Durant likely to return this season

Migs

Hey Migs if you are so sure, why don't we put a bet on it?

This doesn't go down "as planned" and you leave the site.

I'll take that bet if you agree to the same. If Durant does come back as planned, you leave the site. Agreed?

sounds good. The site isn't that great with 10 posts in a row by you cluttering up every other thread anyways.

Taman said on 620 ckrm Sportscage tonight that Riders will activate Durant for Game 17 & that he will play in Game 18. Doesn't sound like a false hope to me.

Don't believe everything ANYTHING that Pederson says...

Unbelievable how much Pederson abuses the position of trust he's been given.  Pretty much just making stuff up whenever he wants.

So, when's SJ Green suiting up for the Riders?

I'll take that bet if you agree to the same. If Durant does come back as planned, you leave the site. Agreed?

sounds good. The site isn't that great with 10 posts in a row by you cluttering up every other thread anyways.

I've never wanted somebody's injury to heal slowly more in my life...

What if he plays in week 18 and gets hurt on the first snap?

What if he plays in week 18 and is clearly *not* back to normal as Migs suggests he will be?

Just trying to clarify.

If he's dressed for 17 and takes the first snap in game 18 that’s fine with me.

I believe a GM is going to pitch an overly optimistic recovery scenario but don't think they'd actually rush back their franchise QB if he’s not healthy.

Control the message .

With Riders smashing the panic button and failing to get a credible QB they need to quell the negativity with overly optimistic Durant talk. This keeps the hounds at bay and dont have to answer annoying questions about the now ordinary defense and porous O-line.

Bush was responsible for 9/11 right? ;)
Grow up.

So the Durant happy talk on the heels of the failed trade offers was a complete coincidence ?

No coincidence. Durant got the info this morning from Dr.
Yeah, suuuuuurrrre...

Just like having the refs in our back pocket, it's all a big conspiracy. ;)

Dominic Picard is one of the worst offenders in the CFL. 

sounds good. The site isn't that great with 10 posts in a row by you cluttering up every other thread anyways.

Methinks you need to recheck the threads. I post a lot in the Riders related threads & only occasionally in the others.

I know full well it could have been anyone in the organization or in Ottawa's or Edmonton's. That does not diminish the fire behind the smoke though. The Riders are actively looking for and willing to give up huge returns for a starting QB.

Now answer me this....do you think Taman is an idiot who would give up a 1st round pick and more or a star NI receiver for a stop gap QB that will start 4 games? I don't think he is. Like I said earlier, all the lip service and optimism coming from the Rider brass is in complete opposition  to what their actions have been over the past few days. I  get it that you have green goggles in regard to this issue but are they blinding you to common sense? They must be. I think we have found the driver of the turnip truck.

BTW, Migs, you keep referencing Doug Flutie as an example. First of all, you do realize that two people can have the same injury but different degrees of severity right? Doug Flutie had a slight tear of his tendon in his elbow. In fact, he played several games before the doctor's and Flutie made the decision to repair it before it became worse. Durant's was reported as a complete tear of the tendon...a much worse prognosis. Comparing the two is simply not applicable.

BTW, Migs, you keep referencing Doug Flutie as an example. First of all, you do realize that two people can have the same injury but different degrees of severity right? Doug Flutie had a slight tear of his tendon in his elbow. In fact, he played several games before the doctor's and Flutie made the decision to repair it before it became worse. Durant's was reported as a complete tear of the tendon...a much worse prognosis. Comparing the two is simply not applicable.

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!!

THE RIDERS SAID THERE WAS AN EXCELLENT CHANCE!!!

fields of marigolds, skipping thru fields of marigolds, lalalalalalala, why is everything so beautiful and green? lalalalalalala

It's funny how after that interview the conspiracy theories about Taman leaking the Burris offer to Madani have disappeared lol

Just like you'll disappear, like you always do, when your insatiable desire to be right in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary makes you look like, well, an idiot.

I just joined this site so what makes you think Id disappear? And what overwhelming evidence to the contrary are you talking about? Tell me, how long have other QBs been out with the same injury as Durant.

Carson Palmer, with a lower degree of severity....close to a year. That's just one off the top of my head. For every Doug Flutie you trot out, I can trot out one that it ended their season. Why? Because not everyone is the same and no two injuries are exactly the same. You keep grasping onto that lame duck argument though....it's all you've  got.

Turning in to a sask based fan site here it seems, Not sure i like that too much. Way too many topics about SASK on here but regardless, Seems pretty obvious Durant is done for the year, regardless of what a rider fan or 2 thinks. Pretty obvious that the deal Sask made with Ottawa or proposed deal with Ottawa for Buriss is legit, I mean, it's been reported by more than just Madani. Doesn't make sense to even propose that trade if you think Durant will be back this season, Fact is.. He won't be and the only reason Chamblin and whoever else "believes he might be" is because they have seen that Rider team give up and fold the last 2 weeks without Durant so they are just trying to give their other players a reason for optimism, Don't give up guys, Darian will be back soon. But reality is, he won't be. 

Pretty obvious watching SASK the last 2 weeks that based on the other players body language and all that stuff, they are done like dinner without durant and they know it.

Maybe if the coaches showed half as much faith in their backups as they do in durant "maybe returning this year", that maybe just maybe those backups could get the job done, it's not like Durant was lighting it up this year, he was just managing the game and basically letting the running game win games for them. Sask is last in the league in passing yards per game are they not? Without a passing game you can't win in this league consistently and that's just being proven now. Honestly, even if Durant wasn't hurt, i still think the riders would be struggling right now, Teams have caught on to them, take away the run and make them beat you with the pass and they can't do it.

This funk reminds me a lot of last season (hell we got smoked by the Bombers), remember when you guys wrote the Riders off after that? Sorry to inform you that Durant will be back before the end of the regular season.

"You guys"?  Just a general comment about Bomber fans?  Because... you weren't here.

I miss Bluto. If we have to have some other teams fans here, why can't it be Bluto?

I take back every mean thing I ever said about Bluto. 

As for Durant, good luck with that, that's all I say.  What happened to all the Tino love posts?  You mean, a highly touted young QB is... struggling?  Say it ain't so.

Also for the love of god, if you're going to be here, and feel the incessant need to respond to every post, PLEASE LEARN MULTIQUOTE.