Mike O'Shea Now Has More Wins In His 1st Season Than Ritchie Did In His

USABomberfan

Yup I said it first.

And the 2014 Season finishes at 7-11

Long way to go for this team to improve, but this is still a big start.  I know, if only we hadn't laid that egg in Ottawa, or beaten the Leos last week, or managed to win one game vs Ssk or the last against Hamilton.  But hey, we're getting there as I've been saying all along.

And a Win is a win.

Let's take that Grey Cup in 2015

Well said... More then doubled the win total... Onward and upward.. Lots (and lots and lots!) of work to do but still progression over last year..

It's a process. To become an elite team, we're likely another two years away. Expectations will be for a playoff birth next year, especially with hosting the Grey Cup. We added good pieces last off-season. We'll do that again.

7-11 and competitive in most of the games on the year.... if we'd put that as an option at the start of the year people would have absolutely taken it. Disappointing to miss the playoffs but this season was a big step forward for this team. Make some good moves in the offseason and .500 or better should absolutely be attainable next year. 

7-11 and competitive in most of the games on the year.... if we'd put that as an option at the start of the year people would have absolutely taken it. Disappointing to miss the playoffs but this season was a big step forward for this team. Make some good moves in the offseason and .500 or better should absolutely be attainable next year. 

Considering (in my opinion anyway) that if Cotton plays the whole season we're likely 9-9, I'd say it's certainly attainable.

Considering (in my opinion anyway) that if Cotton plays the whole season we're likely 9-9, I'd say it's certainly attainable.

Yep, Cotton all season = 9-9. 

Any DC other than Etch = 11-7. 

and if Marve starts at QB. I don't know what happened to Drew Willy's accuracy but he wasn't the same guy that started the season. He's got to work on being more consistent or Marve is going to take his job.

how many times do we have to go over it? He's hurt... Banged hand, shoulder, ankle... Maybe more.

and if Marve starts at QB.  I don't know what happened to Drew Willy's accuracy but he wasn't the same guy that started the season.  He's got to work on being more consistent or Marve is going to take his job.

Willy will be fine. You don't "forget" per se how to play football. Marve is still very green. He does some things well, there's no disputing that. That being said, he takes a lot of risks, and those aren't always going to turn out in our favour. Happy to have both on our team. We are in a very good position under centre.

Watched the game just now, poor tackling in the first quarter... Awful play calling in the second half by mb. So predictable...

No stupid penalties makes a difference..

No Levi and No Price are so fair weather players...

Overall ugly game but nice hustle by the guys.

Goalie, on 01 Nov 2014 - 7:31 PM, said:

marve again completed just 50 percent of his passes, 6-12 for 76 yards. 

D won this game. 

Yes, although Marve did at times keep plays alive.  But I agree, Willy hasn't just forgotten how to play good QBing.  I think he just hit a slump, but no reason he can't get out of it this offseason.

Notice how Duane Ford actually was able to talk on how this team was improving and how they could continue to do so.  Certain fans around here and certain columnists would do well to listen to what he has to say.  Spot on with much of his analysis (May Rod Black Never Come Back).

Anyway, we closed her out with a win which is what you always want to do.  I think we can shoot for 10 wins next season.

and if Marve starts at QB. I don't know what happened to Drew Willy's accuracy but he wasn't the same guy that started the season. He's got to work on being more consistent or Marve is going to take his job.

how many times do we have to go over it? He's hurt... Banged hand, shoulder, ankle... Maybe more.

You need a broken arm to be able to justify his last two games. That said, I'm certainly not on the dump Willy bandwagon. He'll be better next season.

I agree with most of you that in the big picture this season wasn't a total loss. Lot of good pieces have been put in place. Add a few pieces on both lines and we might have something.

I agree with Bob Irving and Doug Brown...priorities are:

• Offensive line
  • Front 7...bigger DL's and a real MLB
  • New scheme on defense (i.e. get rid of Etch)
  • A couple difference maker import receivers

Offensive line is Job Number 1. But the Bombers have been trying to upgrade that unit for years. So how do we do anything over the off season.

I agree with Bob Irving and Doug Brown...priorities are:

• Offensive line
  • Front 7...bigger DL's and a real MLB
  • New scheme on defense (i.e. get rid of Etch)
  • A couple difference maker import receivers

Offensive line is Job Number 1. But the Bombers have been trying to upgrade that unit for years. So how do we do anything over the off season.

Draft, free agency, recruiting and a healthy Neufeld.