Proulx, the sound I make when I throw up

IC Khari

Sure there where some lapses on the Bombers part but that was the WORST officiated game I have ever seen. I've had enough of this Bomber hating clown! Wasn't he the guy who gave the Als the win a few years back at CanadInns Stadium? Of course Allen can run through a hole that the Bomber defender is being clearly held on. How many blatent offsides by the Riders turned into big plays does he think is enough? Puke ... I mean Proulx!

Sure there where some lapses on the Bombers part but that was the WORST officiated game I have ever seen. I've had enough of this Bomber hating clown! Wasn't he the guy who gave the Als the win a few years back at CanadInns Stadium? Of course Allen can run through a hole that the Bomber defender is being clearly held on. How many blatent offsides by the Riders turned into big plays does he think is enough? Puke ... I mean Proulx!

Whoa there big guy, CFL refs are excellent. See the Officiating thread for clarification. Go Refs!

Whoa there big guy, CFL refs are excellent. See the Officiating thread for clarification. Go Refs!

Yes what was I thinking, thanks I almost lost my head for a moment there ;)

The blatant holdings and offsides, ok i get it, they don't always call those but are guys got called twice for holding didn't they? so if you call one team, call the other. But you know what, i can give the refs a pass on those ones, the one i can't understand for the life of me was the none call on the opening drive that resulted in a sask interception and totally killed what would have been early momentum. How do you miss that? not enough evidence to over turn the call? How the hell do you say that when it was obviously a PI call...

I can live with the lack of calls on the holding and the offsides, but that non PI call on the opening drive, in a way, it cost us the game. Normally not a fan of blaming refs but in this case, proulx has a history of questionable calls vs the bombers... gonna be honest, second i heard he was the ref, i thought to myself, we are screwed, playing the riders and the refs. Proulx should not be allowed to ref another bomber game ever again. The history suggests there is an issue with him and the bombers for some unknown reason. 

The blatant holdings and offsides, ok i get it, they don't always call those but are guys got called twice for holding didn't they? so if you call one team, call the other. But you know what, i can give the refs a pass on those ones, the one i can't understand for the life of me was the none call on the opening drive that resulted in a sask interception and totally killed what would have been early momentum. How do you miss that? not enough evidence to over turn the call? How the hell do you say that when it was obviously a PI call...

I can live with the lack of calls on the holding and the offsides, but that non PI call on the opening drive, in a way, it cost us the game. Normally not a fan of blaming refs but in this case, proulx has a history of questionable calls vs the bombers... gonna be honest, second i heard he was the ref, i thought to myself, we are screwed, playing the riders and the refs. Proulx should not be allowed to ref another bomber game ever again. The history suggests there is an issue with him and the bombers for some unknown reason. 

I was at the game yesterday.  Talking to Rider fans, they hate Proulx as much or more than Bomber fans. 

Either that or they want the free paninis that dressler is getting.

Seriously I thought all free perks had to count against the cap.  Wouldn't it be easy to provide use of a house and car to a player and not have it count otherwise?

Sask has been doing that sort of thing for years.

Either that or they want the free paninis that dressler is getting.

Seriously I thought all free perks had to count against the cap.  Wouldn't it be easy to provide use of a house and car to a player and not have it count otherwise?

Sask has been doing that sort of thing for years.

I loved the way TSN highlighted all of Sask's cap violations... I mean they were lame - carwashes and paninis...  but still

Anyone read  Sportcasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won

The author argues (with evidence) that home field advantage in team sports is real and mostly attributable to refs or umpires favouring (unconsciously one hopes) the home team.  Subjective calls like holding are most likely to be affected.

I wish this theory worked in Winnipeg.

Anyone read  Sportcasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won

The author argues (with evidence) that home field advantage in team sports is real and mostly attributable to refs or umpires favouring (unconsciously one hopes) the home team.  Subjective calls like holding are most likely to be affected.

I wish this theory worked in Winnipeg.

In the CFL I don't think it's about home vs. away teams, it's about reputation. DBs with all star accolades get away with a lot more interference than rookies because refs give name players the benefit of the doubt. Same thing with offensive lines. The ones with a good reputation get more leeway from the refs because of the reputation. It's not a new phenomenon just the way it is. With the Bombers having been such a joke the previous few years it's going to take time to get that reputation with the refs and start having them give us some leeway. 

Holding is a reputation call in the CFL these days. Because the Riders o-line is known to be good they have a lot (nd I mean a LOT) more leeway with regards to how blatant is has to be to be called holding. It's not a conspiracy, it's just that the refs in the CFL are really bad. 

Compeletly agree.  The only thing I would add however is that Proulx seems to be the worst of a bad lot...having him officiate big games like the LDC isn't actually fair to him or the players/fans...it only exposes his incompetence to a much larger audience...it embarasses the CFL and Mr. Proulx personally...

I'm not one to complain about reffing, and certain, we lost that game all on our own...but man there were some AWFUL non-calls.

I agree... I'm never one to blame a loss on the refs... this one was on us... but for that Sask o-line to go the entire game without getting called for holding once is an absolute sham....