Buck vs Goltz (Advanced Statistics)

Mike

5/7 came in the one game vs Calgary, which people just can't let go of for some reason. The rest of the time, he protected the ball really well. He showed a hell of a lot more than any QB we've had in a really long time. But again, if the kid is a dope and the coaches don't like him, that's a whole other thing....hopefully he grows up one day.

5/7 came in the one game vs Calgary, which people just can't let go of for some reason. The rest of the time, he protected the ball really well. He showed a hell of a lot more than any QB we've had in a really long time. But again, if the kid is a dope and the coaches don't like him, that's a whole other thing....hopefully he grows up one day.

Actually it was 3 vs. Toronto and 4 vs. Calgary.  And if people can bring up the 2 PotW's, then it's just as valid to bring up the 2 games where he was absolutely terrible.

Regardless, it's probably a moot point.  I have a hard time seeing Elliott return.  Too many other good QB prospects out there right now.

for **** sakes, even in those games where he turned the ball over, he was still able to put drives together and move the offense. That's something every other qb we've used in the last 4 years has flat out struggled at the best of times to do. Like I said, the guy had some problems that to me seem like they are easier to fix then trying to make guys who can't even move the ball into better players. Hell one of the reasons Burke was so pissed at Elliott was all thos eturnovers against Calgary, has flat out said kick field goals and they win that game, so in that situation why not try and coach those mistakes out and try and get the guy to improve his habits if that's the problem? There was more to work with there than with anyone else. 

Wally has demonstrated a history in identifying and developing QBs. I am curious why he sees something in Elliott that so many posters and people in Winnipeg do not? He could easily and otherwise have someone else as a developmental QB other than Elliott could he not?

Too many other good QB prospects out there right now.

Not disgreeing on Elliot (he's 3rd in BC and not seeing playing time for a reason) but who do you see as good prospects that we have a shot at?

We could have a realistic shot at Drew Willy and Zach Collaros to name a couple.  Someone might shake loose from Calgary too, if we want to go that direction.  Matt Nichols could also be an interesting option, depending on his health of course.

Wally has demonstrated a history in identifying and developing QBs. I am curious why he sees something in Elliott that so many posters and people in Winnipeg do not? He could easily and otherwise have someone else as a developmental QB other than Elliott could he not?

He has a developmental QB, named DeMarco.  And I think it speaks volumes that DeMarco is ahead of the far more experienced Elliott on the depth chart.  Elliott is the emergency veteran QB that smart teams like to employ.  He's proven he can run an offence to some degree, but I'd be surprised if Buono has any kind of long term plans for Elliott.  

I guess that makes Pierce our short term emergency, experienced QB and there is speculation he will start this week? This team is functionally dysfunctional.

There's nothing typical about our QB situation.  Everyone is the starter and emergency QB all at once.

Too many other good QB prospects out there right now.

Not disgreeing on Elliot (he's 3rd in BC and not seeing playing time for a reason) but who do you see as good prospects that we have a shot at?

We could have a realistic shot at Drew Willy and Zach Collaros to name a couple.  Someone might shake loose from Calgary too, if we want to go that direction.  Matt Nichols could also be an interesting option, depending on his health of course.

Like those two. Don't think I want Calgary's. Tate seems to be Buck 2.0 and, while Glen is doing well, he'll take a hit and go back to his old ways soon enough. Have to see more of Nichols once healthy.

There were media reports early on the Elliott was only there to keep the 3rd string seat warm until Hart was "ready", although I'm sure that the expansion draft at the end of this season has something to do with it as well.

Elliott is gone people, why can't some let it go ?

There were media reports early on the Elliott was only there to keep the 3rd string seat warm until Hart was "ready", although I'm sure that the expansion draft at the end of this season has something to do with it as well.

because no one has been able to make us forget about him. You release a qb you better have someone better to take his place, that was not the case here. 

because no one has been able to make us forget about him. You release a qb you better have someone better to take his place, that was not the case here. 

You do realize that was Macks MO at every position, why would QB be any different?