Drew Freakin Willy

IC Khari

The Best QB this organization has had since my namesake Mr. Jones back 10 years ago. If these are just his first few learning curve games and he stays healthy (we need to build an oline to protect this asset) we are in for a good period here in Bomberland! Love it, "The Legend Of Drew Willy!" as TSN coined ;) OK I shouldn't drink so much ...

No denying Willy is one cool customer. This kid has star written all over him and we'd be wise to sign him to a long term contract. The pass to Felino -G was wonky but it sure was on the money where it had to be..Keep it going Drew and this season is going to be a great one to remember.

Remember during the training camp when people were hoping we would be 2-2 after four games? Willy and the team played like champions tonight. Looks like Willy is a pretty tough cookie. 

Just watching the Ottawa-Edmonton game and wondering what they feed Bowman. 

Willy picks up pressure like Hank (when he's not Frank)...  guys has nerves of steel.  And those last few minutes were the QB we all wanted Kevin Glenn to be but he never was...

But... MB has to call a better game to protect him - I can count the number of screens, sweeps, pitches... running up the middle does not stop montreal from overloading the box...

Next week is going to be a good game... our D needs to help Willy out

One time Montreal does not bring heat it's in the back of the endzone

They brought the heat my friend but the Bombers were in their TE formation and picked up every last one the b*ggers.

just looked at the replay nope if they would of been JFG would not of been on the field.

6 touches for Grisgby?  Absurd...

Yah, I hate it when they completely abandon the run especially in a close game, reminds me of 2013.  If they can't gain up the middle than take it outside but keep running!   Seemed to me there were a couple of dropped balls tonight but they didn't show the replay so it was hard to tell who was at fault.  On a positive note Grigsby looked effective catching passes.

One time Montreal does not bring heat it's in the back of the endzone

They brought the heat my friend but the Bombers were in their TE formation and picked up every last one the b*ggers.

just looked at the replay nope if they would of been JFG would not of been on the field.

I haven't seen a replay so I defer to your account.  Did look to me like there were more bodies on the line though.

6 touches for Grisgby?  Absurd...

No doubts... specially mid game when they were getting blitzed like crazy.  

0 touches for Cotton was also baffling.

Keep in mind the touches running backs with Calgary and BC got in their previous games with Montreal. The Cornish only had moderate success because he broke a run or two when the game was well in hand, he really didn't do anything before then. Harris and Logan were non factors last week. When you stack the line it limits your run options. Granted some screens would have been interesting to see against the blitz, but considering how the line was performing it's maybe best they didn't try it.

Would have liked to see a less error prone game from the Bombers, but they keep finding ways will(y)ing themselves to win.  This team seems to have an intestinal fortitude not seen around these parts in quite some time.

Just think . . . if the Bombers find a way to win next week, they can play .500 the rest of the year, and they'll do no worse than 11-7.

Wow.

Agreed.  Demond needs to learn to hold on to that ball.  When he does he can be pretty threatening.  But last night, he'd catch the ball and stand there for a split second like a deer in headlights, or run backwards...or just drop the ball.

Put Woods back in along with Cottonball.