Should The Bombers Play 3 RBs At A Time To Help Protect The QB?

USABomberfan

Okay, not sure if that's legal or not, but since you can only play 5 linemen, maybe 6 if one of them reports as a TE, but I think he has to go out as a receiver in that case, not sure, but at least use a 3 RB formation I say and have them all block.  3 receivers going downfield should be enough to find a mid range target.  Bottom line though, this O-line needs help and I'm with Doug Brown calling for max protection on the QB.

max power, on 16 Oct 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Yeah, if we want to sacrifice all offensive production to just protect the QB we may as well sit Willy after all. Or run the ball 60 times.

And how is there offensive production when we're getting 0 blocking up front period from our linemen?  Something should be done about that don't you think?

Why we don't go with a two back set I do not understand. We go entire games with receivers that make one catch or never see the ball. No rule against the back catching the ball so at least it gives us options and the other defence something else to think about.  

The two-back set is not much of an option due to the horrible play of the O-line so the extra man is needed to shore up the blocking. A good old-school  tight end could help with the blocking and even leak out into the flats for outlet passes to slow the rush once in awhile.