Drew Willy

SmokinBlue

Just a quick way of saying everything drew can do Bo can do better, and drew can't do half the things Bo excels at.

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

Just a few examples of things Bo is better at.

Just a quick way of saying everything drew can do Bo can do better, and drew can't do half the things Bo excels at.

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

Bo Levi Mitchell also has ...

The single best running back in the CFL today on his team ..

(Arguably) the best offensive line in front of him ..

One of the most prolific CFL quarterbacks of his time as an offensive co-ordinator ..

Former CFL quarterback as his head coach ..

I should hope that Mitchell and Tate look good in Calgary.  That said, all those things you've mentioned ..Willy was doing very well at the start of the year ..

He was progressing through his reads remarkably well .. he was extending plays with his legs CONSTANTLY .. showed good touch when going deep and allowed his receivers to make plays .. demonstrated very good mechanics .. showed great composure as evidenced by his multiple game winning drives early in the season ..

The simple fact is Willy is playing hurt .. ankle .. shoulder .. hand .. he has taken a considerable beating over the course of this season .. the offensive line has been a work in progres ALL YEAR LONG .. there hasn't been continuity from week to week .. be it performance .. or bodies .. there has simply been no consistency .. we've had no running game to speak of .. which is EASILY the most important thing that can help a young quarterback out ..

I'm not sure what you or anyone else was expecting in this first year under O'Shea .. it was not going to be miracle work .. it was very likely not going to the playoffs .. we were (are) a bad team with little depth moving to a historically more competitve division .. all I expect is that next year, we show progress .. improve talent (both top end and depth) .. and work on acquiring some NIs ..

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

All well and fine, but iso wasn't talking about BLM, he was stating that Willy, in Calgary and under their system and tutelage , would have done a hell of a lot better, a fact that is hard to dispute.

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

and yet Willy has a better completion percentage and more yards than Bo does... Bo plays on a better and more talented team with the best coaches in the league, that's the real difference at this point. 

Drew Willy said in the post game press conference that he realized during the game that he was not progressing to his 2nd and 3rd reads and this contributed to the sack total.

Wow. That'll do it everytime when you only look to your first read. I wonder why he stopped progressing to the other reads?

He's probably affected by the 2 INT

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

and yet Willy has a better completion percentage and more yards than Bo does... Bo plays on a better and more talented team with the best coaches in the league, that's the real difference at this point.

which proves nothing other than you judge a QB more by his completion percentage than his overall ability, alas Damon allen..

Doubt it, Willy can't even hold Bo's jockstrap.

Geez, another well thought out, insightful post.

Amazing.

I thought...well hoped it was just the booze...

This tells me it's based somewhere deeper and denser.. How he can honestly suggest Levi is that far ahead of willy when willy has put up the numbers he has on our horrific offence is astounding.. It's like he is incapable of realizing all factors..

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

which proves nothing other than you judge a QB more by his completion percentage than his overall ability, alas Damon allen..

What it proves is that for all the shitting you're doing on Drew Willy and despite all the issues he's had he is still performing pretty well all told. BLM is playing with the best coaches in the league, on the best team in the league. He's got a lot of support that Willy doesn't have. The fact that Willy is better in some statistical categories should tell all you haters to pump the brakes on the hating just a little bit. 

There is definitely truth to the fact Willy does not have near enough talent surrounding him. But as I said in the tough love thread I started, regardless of the reason why, his play has slipped big time since July. He is definitely not the same guy he was then. He couldn't make a decision to save his life on Saturday (well, to save a sack anyway) and should be sat for the remainder of the year because he is our future. Cavillo, in Vegas and later in Hamilton, was awful. He looked like Willy does now (not July, now). Maybe even worse. But once he 'got it' - well, the rest is history. I'm not saying Willy is going to be the next Cavillo, but he has potential to be like him. 

Willy needs to learn how to use the tools he has, personally and those around him. He needs to learn to get rid of the ball quickly if he's going to be a pocket passer. Cavillo, many times, only had 3 or 4 seconds to throw, but he did throw. Sometimes he was picked off, sometimes it was incomplete, but he got rid of the ball. Willy had that early, but lost it. 

I'm sure he'll start next game though, and Marve will most likely come in in the second half (regardless of how Willy plays). 

But MOS is very much to blame as Willy for this last game, Willy was frozen back there and should have been pulled. Big mistake by a rookie coach who I hope never does that again, unless he want's his star player maimed. 

Drew Willy said in the post game press conference that he realized during the game that he was not progressing to his 2nd and 3rd reads and this contributed to the sack total.

Whoa whoa whoa there. You mean..... nah iso, goalie, Mr P and the rest can't be wrong about Drew freaking Willy can they? .... Ummmm, nope, it's me, I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Its the water boy (right Willy boys) -he's the culprit. Not Drew Willy, He had the time to go to his fourth reads, no one was open. That's why he was sacked. Willy is God, he can do no wrong. Now Willy is Jesus Christ, and he's shouldering the burden of the whole team

You'd probably get a lot more credit for your opinion if you didn't sound like such a clown while you convey it.

"look at me look at me look at me look at me"

Yeah, is there such a thing as clown's soapbox?

Mayor's chair @ Toronto city council.

He'd rather throw it away then take 60 sacks

Also he is only down 1 percent yet he throws it away way more.

Has 20 td vs willy 14

8 ints vs willy 16

232 rushing yards and 4 rushing td

Vs willy 214 and 2 and this is in way less games...

Yall should learn your facts before you go spouting off who has better stats. Willy doesn't beat him in any category. Passing percent he is 1 ahead but you can subtract 5 or 6 percent for never throwing the ball away.

Mitchell has had fantastic protection all season long that alone should stop this conversation.

Ridiculous to compare him with Willy... He also had Cornish and company who provided a great running game.

Willy is good ****.. He just needs some help

Problem with a lot of posters (in general) is that when times are tough .. they lack the ability to step back and look at what's going on objectively .. did Willy have a perfect season?  Hell no.  But there are a tonne of positives to build on and you can see he's easily the best quarterback we've had here in a long while.  All I can hope is that we haven't absolutely crushed the guy because we didn't do enough to protect him.

Mitchell has had fantastic protection all season long that alone should stop this conversation.

Ridiculous to compare him with Willy... He also had Cornish and company who provided a great running game.

Problem with a lot of posters (in general) is that when times are tough .. they lack the ability to step back and look at what's going on objectively .. did Willy have a perfect season? Hell no. But there are a tonne of positives to build on and you can see he's easily the best quarterback we've had here in a long while. All I can hope is that we haven't absolutely crushed the guy because we didn't do enough to protect him.

it quite the opposite I'm looking at things as objectively as can be done. I'm pointing out obvious negatives willy has and needs to work on, I'm not saying I want him gone. It's not my problem it took you guys so long to see these obvious faults because you were too clouded by hope to look at things objectively and we're too excited with willys start to the season.

Problem with a lot of posters (in general) is that when times are tough .. they lack the ability to step back and look at what's going on objectively .. did Willy have a perfect season? Hell no. But there are a tonne of positives to build on and you can see he's easily the best quarterback we've had here in a long while. All I can hope is that we haven't absolutely crushed the guy because we didn't do enough to protect him.

it quite the opposite I'm looking at things as objectively as can be done. I'm pointing out obvious negatives willy has and needs to work on, I'm not saying I want him gone. It's not my problem it took you guys so long to see these obvious faults because you were too clouded by hope to look at things objectively and we're too excited with willys start to the season.

No you aren't looking at things objectively .. this post (below) shows you are anything but objective:

Reading defenses

Moving the pocket

Scrambling

Throwing on the run

Quick release balls

Deep ball accuracy

composure

Pocket awareness

I pointed out to you that earlier in the year he did a great number of these things .. and did them exceptionally well .. your response was to not acknowledge *ANY* of those successes .. as for my part, I have no hand in the game .. I didn't have high expectations .. hope .. or fantasies as to how this season might unfold .. I understood we wouldn't be a great team this year .. I thought we would struggle .. and while it was great that we started strongly I never once suggested it would last or that this should be the norm.  I've *ALWAYS* preached patience and that things are never as good (or bad) as many people seem to believe.  It's called perspective.  I understand that a young quarterback is going to struggle .. there are going to be up and downs in a game .. ups and downs in a season .. especially so when you are a team as bereft of talent as we are .. as hampered by injuries as we have been .. when you can't put together protection or a running game consistently ..

Who are "You Guys"? What makes you the sole expert here & the last word on quarterback performance? I think your logic is absolutely flawed so the "You Guys"comment is ridiculous. If I say YOU don't know what you're talking about would that be too harsh?? Comparing Willy to Mitchell is ludicrous. Mitchell is in qb heaven with the Stamps compared to Willy who is in qb hell. Mitchell has an actual OL that gives him protection. He has Dave Dickenson as an OC & qb coach. He has John Hufnagel as his HC. Willy's has no pass blocking thanks to a putrid OL, a 70 year old qb coach in his first year learning the CFL, MB as a so so OC & MOS a former linebacker as a HC. There is absolutely no comparison. Oh & should we compare talent with the Stampeders. Should we go there as well????