FNF - BC @ Ottawa

Mr Dee

Kevin Glenn now has his wish of being a starting QB.  He's the man.

Was just thinking this, Glenn now has his shot with no one looking over his shoulder.

So does Buono return to the sidelines first or does Gibson get canned?

I don't think either will happen, but I highly doubt that Gibson is going anywhere, when Burris is your QB and nobody can hold onto the ball, there's clearly other problems that can't be put on Gibson. As for Buono, I could see it happening, just not sure if it will.

Man oh man Burris just stank out loud on that final series. He's gotta own that one himself, but knowing Burris he'll likely blame everyone but himself.

This just makes me wonder (again) why on earth the RedBlacks went with him as their starter. He just doesn't seem like the guy you'd want to have in as a leader and someone to set the tone for a new, young team. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Burris and I wish him no success, but it'd be nice if Ottawa had a football team that didn't suck out loud

Kevin Glenn now has his wish of being a starting QB.  He's the man.

Was just thinking this, Glenn now has his shot with no one looking over his shoulder.

So does Buono return to the sidelines first or does Gibson get canned?

I don't think either will happen, but I highly doubt that Gibson is going anywhere, when Burris is your QB and nobody can hold onto the ball, there's clearly other problems that can't be put on Gibson. As for Buono, I could see it happening, just not sure if it will.

I think both are real possibilities... somebody has to take the fall for Frank - Ottawa can't come out and admit that their QB stinks and that their GM was unable to uncover one decent import receiver

Either way, getting Chevon Walker four touches in a monsoon is ridiculous.

I think both are real possibilities... somebody has to take the fall for Frank - Ottawa can't come out and admit that their QB stinks and that their GM was unable to uncover one decent import receiver

Can't disagree with that.

Walker did not play in the second half.

Can't believe a Rider fan just did a pbp for this whole $#** show.  I basically caught the last minute of the 2nd half and switched the channel about 5 minutes into the 3rd.  It is effin terrible when a football game is so bad that a Women's NCAA volleyball match is more exciting.

i'll say I'm glad our offense has improved to at least being competent for the most part this year, other than 1 or 2 games, but I really wish the rest of this league would get it's act together and fix their offenses.  Yeah I know, some teams like SSK are ones that you kinda wouldn't mind seeing struggle in that regard, but even there, bad offense is bad for league marketing.  Really sucks that the lack of that cost the league a chance to capitalize on an NFL strike back in the 80s.  I've seen better years so certainly I think the league can see a resurgence in this regard, but this has gotta get fixed before too long.

sweep the leg, on 05 Sept 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 05 Sept 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

It is effin terrible when a football game is so bad that a Women's NCAA volleyball match is more exciting.

What a strange comparison.

No comparison at all, just sayin how unwatchable that game was that I switched off to watch them girls in the short shorts and legs to love, and boy am I glad I did.

Walker did not play in the second half.

Ahh...  then it would seem that Desjardins is to blame for thinking that Michael Hayes is CFL worthy.

Winnipeg brings in Kevin Glenn to back up Khari Jones, Hamilton brings him in to back up Quinton Porter, Calgary brings him in to back up Drew Tate & BC brings him in to back up Travis Lulay. Somehow he ends up as the full time starter on all four teams within half a year. 

If there's any silver lining here, there may be some justice in the fact that Glenn gets to start in BC while Burris rots away in his last years with the dumpster fire RedBlacks.