Heenan & Holmes won't re-sign before free agency

gbill2004

@garylawless: expect #argos OL Tyler Holmes to join Heenan in free agency although #redblacks will have a crack at bringing him back to his hometown #cfl

@garylawless: few in #cfl circles expect Heenan to sign elsewhere but do expect him to test market and establish his worth before re-upping with #riders

I'll believe it when I see it.  They will give him the money.  If they have to cut Picard to afford it and start Clark or Watman at Centre, then so be it.  Heenan will be a Rider.

@garylawless: few in #cfl circles expect Heenan to sign elsewhere but do expect him to test market and establish his worth before re-upping with #riders

Ahemmmmm

Would someone at least have the courtesy to say "SPOILER ALERT"?

I'm 4 months away from getting excited about this.

Get ready for 4 months of discussion on this.

Yes, I can see the next few months of FA talk - Heenan, Holmes, and any other breathing soul who might be approaching the realms of Free Agency.

The list will start one way, veer off another way, and get shortened as the months go by, and somehow..Walters will be expected to sign 'em all.

Yikes.

There's no point in starting a bidding/salary war just to be poopheads. Heenan isn't going anywhere and the Riders will juggle things to make it so, so the other GMs will back off quickly. Holmes is a legitimate target and worth pursuing and Walters had better be in at the finish here.

Riders are going to lose someone they don't want to lose, but I'd be absolutely shocked if it was Heenan.

You are correct. Potential riders to go if push comes to shove would include Picard, Fulton or maybe Best.  Bottom line is we have way too much cap space tied up in this group. At this point Labatte is the only untouchable on that line followed by Heenan.

Remember when lawless said this weeks ago and a bunch of you went on about how lawless was just making stuff up? Because he's fat I guess.

Actually what Lawless said was that Walters should sign Heenan, which we all know (the intelligent ones anyway) the chances of that happening are slim and none. If Heenan does test free agency, he'll be there about as long as Josh Bourke was before Montreal re-signed him.