Bombers add DL's Moseley and Booker

gbill2004

I hope these additions aren't more of the same body types that fit Etch's wish list and scheme. Teams successful against the inside run game have at least one hulking, bruising inside DT as a run stopper who can also collapse the pocket. This team currently is undersized on defence.

I'm not sure about Moseley, but the other two d-linemen recently signed are defensive ends and it seems to me that our problems on our line are in the middle, not the ends. I wonder what the thinking is behind these signings.

Nope not the case. Unless you mistakenly think the run stopping problems are a personnel issue and not a scheme issue. 

I'm not sure about Moseley, but the other two d-linemen recently signed are defensive ends and it seems to me that our problems on our line are in the middle, not the ends. I wonder what the thinking is behind these signings.

Nope not the case. Unless you mistakenly think the run stopping problems are a personnel issue and not a scheme issue. 

And I do.

And I do.

Then you're wrong. We had the same defensive tackles with Tim Burke and run stopping wasn't a huge area of concern. 

Injury to Fraser, Vega hit and miss health wise.

I still remember the days when guys like Herb Grey, Phil Minnick, etc. would stuff legends like George Reed, Earl "Earthquake' Lunsford, Lovell Coleman, George Dixon, etc.

As for a previous poster stating Zack Anderson was a big guy - he sure got swallowed up big-time in Benny Heenan's basket. Looked pretty small and ineffective against a monster like Heenan.

I think Kromah and Kuale might be solid for the first half Sunday. Then who knows?

And I do.
Then you're wrong. We had the same defensive tackles with Tim Burke and run stopping wasn't a huge area of concern.

Henoc made like 100 tackles, helps to have a big body in the middle.

I still remember the days when guys like Herb Grey, Phil Minnick, etc. would stuff legends like George Reed, Earl "Earthquake' Lunsford, Lovell Coleman, George Dixon, etc.

As for a previous poster stating Zack Anderson was a big guy - he sure got swallowed up big-time in Benny Heenan's basket. Looked pretty small and ineffective against a monster like Heenan.

I think Kromah and Kuale might be solid for the first half Sunday. Then who knows?

Except that Turner was matched up against Heenan a fair bit more than Anderson...