Buck vs Goltz (Advanced Statistics)

Mike

To be fair, Goltz would need to start as many games as Buck to get a true comparison.  Too many variables including injuries, offensive scheme, available players versus injuries etc.

I'm not down on Goltz.  I just think Buck deserves a shot at a comeback.  We saw what happened to Calvillo with a bad system. 

That's a fairer statement, but let's be honest ... it's not just Crowton's system that Buck has struggled with.

He struggled with the LaPolice offense. He struggled with the Crowpolice offense. He struggled with the Crowton offense.

I just don't see a comeback being successful. I wish it could be.

That's a fairer statement, but let's be honest ... it's not just Crowton's system that Buck has struggled with.

He struggled with the LaPolice offense. He struggled with the Crowpolice offense. He struggled with the Crowton offense.

I just don't see a comeback being successful. I wish it could be.

To be fair, EVERY QB we had struggled under those offensive schemes.  Elliott did the best with the chicken 'salad' that our offensive systems have been.

To be fair, EVERY QB we had struggled under those offensive schemes.  Elliott did the best with the chicken 'salad' that our offensive systems have been.

I was thinking about that the other day.

Crowton seems to have figured out the red zone now. Biggest issue Elliott had.

I wonder what Elliott and Crowton could produce together this year.

I was thinking about that the other day.

Crowton seems to have figured out the red zone now. Biggest issue Elliott had.

I wonder what Elliott and Crowton could produce together this year.

I was wondering the other day if maybe the reason Elliott looked good was that he would just ignore the play calls and do whatever he liked.... which would also explain why the coaches couldn't wait to get him out of town. It's such a tin foil hat thing but what if Crowton is just the shits of a play caller? 

The thing with Elliot was that the errors he was making were largely coachable ones that could have been addressed with some competent guidance and a bit of maturity. But of course we aren't patient enough for that.

Well this is the whole deal isn't it?

Somewhere between the brash style of Elliott and the teeth gnashing of the Coaching staff, there must have been a starting point to turn what was evidently some talent into a usable QB.

Was it just immaturity? 

Were they pished that he, as 17 says, ignored their plays? (and made plays on his own)

Let's face it...he brought excitement to our game. (until the red zone)

Lack of patience?

Who were the real dumb asses here?

Let's just hope Hall will make us forget this ordeal.

In hind sight it definitely was a mistake to release Joey.

We could offer Wally a second round pick for permission to talk to him about whether he would consider coming back to Winnipeg.

We can give him Clarence Denmark...

I liked Elliott as well guys, but after all the picks I wasn't that heart broken he was cut.

Now I'm kind of wishing we kept him.

Elliotts problems were ones that were far easier to coach out in my mind than not being able to do anything right. He was at least able to move the ball, the offense showed a lot of progress towards the end of last year when he was under centre. But Burke and Crowton soured on him and didn't even want to try and work with him on the problem areas. Huge mistake simply because he was the only qb we've had in the last 4 years who has been able to put drives together. 

So any chance of Elliott coming back next season? 

talked with a reporter yesterday who said the coaches hate that Elliott doesn't watch film and doesn't prepare properly. Said that Tim Burke really doesn't like the guy and that's being polite about it. 

So, no....no JE under Tim Burke's watch...

talked with a reporter yesterday who said the coaches hate that Elliott doesn't watch film and doesn't prepare properly. Said that Tim Burke really doesn't like the guy and that's being polite about it. 

but TIm Burke is going to be relieved of his duties before next season...

but TIm Burke is going to be relieved of his duties before next season...

Yeah, what we really need is a coach who embraces a QB who doesn't watch film or prepare adequately

Yeah, what we really need is a coach who embraces a QB who doesn't watch film or prepare adequately

How about a coach that is willing to try and improve a guys habits?

How about we try a QB with some actual potential instead of trying to get a dud like Elliott back?

How about a coach that is willing to try and improve a guys habits?

How about we try a QB with some actual potential instead of trying to get a dud like Elliott back?

Yep, them POWs showed what a dud he is...