Garcia to Als

Floyd

just watched some guys on tv talking about how hard it is for football players, some of them, to stop playing.

I guess he's looking at chad johnson, duron carter, and thinking it would be fun.

Favre was in his forties wasn't he when he played for vikings?

For me it is not even practice.  The guy is 44 years old.  What happens the first time he takes a devastating sack from someone like Odell Willis.  Would he even be able to get up and keep playing at a high level after that.

I am just turning 40 this year, and no I am not a professional athlete nor do I train like one, but you do notice the aches pains and extended recovery time more and more.   There is a reason why most athletes can't make it into their late 30s, never mind mid-forties.

And even if he does play effectively this year, how many more years can he play in Montreal.  Past this year?   Montreal needs to find their QB of the future.  Playing Garcia will just delay that, and I don't believe he can lead them to a Grey Cup, so what would be the point of playing him.   Take your lumps now, and find your future.    

Unreal.. So this has to be considered absolutely that the wheels fell off, right? Montreal is hooped..

On another note.. As garcia is a "coach" and say he's paid 600k a year... If he steps onto the field of play, does that not count against the cap now?

Doubt it.  I imagine should he decide to play, they would either shred up his coaching contract and  write up a player contract. or there's a clause in his current agreement  whereas if he plays his salary changes..

Mike may have more information.

Seems like from what I've read, most of the rumors about him actually suiting up to play are largely jokes circulating.  I mean, would just be incredibly stupid to play a guy who's older than Calvillo himself and who's been out of football like 5 years now and hasn't even played a CFL snap in what, 16 years?  If Higgins really was planning on that, he'd have to be a completely insane coach with no ounce of reason left in him whatsoever.  I mean hey I get that the Als pulled him in after he'd been out 7 years, and that he certainly seems to be a bit out of touch with the way coaching goes these days, but I'd be completely shocked if he lost all sanity to pull a move like this.

Seems like from what I've read, most of the rumors about him actually suiting up to play are largely jokes circulating.  I mean, would just be incredibly stupid to play a guy who's older than Calvillo himself and who's been out of football like 5 years now and hasn't even played a CFL snap in what, 16 years?  If Higgins really was planning on that, he'd have to be a completely insane coach with no ounce of reason left in him whatsoever.  I mean hey I get that the Als pulled him in after he'd been out 7 years, and that he certainly seems to be a bit out of touch with the way coaching goes these days, but I'd be completely shocked if he lost all sanity to pull a move like this.

Unless the decision to play Garcia comes from above Higgins, can't really rule that out with the ALS. i mean, the GM didn't even get a say on the Higgins hiring... seems like the owner is running things there, if the owner is running things, what really could higgins do. Higgins is almost like a puppet here being controlled by those who are above him on the pecking order. 

Unless the decision to play Garcia comes from above Higgins, can't really rule that out with the ALS. i mean, the GM didn't even get a say on the Higgins hiring... seems like the owner is running things there, if the owner is running things, what really could higgins do. Higgins is almost like a puppet here being controlled by those who are above him on the pecking order. 

Yeah true, but if Rob Wetenhall, the owner, is really that crazy, fans had better start calling the local Montreal Doctors to come visit his office because trying to pull stuff like that is just beyond ridiculous, and I mean it would almost rival the crap show that we had going on last year it would be that bad.  I get in the CFL sometimes you need the bad exposed by biting the bullet hard, but I have to believe as much of a let down as the Als were due to have in the first official year of being Calvillo-less, they honestly made it 10x as bad as it could've been considering the best team in the East right now is 2-4.

Take your lumps now, and find your future.

Worked for us (so far), but man... those lumps sure are tough to endure.

That's why I never wanted glenn back. Would rather go through 10+ qbs to find the right one then spin our wheels with something average.

How many qbs have we been through since Glenn?

If Popp had the answers (and his hands aren't tied) her would be using them ... who would you trade for in terms of a promising #2 QB ... he would give up a highly rated 1st rounder draft pick for a differejce maker QB and throw in other stuff ... Owner W has always had $$$$ for recruiting Yanks ... this is about disharmony and crisisisisisisis of confidence .... we all have them once in a while but they are scary

Take your lumps now, and find your future.

Worked for us (so far), but man... those lumps sure are tough to endure.

That's why I never wanted glenn back. Would rather go through 10+ qbs to find the right one then spin our wheels with something average.

How many qbs have we been through since Glenn?

I care not about the revolving door that we used to get to where we are... I'm also very happy we never brought back Glenn or that Burris had a chance to land here... Getting willy can and should play out awesome for us.. His ceiling is pretty high and he's shown what... twice already that he has more cajones and gumption then Glenn ever did.. Mediocrity kills.