CAL v EDM

Calgary seems to be able to hold off the EE pass rush fairly effectively, maybe one or two sacks so far on Mitchell.  Their O-Line seems to be light years ahead of the Bombers and they're playing with one rookie and two second year players and all three are Canucks!

Because Huff understands the importance of building his O-line thru drafting quality prospects.  I look at the 2013 WBB draft and it makes me physically sick.  I hope we never see that ever again.   

Jones linebackers make some pretty impressive adjustments on the fly.

The only difference that I see is that Mitchell has faith in his OL and Willy didn't.

Can't blame Willy for that.  Willy may be the best passer in the West but he's going to have to start moving the pocket around to buy himself time.  Time for Marcel to go back to school and come up with some variations to his game plan.

I don't think it's Willy not having faith in his line. The difference is Mitchell has had time to go through his reads and progressions, and Willy did not.

He had time but Mitchell has happy feet like Willy now has. Willy has an excuse as the Bomber OL isn't as good as Calgary but Mitchell? He rarely gets sacked or even touched. Tonight he looked like he was having trouble finding open receivers.

I don't think it's Willy not having faith in his line. The difference is Mitchell has had time to go through his reads and progressions, and Willy did not.

He had time but Mitchell has happy feet like Willy now has. Willy has an excuse as the Bomber OL isn't as good as Calgary but Mitchell? He rarely gets sacked or even touched. Tonight he looked like he was having trouble finding open receivers.

Probably because the Esks have very good downfield coverage and this is the reason Willy had so many 2 and outs last week.  If there's nobody open it's kind of stupid to throw the ball and hope something good will happen.  I think the best strategy in this situation is to follow the Argos with their dink and dunk timing routes.  Very hard to defend against that offence once the QB and receivers get their timing down, it may not be pretty but it moves the ball. Marcel needs to adjust his game plan to be able to compete with the Western teams or his *ss will be in the hot seat next off-season.

I love how Murray Clarke was the closest official on the offensive pass interference call and didn't throw the flag. No wonder he's no longer a head ref. He shouldn't be reffing period.

You noticed that too. He's been demoted.

He obviously needs to be demoted again. He should be fired actually.

To the comment of finding open receivers - The lines play a part but so do the receiving cores as well. Mitchell, like Willy is still very young in his career and both are without their #1 receivers right now. Price for Mitchell and Kelly for Willy (Not saying Kelly IS a number one receiver talent wise, but it's quite clear Willy has a comfort level with him that he doesn't in others) and not having that security as a quarterback is a significant thing to be without. Look no further than Durant sans Dressler, Ray minus Owens/Durie as well.

That fake punt from the end zone. How dumb can a pro head coach be? Wait, we had Tim Burke so don't answer that. That Jones is just so arrogant. Good to see him get knocked down a few pegs. He's not the genius he's made out to be. And Jones refused to shake Huff's hand after the game. 

That fake punt from the end zone. How dumb can a pro head coach be? Wait, we had Tim Burke so don't answer that. That Jones is just so arrogant. Good to see him get knocked down a few pegs. He's not the genius he's made out to be. And Jones refused to shake Huff's hand after the game

There's too much bad blood between the two so you dont really expect that.

That fake punt from the end zone. How dumb can a pro head coach be? Wait, we had Tim Burke so don't answer that. That Jones is just so arrogant. Good to see him get knocked down a few pegs. He's not the genius he's made out to be. And Jones refused to shake Huff's hand after the game. 

yep was good to see the arrogance cost him the game. Couldn't have happened to a nicer *******. 

I kind of agree with the panel that going for the fake there is sort of okay because nobody's expecting it. Still, t hat said, it looks really good on Jones to look like an ******* on national TV. That guy is the worst kind of prick and deserves looking like an idiot.