Starting 3 Canadian receivers next season?

gbill2004

Don't count out Goodrich either.

Key point. Goodrich is as good of a prospect as Demski in terms of talent. He could be a very good CFL player.

I like JFG and Kohlert, I don't think Watson has enough good plays left in him to be a main target.

What's the story on Goodrich? Will he be in TC next year?

When O'Shea was talking about this on CJOB he mentioned how Watson stayed healthy the second half of the season. Maybe he's on some type of new training regimen where they're more confident in him staying healthy.

sure he stayed healthy, but he wasn't nearly the same presence. I think we should see if Ottawa would give us 10th overall for him and take Demski second overall... Sign Goodrich and Keep Carter and Renaud around for depth.

I'll send Watson to Hamilton for the rights to Gill. That will solidify the NI DT spot with Gill and Thomas. Gill will be the eventual starter with Thomas as backup.

And when Bilukidi and Mulumba chose to go CFL, then we could see the interior of the DL filled by Canadians.

Key point. Goodrich is as good of a prospect as Demski in terms of talent. He could be a very good CFL player.

I like JFG and Kohlert, I don't think Watson has enough good plays left in him to be a main target.

What's the story on Goodrich? Will he be in TC next year?

When O'Shea was talking about this on CJOB he mentioned how Watson stayed healthy the second half of the season. Maybe he's on some type of new training regimen where they're more confident in him staying healthy.

he stayed healthy but how many catches did he have? He was pretty invisible most of the last half of the season. 

So very early to begin talking about how our NI roster will shape up next year. I am sure that MOS and the staff have had the discussion out of due diligence but without knowing who's staying, going, or will be signed/drafted this discussion is really just flapping your gums at this point.

There are so many variables that can play out still. An example is what if we lose Sears to the NFL? I would bet that we would start  Newman and Leggett at Safety and SAM thus creating a 2nd legit NI on D. Heck, Bilikudi and Mulumba could be signed and we have 3 or 4 quality NI starters on D.  If this is the case, we would be kinda stupid to go with 3 NI receivers. There are so many what ifs that can be rolled out right now that any suggestion that our coaches have any concrete roster plan for next year would kinda be stupid and inflexible. Too many dominoes still to fall.

That's what I thought, completely assbackward thinking that has resulted in all the losing seasons we have experienced.

And what exactly did we win

Stegall, Armstrong, Edwards & Bryant.....you have memory issues?

when we had these guys in the lineup?

What exactly have we won in any of the last 24 seasons, all 24 of which we didn't start 3 NI's at receiver?

Guess they had too much maple syrup available during the breakfast buffets - they got infected with Canadiana.  Terrible disease.  Another losing season brought on by damaging the purity of our southern receivers with domestic food choices.

I got it.  You're lining up 7 NI's at center.  Pyramid formation or totem?  Not sure which is the traditional use.

Hopefully when Walters and OShea get together and address how they want to handle the ratio next season they also list retired import receivers.

"So should we pursue this free agent nose tackle, draft one high, or roll with Lucas and Thomas next season?"

"Bobby Gordon."

"Uhh, okay, do we have a report as to whether or not Graig Newman will be game ready by May?"

"James Murphy."

"Thanks.  Well, how about Bucknor?  Bring in another guy or leave him as the starter and Alexander backing him?"

"Perry Tuttle.  You have memory issues Walters?  Jeff Boyd.  This is so freaking easy."

So very early to begin talking about how our NI roster will shape up next year. I am sure that MOS and the staff have had the discussion out of due diligence but without knowing who's staying, going, or will be signed/drafted this discussion is really just flapping your gums at this point.

There are so many variables that can play out still. An example is what if we lose Sears to the NFL? I would bet that we would start  Newman and Leggett at Safety and SAM thus creating a 2nd legit NI on D. Heck, Bilikudi and Mulumba could be signed and we have 3 or 4 quality NI starters on D.  If this is the case, we would be kinda stupid to go with 3 NI receivers. There are so many what ifs that can be rolled out right now that any suggestion that our coaches have any concrete roster plan for next year would kinda be stupid and inflexible. Too many dominoes still to fall.

Of course.  They can, should and will explore all options for putting the best combination of 16 imports, 7 NIs and 1 QB on the field.  And they won't be so close-minded as to rule possibilities out 5 months before they even have the players assembled.

Probably the best territorial exemption we've had a chance at since I can remember.

Equivalent of an additional first rounder in the CFL Draft, in my opinion.

Probably the best territorial exemption we've had a chance at since I can remember.

The fellows whose knowledge I defer to because they are infinitely more familiar with amateur football in this province said he was the second best receiving talent to come out of Manitoba behind Demski.  How much of that is hyperbole?  Couldn't say, but I certainly would not be in a position to argue with them.

So it certainly sounds like we'd potentially be landing the equivalent of a free first round pick if we pulled something like that off.  But he's not on our roster yet.

That's what I thought, completely assbackward thinking that has resulted in all the losing seasons we have experienced.

You do not play nonimports at skill positions unless they are Cornish-like freaks. You play them where they traditionally belong and that is the real problem which needs to be addressed, not haired brained ideas to try to cope.

*cough* Enoch Muamba *cough* *cough* Matt Bucknor *cough*

Pretty non-traditional thinking got these guys pretty far already...

Maybe the old way of doing things is wrong in today's CFL.. just like how an undersized LB core used to be more effective then a big one due to small scatbacks and more receiver sets... Now, we see more bruising backs and less scatbacks and bigger blockers so undersized LBs are not cutting it... Can't force tradition to work in the cfl.. The game changes almost on a season to season basis it seems..

And what exactly did we win

Stegall, Armstrong, Edwards & Bryant.....you have memory issues?

when we had these guys in the lineup?

What exactly have we won in any of the last 24 seasons, all 24 of which we didn't start 3 NI's at receiver?

Guess they had too much maple syrup available during the breakfast buffets - they got infected with Canadiana.  Terrible disease.  Another losing season brought on by damaging the purity of our southern receivers with domestic food choices.

I got it.  You're lining up 7 NI's at center.  Pyramid formation or totem?  Not sure which is the traditional use.

Hopefully when Walters and OShea get together and address how they want to handle the ratio next season they also list retired import receivers.

"So should we pursue this free agent nose tackle, draft one high, or roll with Lucas and Thomas next season?"

"Bobby Gordon."

"Uhh, okay, do we have a report as to whether or not Graig Newman will be game ready by May?"

"James Murphy."

"Thanks.  Well, how about Bucknor?  Bring in another guy or leave him as the starter and Alexander backing him?"

"Perry Tuttle.  You have memory issues Walters?  Jeff Boyd.  This is so freaking easy."

Well we haven't won anything even with those loaded receiving corps but we did contend and injuries played a big part in deciding things like they always do. But's it's not my problem if you prefer Watson, JFG & Kolhort over Stegall, Armstrong & Edwards, you just continue to ignore the real problems.

The fellows whose knowledge I defer to because they are infinitely more familiar with amateur football in this province said he was the second best receiving talent to come out of Manitoba behind Demski. How much of that is hyperbole? Couldn't say, but I certainly would not be in a position to argue with them.

So it certainly sounds like we'd potentially be landing the equivalent of a free first round pick if we pulled something like that off. But he's not on our roster yet.

It's true. Demski was a running back though. Switched to slot to get him on the field cause Coombs took the job at U of M. Both naturally gifted football players, Demski is only in year 2 as a full-time receiver. Not exactly sure what happened with Goodrich at U of M, but worked out better for the Bombers that he didn't last and wasn't draft eligible.

The fellows whose knowledge I defer to because they are infinitely more familiar with amateur football in this province said he was the second best receiving talent to come out of Manitoba behind Demski.  How much of that is hyperbole?  Couldn't say, but I certainly would not be in a position to argue with them.

So it certainly sounds like we'd potentially be landing the equivalent of a free first round pick if we pulled something like that off.  But he's not on our roster yet.

Goodrich was given a chance earlier this year, and if not for an injury, would be on the roster instead of Carter.

Expect Goodrich again next Bombers TC.