Drew Freakin Willy

IC Khari

I had a coach who used to say (and I never forgot) that in every game, five plays decide an outcome. The team that makes those 5 plays wins. I think there's a lot of truth to that. 

When you look at the win-loss record of teams that win the turnover battle I think it becomes clear there is a lot of truth to that. I would expect the overall level of most teams in the league to be close enough that it's the big momentum turning plays that make all the difference. An interception for a touchdown, a blocked punt, a kick return TD, these are all huge plays that flip a game around. 

I had a coach who used to say (and I never forgot) that in every game, five plays decide an outcome. The team that makes those 5 plays wins. I think there's a lot of truth to that. 

When you look at the win-loss record of teams that win the turnover battle I think it becomes clear there is a lot of truth to that. I would expect the overall level of most teams in the league to be close enough that it's the big momentum turning plays that make all the difference. An interception for a touchdown, a blocked punt, a kick return TD, these are all huge plays that flip a game around. 

I think this game was won almost exclusively because of big plays.

1. The D holding the Als to field goals after the punt fumbles

2. Scoring touchdowns on our two turnovers

3. The winning TD pass on THIRD DOWN