Starting 3 Canadian receivers next season?

gbill2004

Terrible idea, if you can't find Internationals better than all 3 of those guys then you are in the wrong line of work.

So the ratio doesn't apply to the Bombers?

You've made it sound like you are familiar with the CFL in the past, but these rules sound like they are new to you.

Let me guess, we'll line up 7 NI's at center.

Terrible idea, if you can't find Internationals better than all 3 of those guys then you are in the wrong line of work.

You've made it sound like you are familiar with the CFL in the past, but these rules sound like they are new to you.

Stegall, Armstrong, Edwards & Bryant.....you have memory issues?

All non-imports.  Thanks for solving the ratio problem by listing retired import players.

All non-imports.  Thanks for solving the ratio problem by listing retired import players.

Like whoever suggested this idea to begin with, you are looking at the problem from the wrong angle.

I see we have to start over.

We already start 6, 3 on the oline, 3 on defence, we only need 1 more at receiver. WTF would you want to start 3 at receiver?

We already start 6, 3 on the oline, 3 on defence, we only need 1 more at receiver. WTF would you want to start 3 at receiver?

Yes, "we" should.  Maybe go look at a depth chart and count again.

Yes, "we" should.  Maybe go look at a depth chart and count again.

What are you talking about please explain?

It's entirely possible starting Thomas & Sherman next year doesn't appeal to them, and they think this is a better option.

What three did you have in mind for D next season?

And to the most important part:

Why would you want to start 3 at receiver?

(edited "the ****" out, but I'm so impressed that you know those grown-up words)

Because it opens up options.  Like starting 4 imports on the Dline, or 5 in the secondary.  What combination of 16 imports and 7 non-imports is the strongest team we can field?

And no one is "wanting" to do anything right now.  The season hasn't even ended.  We don't know what players will be available in free agency or what our roster will look like in May 2015.  We're discussing options for the ratio.  Because it sounded like OShea was open to the idea.

Open-minded.  The opposite of closed-minded.  The opposite of you.

That's what I thought, completely assbackward thinking that has resulted in all the losing seasons we have experienced.

You do not play nonimports at skill positions unless they are Cornish-like freaks. You play them where they traditionally belong and that is the real problem which needs to be addressed, not haired brained ideas to try to cope.

We would need an impact receiver brought in. Doubt it`s Demski because our needs are obvious at OL. The trio of JFG, Watson, and Kohlert would not scare me if I were the opposition. Not sure the Bombers could pull this off, so I doubt we see it happen.

On paper the trio of Fantuz, Getzlaf and Bagg probably didn't scare the opposition at first back in '08.  Line them up with Dressler, Matt Dominguez, Prechae Rodriguez, guys like that, it can work.

A lot of not scary NIs on the Bomber roster had pretty decent seasons this year.  I'm willing to give these guys opportunities.

It's just flat out unfair to compare Fantuz to the guys we have. He was always seen as a better player than all of them. 

And the other 2?  No one trembled at the idea of the Riders starting 3 NI receivers.  But it worked.

Fantuz was a highly touted top ranked pick.  So is Demski.  Bagg was an undrafted longshot.  Sounds a bit like Feoli-G.  Kohlert put up more yards this year than Getzlaf.  Cory Watson 2015 = Corey Grant 2007?

Feoli-G put up 210 yards in very limited use this year, the first where anyone tried to use him as a receiver.  Getzlaf put up 247 in his first year.

The guys I know who are involved in amateur football speak pretty highly of Goodrich.  Comparisons to Demski are made.  Land him with an exemption and let him learn on the PR, keep Carter in the mix, and maybe look at a free agent.

Rather than dismissing the idea just because they are NIs, like we always do, I'm opening up my mind to the idea and realizing we might not be far away from being able to do it.

well I'm not going to get into discussing players we don't have on the roster, but the fact that Fantuz was and is better than all 3 that we currently have is kind of the key point here. Get a NI who can play at the level of an I like Fantuz did and it makes it easier right? You need one of those guys to be able to be a reliable go to type, none of ours are that. Watson might have been but with all the time on the IR he isn't. So yeah your comparison to the Riders back then is off by quite a bit. 

Guess they are just discussing options right now and if the depth is there, maybe this option isn't that  bad at all. 

Not like our american receivers were getting that open this year so i mean, if you can get similar production from your Canadians, why not.

Right now i think is a good time to be discussing this, that's all they are doing, keeping an open mind. Exploring some options. 

Guess they are just discussing options right now and if the depth is there, maybe this option isn't that  bad at all. 

Not like our american receivers were getting that open this year so i mean, if you can get similar production from your Canadians, why not.

Right now i think is a good time to be discussing this, that's all they are doing, keeping an open mind. Exploring some options. 

Exactly. Doesn't necessarily mean we start 3 NI receivers at all times either. Could be a set we see to allow Anderson and Turner on the field at the same time or something along those lines. They have to be able to create different packages to get certain guys on and off the field.

Guess they are just discussing options right now and if the depth is there, maybe this option isn't that bad at all.

Exactly. O'Shea said they were discussing the idea. Didn't sound like anything close to a for sure thing.

Guess they are just discussing options right now and if the depth is there, maybe this option isn't that bad at all.

Exactly. O'Shea said they were discussing the idea. Didn't sound like anything close to a for sure thing.

The simple fact they are even discussing it when you have entire off season to add to your club is disturbing, never mind they aren't even good enough to be starters if you want to be a contender. Where is that thread about Talent Evaluation because this would take the cake.