find that elusive receiver we've been looking for, then no problem, but with a healthy Moore and the dynamic Denmark, we could do very well with the receivers we have.

But it can only be done with a better grasp of moving the ball around and a much better balanced offence.

We would need an impact receiver brought in. Doubt it`s Demski because our needs are obvious at OL. The trio of JFG, Watson, and Kohlert would not scare me if I were the opposition. Not sure the Bombers could pull this off, so I doubt we see it happen.

From what I've read about the 2015 draft class, it looks much deeper at OL than receiver. If Demski is head and shoulders above the next receiver in this class, he might be worth our 1st rounder. We could still get a quality OL in the next round.

We would need an impact receiver brought in. Doubt it`s Demski because our needs are obvious at OL. The trio of JFG, Watson, and Kohlert would not scare me if I were the opposition. Not sure the Bombers could pull this off, so I doubt we see it happen.

From what I've read about the 2015 draft class, it looks much deeper at OL than receiver. If Demski is head and shoulders above the next receiver in this class, he might be worth our 1st rounder. We could still get a quality OL in the next round.

Speaking in generalities, the chances of us getting a receiver who can start in the first round and an Olineman who can start in the second round in 2015 seems higher than the reverse.  Two starters instead of a starter and a backup?  I'd prefer that.

Now there's still college games to play, free agency, ecamp and other things that will influence the standings of players and our needs.  Maybe there is an absolute must-have Olineman that we can't pass on.  As of right now, that cream has not risen and there doesn't seem to be much separation, and we pretty much need anything and everything.

On paper the trio of Fantuz, Getzlaf and Bagg probably didn't scare the opposition at first back in '08.  Line them up with Dressler, Matt Dominguez, Prechae Rodriguez, guys like that, it can work.

A lot of not scary NIs on the Bomber roster had pretty decent seasons this year.  I'm willing to give these guys opportunities.

On paper the trio of Fantuz, Getzlaf and Bagg probably didn't scare the opposition at first back in '08.  Line them up with Dressler, Matt Dominguez, Prechae Rodriguez, guys like that, it can work.

A lot of not scary NIs on the Bomber roster had pretty decent seasons this year.  I'm willing to give these guys opportunities.

It's just flat out unfair to compare Fantuz to the guys we have. He was always seen as a better player than all of them. 

It's just flat out unfair to compare Fantuz to the guys we have. He was always seen as a better player than all of them. 

And the other 2?  No one trembled at the idea of the Riders starting 3 NI receivers.  But it worked.

Fantuz was a highly touted top ranked pick.  So is Demski.  Bagg was an undrafted longshot.  Sounds a bit like Feoli-G.  Kohlert put up more yards this year than Getzlaf.  Cory Watson 2015 = Corey Grant 2007?

Feoli-G put up 210 yards in very limited use this year, the first where anyone tried to use him as a receiver.  Getzlaf put up 247 in his first year.

The guys I know who are involved in amateur football speak pretty highly of Goodrich.  Comparisons to Demski are made.  Land him with an exemption and let him learn on the PR, keep Carter in the mix, and maybe look at a free agent.

Rather than dismissing the idea just because they are NIs, like we always do, I'm opening up my mind to the idea and realizing we might not be far away from being able to do it.